Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

So...PG News

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mraugen: Yes, but they keep bring back much more recently created characters without bring PG back. More importantly, stuff Kryptonian is just changing and changing, so much that she'll be left in the dust when/if she ever returns. Best case, she has to remain an Earth 2 universe Kryptonian, guaranteeing DC will continue to ghettoize her compared to the other two, or even Jon if you count him.

It's with the main DCU Kryptonian characters that her best future lies, not stuck away by herself. And to do that, she probably has to be retconned once again to being from there, not the Earth 2 universe. But that chance has probably come and gone. Too, memories fade, as does relevance. Hers is almost gone, considering DC was burying her before she went away in Flashpoint, then largely confined her to the poor selling WF title before banishing her completely to the terrible selling Earth 2 title.

Meanwhile Cyborg, a character that few people evidently buy as a solo title holder or a Justice Leaguer, continues to get multiple chances at everything that comes along, and Supergirl gets all the play that could have gone to PG, leaving nothing much for PG to do if they ever do bring her back. I mean what can they do with her, give her a GL ring? SG's already been there, (sort of). Make her a sci-fi character out and about in the wider DCU like a version of Carol Danvers, which in some respects she has been? SG's been there multiple times. A straight out superhero? SG's done that too. A comedy character? Nobody seemed to care much when her own title did that. Hell, she really is basically SG, except without all the interesting things they've done or at least tried with SG.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Flash characters they brought back Wally and now Bart. It shows having multiple characters (speedsters vs. Kryptonians) is possible and shouldn't be held back by concerns of redundancy.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

With Flash characters they brought back Wally and now Bart. It shows having multiple characters (speedsters vs. Kryptonians) is possible and shouldn't be held back by concerns of redundancy.

The problem is that DC has never treated the Flash characters that way. It's only with PG vs SG that they've decided two is one too many. And since they are essentially the same character with the same name, a condition that doesn't exist with the Flash or GL characters, they do have a bit of a point.

PG needs something to distinguish her from SG, but at this point it looks like that'll be nearly impossible to do since DC has already handed out pretty much all the goodies they have to SG already. Giving PG something that SG's already done or been would seem weak even to me.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there not two Wally West?

If they want to get rid of a character can shuffle the other Power Girl fairly easy.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

Are there not two Wally West?

If they want to get rid of a character can shuffle the other Power Girl fairly easy.

Would know, there were at least. But yeah, they will have to make a choice on which one they want to keep there too. With PG however, she's not only competing with the diversity slot version of her, but also SG. That they even created a diversity version of PG shows what they think of her. But her most important competition, the one she's been thrown over for, is the character that inspired her creation, which is why she needs to move on from that. As I said though, events have gone on without her and made that increasingly difficult.

As for Wally, while he doesn't live in much favor these days at DC either. They diversity Wally in first the TV show, (he actually turned out to be pretty good once they wrote him well on Legends, sorry to see him leave that show), then the comics shows that as well. Face it, you don't create an alternate version of a character, than ignore the original unless one of two things is going on; either the original is hugely popular and they're trying an alternate take for a while like with Iron Man, or they have no faith in the original.

And considering that ever since SG made her sort of triumphant return in the mid 2000s, PG has been kind of ignored within wider DC storylines. And since Flashpoint provided and excuse to ignore her further, they have, finally shuttering the character entirely at a point where not even her fans could justify reading her anymore with the demise of the terrible Earth 2 title.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, San Diego Comic Con is at hand, and so far no word on anything related to Power Girl or the JSA. Word on more Harley Quinn stuff, and more Batman....more just about everything else, but nothing on PG. At this point, whether they eventually being back the JSA or not, I think it's pretty obvious they've gotten rid of Power Girl in favor of Supergirl mostly, with perhaps a side of PC not-Power Girl Tanya Spears.

They given every possible role Power Girl might have had to Supergirl all ready, and even tacked Supergirl's character closer to that of Power Girl, so there's really nothing left for PG. That, and the oft stated contempt they have for PG pretty much ensures she'll never see publication again, or if she does, it will be on the level of Bwana Beast.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1107  Edited By achilles100

@achilles100: So now the DC Streaming service is going to produce a STARGIRL TV series! We've already got a Batwoman series probably replacing Arrow on the CW. We've got Titans and Doom Patrol on DC Streaming. This is pretty much the last nail in the coffin of Power Girl. Every single character in DC seems to be getting comic book solos and/or TV series or movies. Power Girl is just about the ONLY major character left out. Stargirl of course is a MUCH younger character than PG, like many if not most of those who have gotten TV/movie roles, (Stargirl, Cyborg, Booster Gold, Helena Bertenelli, etc.)

