Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1722 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

if she had small boobs?

• 70 results
    spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spideyfan69

How popular do you think Power girl would be if she had small boobs? HONESTLY

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By akbogert

How popular is she with big ones?

Personally, and I realize this puts me in the minority, I'm actually less interested in her because her boobs are so prominent.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite

I think she'd be about as popular as she is now.

Might lose some jokes but maybe they'd give her a better costume.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I woulden't mind PG having small boobs. How small ? A cup, B cup or what ? There are alot of girls in comics with small boobs and there still cool.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PowerGirlFan

I don't care how popular she would be with small boobs. I like her with big boobs.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By LoganRogue24

@PowerGirlFan: me to iam not fond of the new 52 pg that much.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By gravitypress

I doubt she would be noticed sadly. It is her gimmick.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RDClip

@spideyfan69: How popular would Batman be if we weighed 90 pounds and was 5'4"? Or how popular would Hulk be if he was hot pink?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

Then the kind of perverts that faps to her would have a higher ratio of anime fans! :D

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheHulk

Why they even think it was good idea to give her big rack.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith

Wouldn't she just be Supergirl with a haircut?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheHulk: To sell more comics to sad guys who don't get to touch boobs in real life

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

Pg without her assets? God I don't even want to think about it....

@JonSmith said:

That's even worse than I imagined

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Martian

I would still like her.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I don't think it's the size that attracts people, but the way they're displayed. If that window hadn't been there and had a logo instead, it wouldn't have been as noticeable. A lot of heroes have a logo on their chest that reflects their name like Batman, Spider-Man, Superman etc. Maybe people naturally recognise this trend, and therefore subconciously think of her as "Boob-Girl". I heard a lot of complaints about her new costume, which has no boob window, so maybe this is true?

Only a theory though. I don't really know much about her.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gravitypress

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: It is both size and display. People can pretty up the reason but that is her selling point.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheHulk

Hulk think it better off without big boobs. That's what problem with society these days. Puny society too obsessed with sex and boobs and butts and things like that. There more to life than that, you know. I mean, Hulk remember this one time Hulk saw Iron Man trying to get Pepper to make out for the 23rd time in an hour. That Hulk's point.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gravitypress

@TheHulk: Hulk must still be a virgin. Lol

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@gravitypress said:

I doubt she would be noticed sadly. It is her gimmick.

@JonSmith said:

That's the fault of the writers. It's not a reason to make her boobs smaller. That wouldn't make her more interesting or a better character. Why do people assume that because her boobs are big she must be a poor character? Catwoman is an interesting character who also has big boobs. There is no conflict.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@Teerack said:

Then the kind of perverts that faps to her would have a higher ratio of anime fans! :D

@TheHulk said:

Why they even think it was good idea to give her big rack.

@joshmightbe said:

@TheHulk: To sell more comics to sad guys who don't get to touch boobs in real life

@TheHulk said:

Hulk think it better off without big boobs. That's what problem with society these days. Puny society too obsessed with sex and boobs and butts and things like that. There more to life than that, you know. I mean, Hulk remember this one time Hulk saw Iron Man trying to get Pepper to make out for the 23rd time in an hour. That Hulk's point.

Why don't I hear these kinds of comments about Catwoman and other characters with big boobs? Why is PG singled out about her boob size?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

@PowerGirlFan: this thread was about PG not other big boobed characters

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By akbogert

@gravitypress said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: It is both size and display. People can pretty up the reason but that is her selling point.

I think this is true. I'm a huge fan of Cloak & Dagger, and Dagger's outfit, well...

She's still pretty obscure. Because even though she's got a pretty revealing outfit, 1. her chest isn't as prominent (this is about as busty as her portrayal ever gets) and 2. it's not a topic of conversation, ever. Her boobs are a nonissue. It's entirely possible (though, perish the thought) that if a big deal were made about her body, more people would seek her out. I think Powergirl really might be selling not only on how her large chest is displayed, but on how everyone seems to be aware that it is large and on display.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@akbogert said:

@gravitypress said:

I think this is true. I'm a huge fan of Cloak & Dagger, and Dagger's outfit, well...

