Newest Young Avenger ???

Avatar image for augustus_freeman_vi
Augustus Freeman VI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you guys think should be done with him? I personally would like to see him join up with the young avengers. Do you agree and if not what should be done with him??

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rave

I can see him as a young avenger. He will be like the Iron fist/Power Man in their team. 

HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HaHaManHV

I think it's too soon. He could be one day, sure, but right now I think that he and Patriot are too similar and it wouldn't be interesting to read. We'll have to see where Power Man ends up after his mini with Iron Fist and then we'll be able to better judge the situation.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jayskee

i hope so
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Osiris1428
@HaHaManHV said:
" I think it's too soon. He could be one day, sure, but right now I think that he and Patriot are too similar and it wouldn't be interesting to read. We'll have to see where Power Man ends up after his mini with Iron Fist and then we'll be able to better judge the situation. "
How in the world are Power Man and Patriot even remotely similar?
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Green Skin
@Osiris1428 said:
" @HaHaManHV said:
" I think it's too soon. He could be one day, sure, but right now I think that he and Patriot are too similar and it wouldn't be interesting to read. We'll have to see where Power Man ends up after his mini with Iron Fist and then we'll be able to better judge the situation. "
How in the world are Power Man and Patriot even remotely similar? "
I gotta agree with you.  Aside from being black, the two are nothing alike.
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Osiris1428
@Green Skin said:
" @Osiris1428 said:
" @HaHaManHV said:
How in the world are Power Man and Patriot even remotely similar? "
I gotta agree with you.  Aside from being black, the two are nothing alike. "
QFT
HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#8  Edited By HaHaManHV
@Osiris1428: @Green Skin: @Osiris1428: 

I would say that they are too similar because they are both headstrong and have issues with their legacy (At least Patriot did originally). They may fight differently and have different powers, but they both think that they should be leading the charge are not always open to a supporting role (Once again, for Patriot this is mostly true for his early career, less true now as he has grown). 
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Green Skin
@HaHaManHV said:
" @Osiris1428: @Green Skin: @Osiris1428:  I would say that they are too similar because they are both headstrong and have issues with their legacy (At least Patriot did originally). They may fight differently and have different powers, but they both think that they should be leading the charge are not always open to a supporting role (Once again, for Patriot this is mostly true for his early career, less true now as he has grown).  "
It's like you said, Patriot has evolved since his first appearance, so that really detracts from the comparrison.  As far as having some similar personality traits, so what.  That's true of most of the Avengers, so why would it be a problem here.   Besides Power Man hasn't even had many appearances, his personality hasn't even had a chance to fully develop.
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Osiris1428
@Green Skin said:
" @HaHaManHV said:
" @Osiris1428: @Green Skin: @Osiris1428:  I would say that they are too similar because they are both headstrong and have issues with their legacy (At least Patriot did originally). They may fight differently and have different powers, but they both think that they should be leading the charge are not always open to a supporting role (Once again, for Patriot this is mostly true for his early career, less true now as he has grown).  "
It's like you said, Patriot has evolved since his first appearance, so that really detracts from the comparrison.  As far as having some similar personality traits, so what.  That's true of most of the Avengers, so why would it be a problem here.   Besides Power Man hasn't even had many appearances, his personality hasn't even had a chance to fully develop. "
Yeah, because I really hope that this isn't his fully fleshed out personality. The way Venti writes Powerman, I don't know if he wants us to like PM or hate him.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

yea i think it would be totally cool to have him on the team

Augustus Freeman VI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HaHaManHV said:

" @Osiris1428:  @Green Skin:  @Osiris1428:  I would say that they are too similar because they are both headstrong and have issues with their legacy (At least Patriot did originally). They may fight differently and have different powers, but they both think that they should be leading the charge are not always open to a supporting role (Once again, for Patriot this is mostly true for his early career, less true now as he has grown).  "

I would actually like to see patriot and pm butt heads but I guess that doesn't matter since he's teaming up with iron fist
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osiris1428
@Augustus Freeman VI: If they really wanted to keep him around they wouldn't write him as an unlovable and forgettable douche. He comes off as unfriendly to the reader, to me. If they brought him to Avengers Academy, Iron Fist could continue his teaching there.
Augustus Freeman VI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Osiris1428:
He comes off more cocky as a self defense mechanism to me but he also does have his kind of douchey moments lol. He's a new character and a little rough around the edges still so hopefully after this arc he will have mellowed out some.
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Osiris1428
@Augustus Freeman VI: 

I think I own every issue with him in it so far. I want-no-NEED to see him have an EPIC UNDENIABLE WIN. And for him to grow as a character. And be written better, sheesh.
Augustus Freeman VI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally feel you. I had and still have very high hopes and I reaallyy want to like PM. I think him training under Iron Fist is going to help his character development as long as it's written right

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Kairan1979

I think it makes sense. Create a rival squad in Avengers Academy and put Alvares there. Iron Fist can take care of his training in martial arts (and I bet Steve Rogers can teach him a lesson or two about humility).

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Kairan1979 said:
" I think it makes sense. Create a rival squad in Avengers Academy and put Alvares there. Iron Fist can take care of his training in martial arts (and I bet Steve Rogers can teach him a lesson or two about humility). "
I could totally think up an awesome roster for a New Young Avengers
Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Midnight Monk

Vic's kind of an asshole to be honest lol, not in bad way just a funny way. Kid needs to show a little more humility from what I seen of him
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nova`Prime`
@Green Skin said:

"Aside from being black, the two are nothing alike. "

Yeah but there is only supposed to be one black character per comic, that's why Black Panther comics aren't more popular. Haven't we learned anything from the movie industry...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.