Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7590 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

What Do You Think Of The Changes in Professor X?

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

We've seen Charles Xavier go from aged mentor, field leader, teacher and friend.  But about the big changes that have happened to the character in the last few years?  It started with Danger and then the situation was exacerbated by Vulcan, and this entire effort to humanize and humble Professor X has gone entirely too far.  In recent issues of X-men Scott has been anywhere from dismissive to aggressive towards Charles, and honestly, despite his mistakes, lets not forget that he formed the team and shaped the ideals that the entire community of Utopia is formed around.  So its one thing for Cyclops to be mad about some bad choices Charles has made but  have some respect for the man that set most of you on your paths.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    Scott being so angry at Xavier is a little out of character, imo, Xavier's basically his dad after all. The Deadly Genesis stuff was crap though. Making Xavier have a dark side was never a good idea.
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

Exactly!  His dark side shouldnt get any darker then Onslaught or The Entity.  And youre right, he's basically his father so being made is one thing but casting him out like some refugee not only seemed wrong but completely wrong and i couldnt believe everyone supported him on it.

I will disagree on one thing though, I thought Deadly Genesis was amazing.  I didn't like the long term implications for Xavier, but i liked his human fallibility and i liked this new backstory with Vulcun and Darwin and all that it lead to.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

if you think about it Xavier's always been kind of a dick...I mean he was sending kids who were barely into puberty out to fight Magneto and the Brotherhood under the guise of training them to use their powers...that seems kind of dickheaded to me

theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By theiconic

xavier is honorable  if not for him apocalypse would rule all!!!

theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By theiconic
    @Edamame: when?   only in alternet stories never full canon
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

I'm so tired of seeing Xavier painted as a bad guy.  I know he's been a saint for so many decades, and that makes it fashionable to make him into a sadistic creep... but come on.  It's his dream that brought the X-Men together. 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I'm so tired of seeing Xavier painted as a bad guy.  I know he's been a saint for so many decades, and that makes it fashionable to make him into a sadistic creep... but come on.  It's his dream that brought the X-Men together.  "
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Gambit1024

I don't like the changes at all. If it weren't for him, there'd be no X-Men period.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

The guy made some mistakes. We've all been there and done that. Granted, it probably wasn't sending a group of innocent young teenagers to fight a living island but...
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By N7_Normandy

Where is he currently?  Is he on Utopia right now?  I haven't seen him in any recent issues.  I guess we'll be seeing him soon enough though, since the Illuminati are returning

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @N7_Normandy said:
    "Where is he currently?  Is he on Utopia right now?  I haven't seen him in any recent issues.  I guess we'll be seeing him soon enough though, since the Illuminati are returning "

There are a few Illuminati stories coming up, but currently he's sitting in Utopian limbo... Hardly worth removing him from X-Men: Legacy for that :(
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By daredevil21134
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "I'm so tired of seeing Xavier painted as a bad guy.  I know he's been a saint for so many decades, and that makes it fashionable to make him into a sadistic creep... but come on.  It's his dream that brought the X-Men together.  "
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I don't like the direction they are going with Xavier either, because with the way that the X-Men are treating him, they are basically putting all of Xavier's dreams to waste and there's no telling what could happen in the future if the X-Men decided that they would have to destroy humanity to survive instead of living side by side with the humans, just like Xavier wanted in the first place.  I just hope that the X-Men would make up with Xavier soon just to make sure that the X-Men won't do anything risky that could destroy the mutants' role in society.
    winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how the x writers ruined the tragic friendship between the professor and magneto, in fact this whole dark future marvel has made has been a mess!

shahidmaqsood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has been changed .Especially now,since he has been given a Dark Side recently.With all of his love for Jean Grey.But,also his wheelchair has been changed drastically over the years.

I write about Superheroes + Anime and recently wrote about Charles.If anyone wants to view some more interesting facts about him or Wolverine,I will drop the links:

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/13-most-amazing-and-passionate-facts.html

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/17-amazing-and-uncanny-facts-about.html

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.