Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7596 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

How did charles xaiver end up in a wheelchair?

Avatar image for evanescencefan91
    evanescencefan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evanescencefan91

I don't know if this has already been discussed  here, or if it's ever been revealed in a comic book, but I was just wondering does anyone know hoe prof x became  paraplegic? 

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Green Skin

I think it was in some kind of cave in when he was in the military....I could be confusing that for the cartoon though.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By umbrafeline

Charles discovers that Lucifer plans for an invasion. During battle, the alien attacks Xavier by dropping a large boulder on Xavier's legs, crushing them.    
    Avatar image for evanescencefan91
    evanescencefan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By evanescencefan91

oh cool thanks 
    :)

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By umbrafeline
    @Edamame said:
    " @evanescencefan91 said:
    " I don't know if this has already been discussed  here, or if it's ever been revealed in a comic book, but I was just wondering does anyone know hoe prof x became  paraplegic?  "
    @Green Skin said:
    " I think it was in some kind of cave in when he was in the military....I could be confusing that for the cartoon though. "
    @umbrafeline said:
    "
    Charles discovers that Lucifer plans for an invasion. During battle, the alien attacks Xavier by dropping a large boulder on Xavier's legs, crushing them.     "
    Really? I thought it was the Shadow King who crippled him or Magneto. I heard about Lucifer though.  "

its near the beginning of chuckles bio page
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Jotham

I think I've seen 4 or 5 different versions. I'm not sure what the current canonical one is.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By umbrafeline
    @Edamame said:
    " @umbrafeline said:
    " @its near the beginning of chuckles bio page "
    Oh. So the Shadow King and/or Magneto incident was false? "

well magneto was the first mutant chuck encountered but it had nothing to do with him becoming plegic. king was the first one he battled on the astral plane but he wsant around at the moment to take chaz's legs away. so to answer your question, yes.
    Belascos_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Belascos_Son
    @Edamame:
    Magneto crippled Chuck in the Ultimate universe...
    OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OldManDuncan

Motorcycle accident

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theworldbreaker

He tryed to look up an elephant's ass becasue he wnated to see how big that ass was and it fell on his legs.  

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By CATPANEXE

from reading all of those darn comic books his parents warned him about.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @umbrafeline:  Right on. In the 616 Universe Lucifer was the first to cripple him.
    umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By umbrafeline
    @Gambler: thanks
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator

Spammed Comic Vine with links to some weird mutant school and caused some trouble with some moderators. IMHO he had it coming. 

Juggalotus420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right here we go, in order.

1.) Xavier legs are crushed by a boulder during a fight with an alien known as Lucifer.

2.) Xavier was later possessed by the alien race the Brood and mutated into a Brood Queen. The X Men restore him using a clone body created using tissue samples. This new body has fully-working legs, but he gets psychosomatic pain whenever he tries to walk, due to years previously spent using his powers to keep the pain of his paralysis at bay. Eventually, he overcomes this difficulty and occasionally joins the X-Men in the field.

3.) Soon afterward during a battle with the Shadow King Xavier is rendered to a wheelchair once more.

4.) Years later Xavier is given the ability to walk again, by a mutant called Xorn who comes to the institute.

Xorn later reveals that he is Magneto in disguise (he is not, he is actually a deranged alien who believes he is Magneto) and he didn't heal Xavier, he was keeping him able to walk by controlling metal nanobots in his bloodstream and once he stopped trying, Xavier was once again rendered to a wheelchair. Fake Magneto is later decapitated by Wolverine.

5.) On the latest occasion, Scarlett Witch rewrites history, a world where Xavier is supposedly dead, was created. When the world was restored to normal Xavier is gone. He later resurfaces with fully functional legs.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juggalotus420: seems like being a paraplegic in the Marvel universe is like being bipolar. One day you feel up, the other you feel down.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets see back in like the early issues of xmen it was an alien named lucifer who crippled charles. Then he gets impregnated by the brood so they clone his body and move his mind into that one so he has legs again. i think he gets crippled again but idk. he could walk during avx tho so maybe he didnt

shahidmaqsood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shahidmaqsood

He lost them when rocks were dropped on him by Lucifer who was an scout for Alien Invasion.He then got them back,and once again lost them by Magneto.

I write about Superheroes + Anime and recently wrote about Charles.If anyone wants to view some more interesting facts about him or Wolverine,I will drop the links:

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/13-most-amazing-and-passionate-facts.html

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/17-amazing-and-uncanny-facts-about.html

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.