Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7579 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

Professor X and his Generation

xmenboi11z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By xmenboi11z

I'm not 100% positive if anyone else has asked this already but here I go. What other mutants came around Prof. X's generation? I know Magneto did but who else? I remember reading that Mystique and Destiny have been around for centuries but I guess they can count in some ways.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

So, you want to know all the mutants who had mutated before the original 5 X-Men?  So characters like Wolverine, Sabretooth & Graymalkin who were born centuries ago... do they count?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " So, you want to know all the mutants who had mutated before the original 5 X-Men?  So characters like Wolverine, Sabretooth & Graymalkin who were born centuries ago... do they count? "
    Selene and Apocalypse too, although they aren't exactly his generation. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Dark Huntress: True, but that also includes all the other Externals (bar Cannonball ;)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty: That's true. (I really need to start reading more Cannonball stuff). 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @xmenboi11: How about Namor?  Do you count him too?  After all, he is the "First" mutant, so I guess he's from the same generation as Xavier. 

Then there's Cassandra Nova his twin so she must count...  And Mister Sinister was involved in Xavier's past so I guess he's old enough.  
    wokattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By wokattack

I guess the exact background of the Shadow King is a bit sketchy, but he has been around for a while. Gateway must be getting old as well, but not sure how long he has (Marvel officially) been alive.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @xmenboi11: How about Namor?  Do you count him too?  After all, he is the "First" mutant, so I guess he's from the same generation as Xavier.  Then there's Cassandra Nova his twin so she must count...  And Mister Sinister was involved in Xavier's past so I guess he's old enough.   "
    Is Sinister a mutant or a mutate?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    "Is Sinister a mutant or a mutate? "
    I always thought of him as a mutant, but I guess that's never been explicitly stated. 

@wokattack said:
    " I guess the exact background of the Shadow King is a bit sketchy, but he has been around for a while. Gateway must be getting old as well, but not sure how long he has (Marvel officially) been alive. "
    Good call!
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Lokheit

Namor isn't really the first mutant, he is the first mutant born since the babyboom of mutants. 

Doctor Nemesis for example was born around half century before Namor if I recall correctly. 

With Proff. X generation you mean any mutant before him or properly, his generation (the ones from the baby boom that now are old)?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty: I always thought that he received his powers and abilities through genetic manipulation at the hands of Apocalypse. I don't think he carries an X-Gene and he wasn't listed in the 198 files along with other remaining mutants, IIRC. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Lokheit: That's why I said "first" mutant, since it's always debatable.  However, he is of Xavier's generation. 

@The Dark Huntress: True.  I often forget that since he's been in the X-Men's lives for so long...  It's probably why I just like to think of him as a mutant anyway.
    xmenboi11z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By xmenboi11z
    @Lokheit said:
    " Namor isn't really the first mutant, he is the first mutant born since the babyboom of mutants.  Doctor Nemesis for example was born around half century before Namor if I recall correctly.  With Proff. X generation you mean any mutant before him or properly, his generation (the ones from the baby boom that now are old)? "
    Yeah any mutants from before and during his own generation. I like older mutants a lot better than some of the younger and new ones. I'm not really all to some of the younger x-men except for loa, match, surge, hellion, and anole. Everyone else is just there.....HOPE. I love the mutants a lot though even though they're like one or two generations down the line. 
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Jubilantlad

Amelia Voght.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.