She's still pretty obscure. Because even though she's got a pretty revealing outfit, 1. her chest isn't as prominent (this is about as busty as her portrayal ever gets) and 2. it's not a topic of conversation, ever. Her boobs are a nonissue. It's entirely possible (though, perish the thought) that if a big deal were made about her body, more people would seek her out. I think Powergirl really might be selling not only on how her large chest is displayed, but on how everyone seems to be aware that it is large and on display.

You could be right, it's all I ever seem to hear about her.

With a lot of characters I don't read about, I at least know a bit about them from what people talk about, but I know virtually nothing about her. I know she came from Krypton in an escape pod, and that she was in the Justice Society... and that's it. I know no more about her backstory, who her villains are, what she's done. I'm not sure I even know her name.(Kara Zor-El? Or is that Supergirl?)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teerack

@PowerGirlFan: Because there isn't a thread on here titled "What if catwoman has mall boobs"

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Rumble Man

We have a dfc kryptonian and that is supergirl

we want proper fanservice, so there is powergirl

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@joshmightbesaid:

@PowerGirlFan: this thread was about PG not other big boobed characters

@Teerack said:

@PowerGirlFan: Because there isn't a thread on here titled "What if catwoman has mall boobs"

AlexDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AlexDragon

I think powergirl having big breasts and wearing a costume that highlights them is a great thing for the character. It makes her stand out, it gives people something to talk or complain about, it makes her fun for some artists to draw, and if the writers embrace it, it could lead to some interesting characterization. take those big breasts away and there's a lot less talking about or attention for Powergirl.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Teerack

@PowerGirlFan: I think the only real reason people question her more then others is is because she was originally a clone of Supergirl and Supergirl had smaller breast.

I don't see why you quoted me in the first pace though....

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@akbogert said:

@gravitypress said:

Dagger looks pretty busty in that image, though in her original appearances her boobs were average size. Many other female superheroes have costumes as revealing as that. Dagger was just never a very interesting character, so we can't blame her smaller boob size for her lack of popularity. Basically she is a mutant who throws light beams and fights drug dealers.

Not that PG was ever very popular. She didn't have her own title until 2009 and it wasn't a big seller. It's not like her boobs hypnotized all these supposed sex-deprived male comic readers into making her a big seller.

I agree that the special appeal of PG's boobs is that they are both large and on display but she is by no means the only case. Possible she is seen in that light because from Bart Sears era on there were frequent references to them by other characters.

As for PG's boobs being a frequent topic of conversation, they are brought up in forums mostly by people who make an issue out of them and this is the continuing mystery: Why do they make an issue of PG's boobs and costume but not the many other busty.and/or scantily clad female superheroes - some with much more revealing costumes? Even Wonder Woman's costume is smaller than PG's and shows more cleavage. WW's costume is a stripper favorite.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@akbogert said:

@gravitypress said:

You could be right, it's all I ever seem to hear about her.

With a lot of characters I don't read about, I at least know a bit about them from what people talk about, but I know virtually nothing about her. I know she came from Krypton in an escape pod, and that she was in the Justice Society... and that's it. I know no more about her backstory, who her villains are, what she's done. I'm not sure I even know her name.(Kara Zor-El? Or is that Supergirl?)

You probably don't hear much about PG because she has never been a highly popular character. Therefore you may be hearing about her mostly from people who don't read her comics and therefore know her only by her appearance. The fact that she has not been a popular character means that she was never given much of a background, villains, epic stories, etc. Or vice versa: She was never popular because she was not given those things. Either way, the problem is not that her boobs get in the way of people seeing how interesting PG is, she has just never had any interesting stories written for her. That's nothing to do with her boob size. If she had interesting adventures, people would still notice.

