Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1722 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

PG is more cheesecake than ever

• 178 results
    PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@lykopis said:

@PowerGirlFan:

You are unable to comprehend other people's posts, and also your own. It's like you're arguing with yourself and we are just witnesses to your babbling.

I like you. You're funny.

Yes I am unable to comprehend other people's posts when they don't make any logical sense. In such cases I may as well be arguing with myself. Conversely, to someone who doesn't understand logic, my posts would seem like babbling.

@fodigg said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

That's what I have been doing. As I understand it, your argument amounts to:

1. PG's costume is too sexualized because it draws attention to her boobs.
    2. This objectifies the character.

That's where you completely fail to comprehend my position. Or you're ignoring it and setting up a strawman. You are incorrectly equating sexuality with objectification.

No, I'm not. I thought that you were. Since your comments are logically incoherent, it's hard to tell what you mean, if you do mean anything.

If you are not complaining about the boob window because it objectifiies PG, then why do you keep mentioning objectification at all and what is the reason you do object to the boob window?

@lykopis said:

Your patience is amazing. Hats off to you.

It's pretty much run out. I don't really want to waste a full month on trying to talk sense into him. I've more than made my position clear to anyone who actually wants to understand it.

You don't talk sense. You haven't made anything clear.

This is a conceited and irrational attitude. The fact that you don't follow somebody else's argument does not mean it is wrong. Arguments start precisely because two people don't view things the same and therefore don't see the logic in each other's arguments (if they are logical). Therefore it is irrational to simply dismiss the other person's argument as being illogical and your own as clearly correct. It's only clear to you, and possibly only because you aren't thinking clearly yourself.

@lykopis said:

@fodigg: That you have. Very clear.

No, you just always had the same opinion as him.

.@sethysquare said:

@lykopis said:

some people in this thread are just so ridiculous. lol. ignore them.

I started this thread.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By lykopis

@PowerGirlFan:

ZOMG --- You are back to play! What fun!

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@lykopis:

I get a headache just thinking down to your level.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By lykopis

@PowerGirlFan:

But its fun. Like you.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#155  Edited By x_29

I could go for some cheesecake.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#156  Edited By wildvine

@x_29 said:

I brought popcorn.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@wildvine said:

@x_29 said:

I brought popcorn.

Good I have soda.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By x_29

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@wildvine said:

@x_29 said:

I brought popcorn.

Good I have soda.

I have some stolen halloween candy.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@x_29: I love those, they always taste like cruelty.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By x_29

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@x_29: I love those, they always taste like cruelty.

and tears.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Kyle_Dornez

Sweet Zombie Jesus this thread is long... I think I'll better go read how PG impregnated alien Sean Connery and his entire planet with powerful Pregno-Ray now...

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@Kyle_Dornez said:

Sweet Zombie Jesus this thread is long... I think I'll better go read how PG impregnated alien Sean Connery and his entire planet with powerful Pregno-Ray now...

What can I say? Some PG fans can't handle boobs.

Hey, that's classic Gray/Palmiotti/Conner right there!

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Press Oblivion

@PowerGirlFan said:

@eippihrellik: @eippihrellik said:

@PowerGirlFan: i do miss the boob window but i could really care less about PG new frivolous sexuality in fact i like it why does her being more sexual make her less respectable when she's saving the world i don't think anyone would care about the way she conducts her personal life

My point was that people scream about PG's boob-size and window stopping her from being taken seriously as a superheroine character and yet there is total silence here about her relating to every pretty male she goes near as a penis to jump onto at the first opportunity.

People complained about too many boob jokes but who now is complaining about constant, cheesy sex jokes? People complained about the boobs/window "sexualizing" her (which they do not) yet don't complain that she is having non-stop sex with every pretty male she meets and continually talking about it..

Aside from that, yes I do object to PG behaving that way. Not being sexual or frivolously sexual, but being so open and crude about it. I don't want a constant stream of sexual innuendos while PG is saving the world. It's not funny and it wastes panel and dialogue space. It's also too unlike the type of character PG originally was.

The way you're feeling about this is exactly how I felt when Dan Slot turned She-Hulk into a slut when he was writing her book a few years ago. I'm not against promiscuity or promiscuous characters but figures like Power Girl and She-Hulk aren't that type of personality and if that's the direction that they want to go they should develop new material for different characters and run with it that way.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@Press Oblivion said:

The way you're feeling about this is exactly how I felt when Dan Slot turned She-Hulk into a slut when he was writing her book a few years ago. I'm not against promiscuity or promiscuous characters but figures like Power Girl and She-Hulk aren't that type of personality and if that's the direction that they want to go they should develop new material for different characters and run with it that way.