DC and WB all seem to think they are FAR more worthy of using than Power Girl. PG is even left out of Injustice 2 the comic book, and was only included as a skin with no ending in the actual game. And this is all more news from San Diego, the big place for announcements. If there's no news there, it means there are no intentions to do anything with the characters. Meanwhile...all the developments in DC are passing PG by.

Tellingly, if you go to their own site, and look up Power Girl in their who's who feature....she's not there. Scrubbed from the site, as if she never existed. They don't like her, they don't want her, and they're embarrassed that they ever created her. Yet another indication was in that horrible Worlds' Finest series with Helena Wayne, who got a created by credit. Yet Power Girl didn't.

They go much longer with this, and I'll be done forever with them.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stargirl show means JSA, and Shazam is getting a comic again after long absence.

It looks bleak, but there are signs of bringing back dormant characters.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

Stargirl show means JSA, and Shazam is getting a comic again after long absence.

It looks bleak, but there are signs of bringing back dormant characters.

I would like to believe that, but there's no mention of how much any JSA version would appear in Stargirl. IMO, probably not that much, after all, the show is called Stargirl, and she's a character who is much less powerful than a bunch of JSAers, rendering her participation moot. I'm thinking more along the lines of a JSA ala Smallville, where the team mostly shows up in flashbacks, or to get murdered. Or the Legends JSA, which included Stargirl as just about the only recognizable JSA character, plus at least one character that didn't belong in the JSA, (Vixen).

Honestly, you can't really put Power Girl in a show called Stargirl; there'd just be no reason for Stargirl to be there.

As for Shazam, he's getting a comic written by (gag) Geoff Johns.....mostly because of the upcoming movie. There is no upcoming Power Girl movie....or TV show. Outside of Harley Quinn stuff, she doesn't exist anymore.

Sad to say that even if the character makes a comeback in some form, it will never be even close to a D list character, much less a B or C lister, or the A lister she could become. DC and WB just hate her that much. Likely due in part at least to the influence of Geoff Johns.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I see a lot of signs all around DC since Rebirth that things are possible and Doomsday Clock and recent announcements give me hope despite dark times.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

I guess I see a lot of signs all around DC since Rebirth that things are possible and Doomsday Clock and recent announcements give me hope despite dark times.

I guess I'm a pessimist, having been a PG fan for a while, and seeing endless missed opportunities, broken promises, and just plain no use of the character at all.

For what it's worth, they had a DC Nation panel at SD today, and AFAIK, Power Girl came up twice, both times mentioned by Amanda Connor, rather than being the subject of a fan question. One fan wanted to know if they could have a team with Starfire, Wonder Woman, and Harley. Connor replied she'd like that, and add Power Girl to the mix. Connor also later suggested she's like to see a Power Girl/She Hulk comic. Which obviously isn't going to happen, though it has great potential.

And I'd love to see Power Girl stay away from Harley....for ever.

But to the extent that PG has a role these days; it's as Harley's straight woman/sidekick. Which is sad, and a waste, but I don't see them doing anything else with the character, at least they've given no hint of it.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

I guess I'm a pessimist, having been a PG fan for a while, and seeing endless missed opportunities, broken promises, and just plain no use of the character at all.

For what it's worth, they had a DC Nation panel at SD today, and AFAIK, Power Girl came up twice, both times mentioned by Amanda Connor, rather than being the subject of a fan question. One fan wanted to know if they could have a team with Starfire, Wonder Woman, and Harley. Connor replied she'd like that, and add Power Girl to the mix. Connor also later suggested she's like to see a Power Girl/She Hulk comic. Which obviously isn't going to happen, though it has great potential.

And I'd love to see Power Girl stay away from Harley....for ever.

But to the extent that PG has a role these days; it's as Harley's straight woman/sidekick. Which is sad, and a waste, but I don't see them doing anything else with the character, at least they've given no hint of it.

I get it. It stinks to love a character that gets little love.

I would buy a Starfire/Wonder Woman/Power Girl comic for the record.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen: I'd probably buy that too, but from the sound of things, it was just a fan suggestion that Connor liked, and I'm not sure she has the sort of pull at DC to get things done. Plus....the fan did include Harley.

