Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7595 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

Is Xavier still a telepath in X-men 3 ??

Avatar image for mr_allaboutwolverine
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Green Skin

Of coarse he is, why wouldn't he be?  If he retains his abilities in his astral form, then it's safe to say that his telepathy is not dependent on his physical body. 

Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Green Skin said:
    " Of coarse he is, why wouldn't he be?  If he retains his abilities in his astral form, then it's safe to say that his telepathy is not dependent on his physical body.  "
    But he had his powers because of the mutation. In this body he is human.  Doesn't it matter ?
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Green Skin
    @Mr.AllAboutWolverine: I don't think it matters.  In astral form he isn't in his body, yet he still retains his powers.  The very fact that he was able to jump into that body after his body died proves that his abilities stayed with his mind.  Since without them it wouldn't be possible for him to enter the new body.  The Shadow King is a great example of this.  No matter what body the Shadow King is in he still retains his telepathy, it would be the same thing with Xavier. 

Though in his new body I think he would be classified as a psionic entity, rather than a mutant.  Once again, just like Shadow King.
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Green Skin: What you are saying make a lot of sense. I recall now that Cyber, after being eaten by robo-bugs, also did something like Xavier.

Then I guess I have my answer, but does that mean we can expect Xavier in X-men 4, if it will ever be made ?

:D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.