I wouldn't mind if PG was flirtatious and promiscuous if it were done in a more subtle and more erotic manner and with some charm. PG has been through a few phases in persona change in her career so it's not so much the change in persona as how awful, crude and cheesy it is. Being flirtatious and sexual need not men altering the basic style of her character but in this series she is at one time giggling like a dizzy schoolgirl and another time casually tossing crude innuendos to her prospects.

Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a bit weird how many people get butthurt about Power Girl's boob window when there are heroines with far more revealing cleavages: Emma Frost, Black Cat, Starfire etc. I never would've bothered to read all issues from Palmiotti, Gray and Connor if it was all about fan service. Her costume was unique (espcially dug the half-shoulder-pad-cape-thingy), and hell, if Wonder Woman can get away with wearing star spangled panties, then what's to stop PG from having her windows? Fan service is bound to pop up in comics, wheterh the plots're good or not. It's not like the vast majority of male superheros don't look like grade AAA mawhores.

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By ChillinNKillin

@PowerGirlFan:

Yo I agree with everything you've said; I loved the previous costume, and even more so the PG that wore (not this NEw 52 version that pales in comparison).

Everyone that's complaining are hypocrites seeing as they hate on PG's window but not Wonder Woman's, Starfire's and Catwoman's stripper outfits.

No Caption Provided

I think this would've been beasty re-design, though I would like that they bring back the previous one.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@ChillinVillain said:

@PowerGirlFan:

Yo I agree with everything you've said; I loved the previous costume, and even more so the PG that wore (not this NEw 52 version that pales in comparison)Everyone that's complaining are hypocrites seeing as they hate on PG's window but not Wonder Woman's, Starfire's and Catwoman's stripper outfits.

I can't believe your read everything I said in this thread. I happy somebody did.

I think this would've been beasty re-design, though I would like that they bring back the previous one.

The previous one please. Give the redesign back to Paul Stanley.

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By ChillinNKillin

@PowerGirlFan: Yo look what I found lol.

No Caption Provided

This basically proves that every one who doesn't hate/criticize Wonder Woman's outfit are being hypocrites haha

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By sunhawk
    No Caption Provided

and PG is the one with the problem cosutme

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@ChillinVillain said:

@PowerGirlFan: Yo look what I found lol.

This basically proves that every one who doesn't hate/criticize Wonder Woman's outfit are being hypocrites haha

LOL They don't sell PG's costume for strippers?

The irony is that it comes mostly from PG fans. Obviously the boob window didn't stop them from liking her.

Hence my theory is that the single PG out because, unlike other characters with big boobs and skimpy costumes, PG has been marginalized in the DCU, mostly appearing in team titles and guesting in other characters' titles and not very well written or drawn when she does have her own title, which she had for only three years out of the 35 years since she first appeared, and 30 years into that. Now, she doesn't even rate highly in the DCnU, judging by the laughable writers and artists she currently has assigned to her.

So these fans blame it all on the boob window. Not the editors and the writers and artists they put onto her.

Strangely these fans blame the boob window for PG's low appeal and that the same time claim that it is there to increase appeal to males readers. Apparently it's not working then!

Raitei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerGirlFan

I couldn't have agreed more to whatever you've posted in... Absolutely loved PG in the her iconic costume; doesn't do enough justice to say that the new one sucks...

As far as haters are concerned, all I can say is... it's pointless talking to stupid people coz they get you down to their level and then beat you by experience... but all I'm all in with your thoughts on the costume though...

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still debating whether a scene of her bending over in a comic, if you catch my drift, would be good or bad for character development.

Then again, what character development? She stopped being interesting and/or unique 4 years ago.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still debating whether a scene of her bending over in a comic, if you catch my drift, would be good or bad for character development.

Then again, what character development? She stopped being interesting and/or unique 4 years ago.

More like 2 years. Her fan and critically acclaimed solo series ran from 2009-2011.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@powergirlfan: I complain about it. She is my favorite superhero, and I am not to happy about the new Peegee.

Avatar image for superlightning123
    Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's cheesecake?..

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's cheesecake?..

It's a delicious confection made with cream cheese...

Or...pictures of women emphasizing their boobs, butts, whatever.

Like this issue of Harley Quinn where Power Girl observes casually that she's gotten shot in "my boob".

But, for you window fans, sorry to say it may not be long for the world. She appears to be covering the window with the "S" shield in January in World's End...at least on one cover.

It actually looks pretty good, much better than that horrid "P" logo they stuck her with for a while.

Avatar image for superlightning123
    Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.