Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7595 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

Could Xavier stop Phoneix Cyclops

ruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By ruler

or he did make an empty threat

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DrLove

i think its time that Marvel really let Xavier loose and take the gloves off. Time to show everyone how powerful he really is.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By _Zombie_

@DrLove said:

i think its time that Marvel really let Xavier loose and take the gloves off. Time to show everyone how powerful he really is.

I'd love to see this myself.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XsPectre28

Xavier is alot more powerful then he is given credit for but what peopple fail to realise is that xavier has always held back his power i mean look what happened when he unleashed on magneto...... ONSLAUGHT!!!!!! Xavier knows how to take down every member of the x-men.... aka the xavier protocols & xavier is in possession of the Mind gem still plus who knows what other connections xavier has plus he has legion to back him so naw his threat wasnt empty at all it is valid & shouldnt be taken lightly even by a phoenix powered cyclops...... xavier has exprience dealing with the phoenix force & when he went up againts it the last time it was the phoenix force in jean's form this time it is within cyclops & the others it will be easier for him this time around because A he is stronger in his own powers & B because this isnt the actual force it is the force inhabiting another so it should be easier to sever the bonds

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Madame_Mist

I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier had something up his sleeve.

redomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By redomega

Question: Is Prof. X walking again?

On topic, I think he could. Cyclops hasn't got the WHOLE PF in him. Sure he'll be stronger, but I don't think Charles will have too much trouble - like he won't be on the brink of death. It would be good to see him go all out.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XsPectre28

Xavier has been walking since he returned after M-day........... has been for years

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By telepathic666

no he can't

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gonzo33

With him popping up in A Vs X #6 & #8, I'd like to think that they plan to use him in some way. Hopefully he doesn't try to attack and get badly hurt, leaving him in a wheelchair again :\

somatics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By somatics

I have a hard time seeing the last few AvsX being XvsX. More like everyone vs the remaining Phoenix hosts. BUT that wasn't the question...

I do feel like if anyone had a chance to go vs Scott in Phoenix form, it's Xavier. I really wish that Uncanny X-men dealt with Utopia/Xavier/Magneto instead of some odd Sinister story line. I would of liked to see Xavier/Magneto talking more and Xavier's struggle with seeing two of his closest students (Jean and Scott) being possessed by the same entity. Xavier is probably one of the key players that could take down Scott, with knowing his former student, telepathy, and having experience with Jean's phoenix days.

timelord786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By timelord786

i am not a huge marvel fan and i do not know what a mind gem is but the phoenix is meant to be one of the most powerful entities in the universe, so can a mutant from earth honestly defeat it?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

If anyone is going to do it and make Cyclops come to his senses it would either be Jean, Hope, Emma or Xavier. The OP just asks if he could stop him, would Xavier's death be a move that could wake Cyclops up? Yes. There aren't many people who could do that. Only others I could think of would be Emma if she dies, Hope if she dies, and Jean but she's not relevant for now. And as previously (and recently) mentioned he does possess the mind gem. He could invade Scott's mind with and with unlimited psionic energy at his disposal, I'd say he could.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JonSmith

@DrLove: @ZombieBigfoot:

Pso_Christen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pso_Christen

I feel bad for Xavier due to he is blaming himself for the Phoenix Five. I hope he doesn't beat himself up on this when AvX is over. (I hope he survives too.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.