Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1722 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

New Earth 2 Series?

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

February's issue is the final issue of the only comic book with PG currently appearing in it, but the interview done a couple of weeks ago didn't make it sound like the title was going to be over soon. Is that a relaunch in the offing?

It'd be good from a couple of standpoints. A new number one issue might boost dismal sales. And if it's done in such a way as to clear the slate of the horrible stuff done in the nu52, it might help the quality of the title. What would you all like to see from this title, and from PG?

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like the Pandora Casket has already cleared the slate. Maybe something good can happen now.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like the Pandora Casket has already cleared the slate. Maybe something good can happen now.

Hopefully, but what specifically would you want to see?

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powergirlfan said:

Just good writing and good art and more PG. It's not for me to predict the story lines. I just wish the Pandora Casket had rebooted PG's body back to what it used to be.

What do you want to see?

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100 said:
    @powergirlfan said:

Just good writing and good art and more PG. It's not for me to predict the story lines. I just wish the Pandora Casket had rebooted PG's body back to what it used to be.

What do you want to see?

Well, that. Also, I'd like to see the JSA as more of a team, and rebooted back to something similar to what it was during the Goyer to Johns runs. An older Jay and Alan, Ted Grant, Hawkman, (yeah I know that's not going to happen because he was stolen for the regular DCU), Kent as Dr. Fate, non gay Alan who has Obie and Jade as kids, Stargirl, (yeah, again). A confident and experienced PG, one who's capable of being a major player in the DCU. A retro vibe. Far less gloom and doom.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@achilles100 said:
    @powergirlfan said:
    @achilles100 said:
    @powergirlfan said:

What do you want to see?

Well, that. Also, I'd like to see the JSA as more of a team, and rebooted back to something similar to what it was during the Goyer to Johns runs. An older Jay and Alan, Ted Grant, Hawkman, (yeah I know that's not going to happen because he was stolen for the regular DCU), Kent as Dr. Fate, non gay Alan who has Obie and Jade as kids, Stargirl, (yeah, again). A confident and experienced PG, one who's capable of being a major player in the DCU. A retro vibe. Far less gloom and doom.

I don't think the old JSA is coming back. You have a Hawkgirl. I thought Ted was with them?

Maybe gay Alan can adopt kids and they can all travel to the past so they become older in present time.

Another thing I want is that annoying, big "S" taken off of PG's costume. Again, they should change her Barbie doll figure back to the strong, curvy busty one. I want more girl power in Power Girl.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100: And it's been pointed out that the thing with the old Jay helmet and the thing with Johnny is still going, so...there might be a return of the classic JSA after all? Two versions at once? That doesn't work for me, I'd prefer they just wind down the current series Earth 2, end it on some happy note and then bring back a classic JSA however they intended to, with of course the must haves, Alan, Jay, Kara, Ted Grant, Kent, Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl, Micheal Holt, either Rex of Rick, Doc Midnite, (either version), a Sandman, (either version), and Stargirl.

That'd be my hope...with a provisio that wherever the JSA is based, they can crossover with the JLA at least once per year.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ScouterV

@achilles100 said:
    @powergirlfan said:
    @achilles100 said:
    @powergirlfan said:

What do you want to see?

I don't think the old JSA is coming back. You have a Hawkgirl. I thought Ted was with them?

Maybe gay Alan can adopt kids and they can all travel to the past so they become older in present time.

Another thing I want is that annoying, big "S" taken off of PG's costume. Again, they should change her Barbie doll figure back to the strong, curvy busty one. I want more girl power in Power Girl.

From what I understand, the JSA will be returning, but not on Earth-2 which is fine for me. I like the JSA, but the Wonders have grown on me. And you're right in that Ted is at least, a member of Earth-2s protectors, along with Hourman, Red Arrow II, Batman, possibly Huntress, and from the look of things, a new Robin. I think he lacks a code name, but has been considering one.

Honestly though, if they're going to bring back the old JSA, it'd make no sense to make the Earth-2 versions into the old squad anyway. And for what it's worth, I think the asthetic of "gloom and doom" kind of fits. Especially since apparently Rebirth brought "hope" and "light" to every other book in the DC line-up, according to most critics and readers. A book where the heroes tend to trade wins and losses is pretty interesting because it's not something we get to see often.

Personally, I'd like to see some of the characters that would be considered support or non-existent in the regular DCU appear more on Earth-2. A new Ragman or The Question, would be cool to see. Possibly even a couple of spin-offs. While Earth-2 has a team, it lacks that team feeling. Might be interesting to see one of them say "Hey, I really think we need to make this whole Wonders thing official somehow." A team consisting of:

• Power Girl
    • Huntress
    • Fury
    • The Flash
    • Green Lantern
    • Hawkgirl (Kendra)
    • Red Tornado

Could be pretty awesome to see.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By achilles100

If I had to put an all female team, I'd put Power Girl as leader and power type, Zatanna as the magic character, Huntress and Black Canary as street characters, Lady Quark as the energy type, Maxima as the mind reading type super strong flying type Stealth, as well stealth, Batgirl as the detective, Jesse Quick as the speedster. (along with PG). Miss Martian as the shapshifter, superstrong type, Raven as the empathy type who can send people wherever. Starfire for comic blasts. Mary Mavel. Saturn girl. And Supergirl to round things out

Pretty powerful team

Power Girl

Supergirl

Raven

Starfire

Maxima

Zatanna

Batgirl

Jesse Quick

Saturn Girl

Miss Martian

Raven

Black Canary

White Canary

Spoiler

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to put an all female team, I'd put Power Girl as leader and power type, Zatanna as the magic character, Huntress and Black Canary as street characters, Lady Quark as the energy type, Maxima as the mind reading type super strong flying type Stealth, as well stealth, Batgirl as the detective, Jesse Quick as the speedster. (along with PG). Miss Martian as the shapshifter, superstrong type, Raven as the empathy type who can send people wherever. Starfire for comic blasts. Mary Mavel. Saturn girl. And Supergirl to round things out

Pretty powerful team

Power Girl

Supergirl

Raven

Starfire

Maxima

Zatanna

Batgirl

Jesse Quick

Saturn Girl

Miss Martian

Black Canary

White Canary

Spoiler

If done right I'd buy every issue of such a team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.