Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1722 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

if she had small boobs?

• 70 results
    THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By THORSON

is power girl, power man's girl?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By BatWatch

I do a regular search for Power Girl's news articles because of BatWatch. She's in Worlds' Finest with Huntress, so there is the Bat connection for you in case you are wondering. Anyway, I saw more news articles in the past week on Power Girl because of the Boob Window's return than I have seen on her in the past several months combined. She might have been a well written character in her own series, but it is not what people talk about, so I'm going to say she would be significantly less popular with a breast reduction surgery.

@Crash_Recovery said:

Do you think anyone honestly reads her book because of that?

Read? No. Ogles? Yes.

@TeamUnitedNerds said:

@akbogert: @akbogert said:

How popular is she with big ones?

Personally, and I realize this puts me in the minority, I'm actually less interested in her because her boobs are so prominent.

I must concur with this. I hate the way she's depicted in the New 52, though. They finally gave her a practical outfit, and to compensate for the lack of sex appeal, they have her clothes rip in every issue. It defeats the point, and I want to see her in the hands of a writer who actually respects her

A heroine being treated respectfully? Is that possible? (tongue in cheek)

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By lykopis

I resent the term "boob window". I prefer "knocker gawker."

Thank you.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GWHH

Elasti-Girl had kicked the door open for women heroes to be treated as equals at DC, and with second wave feminism well under way, and a decade of sexual revolution behind them, it's no surprise that the 1970s saw more female characters than ever appearing in mainstream comics. However, Woman's Lib still wasn't taken very seriously by many writers, and several feminist characters failed to find an audience amongst the established comics audience.

http://www.comicbookgrrrl.com/2011/05/16/women-in-comics-red-sonja-and-power-girl-a-new-hope/

Nielson's survey of DC New 52 buyers was recently publishedand the results are either surprising or predictable depending on your stance. Only 5% of readers were new to comics, 2% were under 18 years old, and 93% were male – that's right, only 7% of those surveyed were female readers.

http://www.comicbookgrrrl.com/2012/02/16/women-in-comics-new-power-girl-costume-to-attract-new-readers/#more-1311

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GWHH

@PowerGirlFan said:

Her new "body image" in the new 52!! SUCKS. She look like some one mom who use to be HOT!!!

She always had MORE muscle than most of the other women in the comics. Since the start of her comic run. Plus, it looks good on her!

No Caption Provided

@GWHH said:

I come to the conclusion a long time ago for women in comics. The better you are as a hero or villain as a women. The BIGGER your boobs are. Boob size is equal to there super power strength levels. Male characters get bigger muscles. Women get bigger boobs. Very simple formula!

The only expectation to this rule is women in comics who ONLY have there brain power to get by on. They all seem to have normal size chest.

PG has big boobs and big muscles. She's an exception to your formula.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@TheHulk said:

Hulk think it better off without big boobs. That's what problem with society these days. Puny society too obsessed with sex and boobs and butts and things like that. There more to life than that, you know. I mean, Hulk remember this one time Hulk saw Iron Man trying to get Pepper to make out for the 23rd time in an hour. That Hulk's point.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By daredevil21134

She wouldn't be as interesting lol

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sunhawk

@GWHH said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

Her new "body image" in the new 52!! SUCKS. She look like some one mom who use to be HOT!!!

She always had MORE muscle than most of the other women in the comics. Since the start of her comic run. Plus, it looks good on her!

No Caption Provided

@GWHH said:

I come to the conclusion a long time ago for women in comics. The better you are as a hero or villain as a women. The BIGGER your boobs are. Boob size is equal to there super power strength levels. Male characters get bigger muscles. Women get bigger boobs. Very simple formula!

The only expectation to this rule is women in comics who ONLY have there brain power to get by on. They all seem to have normal size chest.

PG is under the effect of the Boobs of Steel trope.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoobsOfSteel

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@sunhawk said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@GWHH said:

PG is under the effect of the Boobs of Steel trope.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoobsOfSteel

PG is not a trope.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GWHH
    No Caption Provided
    sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By sunhawk

@PowerGirlFan: She is practically the Boobs of Steel trope incarnate. Also the spokesperson for Most Common Superpower, Buxom is Better and All this and Brains too.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PowerGirlFan

^ I disagree. PG's boobs are bigger than Boobs Of Steel trope's.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By GunGunW

@akbogert said:

How popular is she with big ones?

Personally, and I realize this puts me in the minority, I'm actually less interested in her because her boobs are so prominent.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By SavageDragon

@PowerGirlFan:Her costume flaunts it

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@PowerGirlFan said:

@Teerack said:

Then the kind of perverts that faps to her would have a higher ratio of anime fans! :D

@TheHulk said:

Why they even think it was good idea to give her big rack.

@joshmightbe said:

@TheHulk: To sell more comics to sad guys who don't get to touch boobs in real life

@TheHulk said:

Hulk think it better off without big boobs. That's what problem with society these days. Puny society too obsessed with sex and boobs and butts and things like that. There more to life than that, you know. I mean, Hulk remember this one time Hulk saw Iron Man trying to get Pepper to make out for the 23rd time in an hour. That Hulk's point.

Why don't I hear these kinds of comments about Catwoman and other characters with big boobs? Why is PG singled out about her boob size?

Because Catwoman has had smaller breasts at one point, and has a personality and larger roles in stories, allowing for more discussion about things other than her chest.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#66  Edited By Teerack

@TeamUnitedNerds: If the thread is about her boobs you cant blame people for talking about her "power girls" :3

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@TeamUnitedNerds said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@Teerack said:

Then the kind of perverts that faps to her would have a higher ratio of anime fans! :D

@TheHulk said:

@joshmightbe said:

@TheHulk: To sell more comics to sad guys who don't get to touch boobs in real life

@TheHulk said:

Why don't I hear these kinds of comments about Catwoman and other characters with big boobs? Why is PG singled out about her boob size?

Because Catwoman has had smaller breasts at one point, and has a personality and larger roles in stories, allowing for more discussion about things other than her chest.

So it's more okay for Catwoman to have big boobs because she was drawn with small boobs in the past? PG.has sometimes been drawn with small boobs too.

PG has a personality. We would like her to be given bigger roles. You are right - the reason for much of the talk about PG's boobs is that we are not given much else to talk about. That is easily fixed and no fault of the character - or her boobs.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Cavemold

@TheHulk said:

It was 70s:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5791500128090
    deactivated-5791500128090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The window in the front of her costume would also be smaller

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ChillinNKillin

@savagedragon: And Catwoman's, Wonder Woman's, Red Sonja's, and Starfire's costumes don't?

Hell, WW's clothes are stripper costumes in real life, yet no one hates on her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.