dmstarz's Power Man and Iron Fist #116 - 1985 review

Avatar image for dmstarz

dmstarz's favourite marvel comic cover no247

I must confess to adoring Power Man/Iron Fist in the mid 80s. The scripting was excellent, tongue in cheek when all else in the Marvel Universe seemed deadly serious. A lot of this was due to the 'odd couple' contrast between the main characters and the cover above emphasises this marvellously. Danny is reaching zen consciousness to stay warm whilst leaving Luke to try to cope with the cold in his own way (ie not very well). And all drawn by the marvellous John Byrne who keeps the image muted and understated. I have ranked this cover no 247 as part of a long term project I am producing on my own blog 'marvel-ous' on blogspot.com re: my favourite marvel comic book covers. Please visit http://dmstarz.blogspot.com/ and check out the other covers that have made my top 250.