Myself, I'd rather see an ongoing Wonder Woman/Power Girl title where they faced both sci-fi and fantasy type problems, a relationship building kind of thing. Those two have rarely been shown together, and in one of the last instances of that sort, Diana mentioned how she didn't really know PG, and how PG made her and pretty much everyone else in the superhero community nervous, since they never knew which way she'd go. That would be an interesting theme to explore as they get to know one another, (and conversely, we know PG views Diana as a bit too perfect, the sort she kind of wants to punch in the face just to see what would happen).

Alas, if such a thing ever happened, it would happen with Supergirl, not Power Girl, since that's who DC pushes. PG suffers from a lack of patrons with power at DC. Johns doesn't like her. Didio probably doesn't care one way or the other, and Lee is probably the same. Connor and perhaps Palmiotti seem to like her, but again I have questions as to their real power to make things happen.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, in actual news, there is none. Friday and Saturday at San Diego Comic Con have passed with no mention at all of anything either Power Girl or JSA related. This is of course the big convention of the year, and where you'd expect they'd make any announcement of JSA or PG related items. There remains Sunday, but the big announcements would have been made today.

mouser066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checking in here for new PG stuff in light of SDCC....ouch

I expected at least a figure announcement or something. Wishful thinking, but an Amanda Connor PG figure would be nice

Well, I'd rather have nothing than a repeat of the Huntress/PG World's Finest run I guess :\

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checking in here for new PG stuff in light of SDCC....ouch

I expected at least a figure announcement or something. Wishful thinking, but an Amanda Connor PG figure would be nice

Well, I'd rather have nothing than a repeat of the Huntress/PG World's Finest run I guess :\

Yeah, nada about Power Girl at San Diego. Probably means they have no plans at all for her, at least in the next five years, and probably until all the top brass is fired, (and not so they can get production jobs like Johns). I think it's safe to say Power Girl is done, probably forever, but at least for a decade or so, with Spears taking her place.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100: So now San Diego Comic Con is over, with nothing mentioned about either PG or the JSA. This was the big one for the year, so you'd have to assume that any big announcement about them would have happened here. Instead, it seems like Power Girl is doomed to be the occasional sidekick to Harley Quinn and the JSA probably won't happen. Nor will PG in any form that fans like or care about. Basically, those characters are dead as long as the current staff at DC is in power.

And there may well be no viable way to bring back Power Girl in such a way that she's no longer in Supergirl's shadow. Supergirl has taken elements of Power Girl's personality, they've taken to calling Power Girl Karen rather than Kara because SG took precedence for the name, and SG has basically done every type of thing that could have been PG's niche. Now, even if they changed her relationship to Superman and made her from the main DCU Earth, she'd be a character without a role, because Supergirl and Superman have already done it all.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now the October solicits are out, with only a brief mention of Power Girl. If you're interested, and I'm not, since I hate Harley Quinn and her pairing with Power Girl, it's in that Old Lady Harley thing, wherein I expect they try to rip off both Old Man Logan and Deadpool and likely fail miserably. But the mention is of her maybe seeking the help of "President Power Girl".

Aside from that, nothing about Power Girl or the JSA.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evidently, October brings to a close the Rebirth storyline, at least with respect to Green Lantern. Which means there will be no JSA or Power Girl Rebirth. If anything ever happens with them, and from Comic Con it seems a very long way off if ever, it will be in that Doomsday Clock thing they don't seem to care very much about, and is at heart a Superman story anyway, which will relegate all the other character apart from Superman and Dr. Manhattan to sideshow status.

But then as I've said, by this point, there's nothing really left for Power Girl to do, no real role for her to play, Superman and especially Supergirl have taken basically everything she could have done already. And any attempt to replay the Palmiotti/Gray/Connor series would basically sink her for good. Pairing her with Harley is already doing that.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Someday we'll welcome her back...

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, word is WB and DC are planning a Supergirl movie.....sigh. That seems to be a rumor as of now, but I personally believe it. Not a Power Girl movie, which would give them a lot more freedom to go in any direction that want, but a SG movie. Typical.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that a SG movie, if true, would basically be the last nail in the coffin of PG as a character; showing exactly what DC feels about her, no confidence. It would mean that her chances of appearing in any media other than perhaps a videogame or so would be nil. And it likely means that any chance she has of new comic book appearances would be gone as well, save perhaps the occasional role as Harley Quinn's out of continuity sidekick. There have already been so many signals to that effect.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, the November solicits have come out with no mention at all of either Power Girl or the JSA.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a look at DC's own site, and they have a character list. Power Girl is missing from it, while dozens of lesser characters are up there. Shows you what DC thinks of her.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was hoping something about her in Deathstroke would be followed up on by now.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen: Probably be middle or end of next year before anything is announced or previewed about JSA, but even then its not certain Power Girl will be part of it.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, there's the NYCC in early October, there might be something about JSA, but PG might not be in it. CBR published a list of 12 most important Kryptonians---with the dog, Nightwing and Flamebird, Eradicator, Doomsday, Connor and Jon, two half Kryptonian characters, and SG....but no PG. To be fair, they caught a lot of flack on the comments for that, but it shows how people think about the character....by now, she's vanished from even fan minds, and with both WB and DC not evidently liking the character....that's pretty much a death sentence.