This is why I don't get why people make an issue of PG's boob size. If there is nothing interesting about her besides her boobs, that is not the fault of her boobs. Making her boobs smaller won't make her more interesting and keeping her boobs big won't stop good stories and characterizations being written for her. She could have good stories and big boobs, like Catwoman and many other busty female characters.

However, I think PG is an interesting character. There are many female superheroes who I don't read who also have big boobs. PG's persona is unique among female superheroes. She is not just a Supergirl clone. Just having the same powers as other superheroes doesn't make a character redundant.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gravitypress

@akbogert: Wow I have never seen Dagger that large chested before she looked way smaller. Dagger was at best a B cup.

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Bushwhacker_

Powergirl and small boobs?

No Caption Provided
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By akbogert

@PowerGirlFan said:

@akbogert said:

She's still pretty obscure. Because even though she's got a pretty revealing outfit, 1. her chest isn't as prominent (this is about as busty as her portrayal ever gets)

Dagger looks pretty busty in that image, though in her original appearances her boobs were average size. Many other female superheroes have costumes as revealing as that. Dagger was just never a very interesting character, so we can't blame her smaller boob size for her lack of popularity. Basically she is a mutant who throws light beams and fights drug dealers...

Either way, the problem is not that her boobs get in the way of people seeing how interesting PG is, she has just never had any interesting stories written for her. That's nothing to do with her boob size. If she had interesting adventures, people would still notice...However, I think PG is an interesting character. There are many female superheroes who I don't read who also have big boobs. PG's persona is unique among female superheroes. She is not just a Supergirl clone. Just having the same powers as other superheroes doesn't make a character redundant.

I'd just like to point out the blatant double-standard you're using here. You dismiss Dagger (directly after I say she's one of my favorite characters) by accusing her of being inherently uninteresting; then defend your favorite character's lack of appeal by saying it's not due to her inherent blandness but due to poor writing. I never actually attacked Power Girl; I said I didn't know much about her, and that most of the time when I do hear about her the boobs are involved. Please do not tear down other people's preferences simply as a means of defending your own.

@gravitypress said:

@akbogert: Wow I have never seen Dagger that large chested before she looked way smaller. Dagger was at best a B cup.

Aye, as I noted in the above quotation (underlined and bolded) that was the bustiest image I have ever seen of her. Which actually makes it a bit funny, because at least then her costume's ability to, well, stay on would make a bit more sense :)

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Matchstick

We already know the answer to that question, and it's called Supergirl. People need to leave Powergirl alone, she's got big boobs. Deal with it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Personality>Boob size 

I loved her personality before the New 52 which is why I read her albeit limited, title run.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@akbogert said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@akbogert said:

She's still pretty obscure. Because even though she's got a pretty revealing outfit, 1. her chest isn't as prominent (this is about as busty as her portrayal ever gets)

Dagger looks pretty busty in that image, though in her original appearances her boobs were average size. Many other female superheroes have costumes as revealing as that. Dagger was just never a very interesting character, so we can't blame her smaller boob size for her lack of popularity. Basically she is a mutant who throws light beams and fights drug dealers...

Either way, the problem is not that her boobs get in the way of people seeing how interesting PG is, she has just never had any interesting stories written for her. That's nothing to do with her boob size. If she had interesting adventures, people would still notice...However, I think PG is an interesting character. There are many female superheroes who I don't read who also have big boobs. PG's persona is unique among female superheroes. She is not just a Supergirl clone. Just having the same powers as other superheroes doesn't make a character redundant.

I'd just like to point out the blatant double-standard you're using here. You dismiss Dagger (directly after I say she's one of my favorite characters) by accusing her of being inherently uninteresting; then defend your favorite character's lack of appeal by saying it's not due to her inherent blandness but due to poor writing. I never actually attacked Power Girl; I said I didn't know much about her, and that most of the time when I do hear about her the boobs are involved. Please do not tear down other people's preferences simply as a means of defending your own.

Okay I was rash in saying Dagger is uninteresting. I haven't read Cloak & Dagger since soon after the title began. I just recall it being a minor hitter in the Marvel universe and I wasn't aware that it was even still continuing. I didn't interpret your post as attacking PG and nor did I intend to attack Dagger or your preference for her (though I can see why it would look that way). I was making the point that a female character is as interesting as she is written, whatever her boob size.

However, boob size and other aspects of a female character's appearance, such as her costume, are themselves legitimate parts of the way they are written or designed. And that is one reason I disagree with the people who complain that certain physical features and certain types of costumes are substitutes for bad writing. Whatever gives a character appeal, visually or literary, is a legitimate feature for a character, because entertainment is the purpose of fictional characters.

People here are implying that PG's only appealing feature is her boob size but I don't believe that is true. It is just one of her appealing features. If all she had was big boobs, I would agree that is poor characterization. If big boobs was all I wanted, I would be spending my money at strip clubs instead of on comics and getting the real thing. But I do like big boobs and I'm glad PG has them.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@Matchstick said:

We already know the answer to that question, and it's called Supergirl. People need to leave Powergirl alone, she's got big boobs. Deal with it.

LOL Very good point.

All of the objections to PG's boob size amount to just one thing: sexual hang-ups.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I would be less excited to meet her cosplayers if this ever happened. Joking aside I think she wouldn't be as popular, and like a few others have said. She would be Supergirl with a haircut.

(+)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

She's really not that popular regardless of her cup size.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Considering how catwoman has being depicted lately in the new 52 is it fair to compare the two woman bust size?

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Considering how catwoman has being depicted lately in the new 52 is it fair to compare the two woman bust size?

Why not ? They are about the same.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xtremekidx

just another DC hero.....the breast give her the power to stand out *pervert* :P

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Rumble Man

we have powergirl with a flat chest, we call her super girl

Note:

stop following the trends on the runway models

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GWHH

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Name some that have small boobs and are popular?

I woulden't mind PG having small boobs. How small ? A cup, B cup or what ? There are alot of girls in comics with small boobs and there still cool.

Why don't I hear these kinds of comments about Catwoman and other characters with big boobs? Why is PG singled out about her boob size?

GOOD POINT!!!

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@GWHH said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Name some that have small boobs and are popular?

GOOD POINT!!!

You are quoting me there but glad you agree. Nobody says "Catwoman would be okay with small boobs". Maybe so but why would you make them smaller? Nor does anybody say "Supergirl would be just as popular with big boobs".

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By fury714

There will be no POWER in POWER GIRL if she had small boobs.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GWHH

I come to the conclusion a long time ago for women in comics. The better you are as a hero or villain as a women. The BIGGER your boobs are. Boob size is equal to there super power strength levels. Male characters get bigger muscles. Women get bigger boobs. Very simple formula!

The only expectation to this rule is women in comics who ONLY have there brain power to get by on. They all seem to have normal size chest.

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WonderHunter

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@GWHH said:

I come to the conclusion a long time ago for women in comics. The better you are as a hero or villain as a women. The BIGGER your boobs are. Boob size is equal to there super power strength levels. Male characters get bigger muscles. Women get bigger boobs. Very simple formula!

The only expectation to this rule is women in comics who ONLY have there brain power to get by on. They all seem to have normal size chest.

PG has big boobs and big muscles. She's an exception to your formula.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Do you think anyone honestly reads her book because of that?

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@akbogert: @akbogert said:

How popular is she with big ones?

Personally, and I realize this puts me in the minority, I'm actually less interested in her because her boobs are so prominent.

I must concur with this. I hate the way she's depicted in the New 52, though. They finally gave her a practical outfit, and to compensate for the lack of sex appeal, they have her clothes rip in every issue. It defeats the point, and I want to see her in the hands of a writer who actually respects her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.