Of course, all she needs is a patron at DC and or WB with some power to make things happen for her...

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the December solicits have come in with no mention of the JSA or PG. It seems that Doomsday Clock is a two-year story arc, and they aren't even close to introducing the JSA, so I expect that will take it close to the end of next year. In any event, no JSA or PG this year.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1129  Edited By achilles100

Well, it isn't strictly speaking Power Girl news, but at least the Doomsday Clock storyline seems to finally be moving on, (DC, decompression is NOT your friend). Manhattan finally shows up, it's revealed that he killed Alan Scott to prevent him from becoming GL by moving the lantern a few inches out of his reach in the train crash---he doesn't like the JSA for some reason. The stage is set for the Superman/Manhattan showdown that nobody really cares about anymore, if they ever did. And probably a number of issues more of decompression regarding the JSA storyline...obviously, Alan at some point it going to be reconnected with his lantern at the proper moment....and the JSA will likely play no part in defeating Manhattan, because this is DC after all, and living up to audience expectations dies in the face of setting up Superman for yet another pointless fight that will do little or nothing for him one way or the other.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly, it looks like DC has completely abandoned Power Girl as a character, you can no longer search their site (for their characters), and find any reference to her. Pandora, sure, all sorts of other lesser characters, sure. Supergirl, sure. Krypto, sure. Power Girl....no results found. Which speaks to me they have plans to eliminate the character altogether, even including Tanya Spears in addition to the original PG.

When they do reboot the JSA, probably in 2020 at this point, it will be without PG, and with Johns' Stargirl taking her role, very likely. Evidently not only does Kara not have a patron at DC, she has people in power who actively hate her, (like Johns).

mouser066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checking in for any new PG news. Short of people like Palmiotti/Connor bringing her back, looks like PG is dead.

Well, I'll pop in bi-annually for news I guess :\

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checking in for any new PG news. Short of people like Palmiotti/Connor bringing her back, looks like PG is dead.

Well, I'll pop in bi-annually for news I guess :\

Yeah, sorry there isn't anything to tell you, but there hasn't been a PG appearance beyond Harley Quinn stuff in many months, and no news. Well, a few of the JSA members seem to be getting mentions in Doomsday Clock, but PG isn't one of them, and some have been cast for that Stargirl TV series on the DC streaming service, but again, not PG. She's obviously never going to be on the CW shows, will never be in the movies, and doesn't look to have anything happening in animation. Now, with her Who's Who entry on DC's own website, it doesn't look good for the comics.

Nevertheless, I will post any news I see regarding PG herself as soon as I see it.

mouser066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks achilles, kinda bummed, but I also dislike the CW Supergirl show quite a bit, so guess I'm thinking I'd rather have no PG than a ruined PG.

Anyway, thanks again for keeping your eyes peeled for PG; I don't really collect comics anymore short of PG backissues, so threads like this are really helpful :)

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there is just a very, very tiny bit of PG news, and it's...confusing. PG appears on the cover to Heroes in Crisis #6, in a flashback homage to COIE, among a small group of heroes who appear to be flying in space, (with the main figure being Wally West's Kid Flash). This despite not officially existing AFAIK in the DCU at the moment. Confusing continuity, but you have to wonder why, out of all the heroes they could use to depict the trauma Wally felt at losing Barry...they chose a hero who no longer really exists in the DCU, and never really did in this timeline.

mouser066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1135  Edited By mouser066

lol, it's something I guess

A bit off topic, but been hearing lately the only thing people really like from the Captain Marvel movie is her cat...maybe I've been watching too many Infinity War illuminati conspiracy videos, but it looks to me like the MCU stole PG's cat, Stinky :P

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strictly speaking not Power Girl news, but I suppose it's progress. DC released the inked version of the cover to Doomsday Clock #10, probably as a sop to fans getting upset by all the delays on that title, and it's an homage cover for the first JSA book way back in All-Star Comics. The classic Golden Age JSAers are all there, but of course PG isn't. Weirdly though, she's been appearing in the background of covers, mostly Heroes in Crisis, stories she isn't in.

But Doomsday Clock is where the JSA is getting put back, which means it's likely where PG will reappear, assuming she ever does.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, there's a nice new Power Girl statue of her in flight by Ivan Reis concept art. Nice! But, (and the price is about $100 or more), why put something like that out for a character who has been in limbo for years, and who DC doesn't seem set to use anytime soon?

Power Girl statue

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I haven't been around. No news. I did pre order that statue and I've actually been commissioning artists to draw Power Girl for me. I figured money I save on not buying the comics can support her and artist in that way.

No Caption Provided

This is one I had done by Sunny Lee. Excellent work and only way for me to get PG fix.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen: Again, seriously sweet! I've never commissioned anything, so I'm a bit jealous.

Meanwhile, it seems as if DC has almost given up on the Johns written Doomsday Clock series that was supposed to reintroduce at least the Golden Age JSA--whether or not it was set to do so for modern add-on PG; as it's again been delayed---for about the fifth time with that single issue. Which might be for the best, as I don't trust Johns to do well by PG, who he's never gotten right and has admitted to not liking her. Fine, no one says he has to, but maybe he shouldn't write a character he once admitted that he didn't understand or like.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100: Thank you. Power Girl actually is big in art and commission circles. She is easily top ten DC female characters you see. Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn are tops, but after that Power Girl competes with any other DC lady base don volume I've seen.

Here's another one I had done. Sometimes mix it up out of costume, she's working out to be ready to return to comics.

No Caption Provided

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen: I'ms surprised by that, I thought that when she had spent a few years not being published, people would forget about her. Nice pic btw!

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DC missed being ahead of the curve with her. Woman with muscles and confidence have come far more into favor in recent years. Power Girl easily could be the poster child of that model of design being proud of your build.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

I think DC missed being ahead of the curve with her. Woman with muscles and confidence have come far more into favor in recent years. Power Girl easily could be the poster child of that model of design being proud of your build.

Exactly, she could have been the poster character for that movement. Instead, they ceded the ground to Marvel with Captain Marvel, a character similar in certain respects to PG. And she'd have made a more compelling case than Supergirl, as PG was born as a feminist, confident character.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:
    No Caption Provided

not quite sure what he means here, is he offering to use mer more (at all)? does he want to make her more important in the DCU, (she was, but is less important than film freak these days)? He had his chance to do the latter, and pairing her with Harley Quinn does her no favors. And every week it seems that the comic book she might return in, doomsday clock 10, is delayed for another week or month. and it will be written by a guy who famously said he didn't like her or understand her. meanwhile, DC is doing all sorts of things with superman family, which no longer seems to include her, to the extent that it ever did. And Supergirl is getting the stories PG could and should be getting. There should be room for both, but DC seems to have bet only on SG.

ComicLover9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1148  Edited By ComicLover9

I think Jimmy was/is trying to push for a new power girl series but DC is too delusional to realise the potential of PG right now looks like they are focused on super girl at this point PG is RIP.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jimmy was/is trying to push for a new power girl series but DC is too delusional to realise the potential of PG right now looks like they are focused on super girl at this point PG is RIP.

if he is, im of two minds. his run was one of the reasons the PG series tanked, losing readers on a record pace. And he wrote her as a one note character with little to no connection or importance to the wider DCU. It was only when winick started his run that things picked up marginally, but he was handicaped by needing to cross over with Generation lost. And yeah, theyre really going only with SG, ignoring that both can be used. Just retcon PG into belonging to the main DCU and being Superman's older sister, rather than his cousin. Easily done by being off world during the destruction of Krypton, and/or being trapped near the event horizon of a black hole, thus slowing or stopping her aging, or some sort of statis.

Right now is the perfect time to launch a PG solo though, to capitalize on the SG tv show, Captain Marvel the movie, Wonder Woman one and two, and Black Widow among others.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If no one else wants to write her, I'm not going to be choosy. Jim and Amanda are only people at DC that have affection for PG. Can argue about writing quality, but now going on years of no PG news in comics.

In terms of sales I wouldn't expect much, the whole industry is struggling. Captain Marvel has a massive hit movie make a billion dollars and can't sell 50,000 comics in a month. Supergirl is at 20,000 right now despite the television series and major marketing pushes. The comics are just vehicle to market these characters to sell movies and merchandise. Power Girl can move merchandise, there is a fan base there that can support a niche character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.