duo_forbidden's Power Girl #20 - Beasts of Burden review

Avatar image for duo_forbidden

"You cloned Krypto?!?!"

Synopsis: PG takes on New Cadmus.

What's good?

Poor Karen. She hadn't caught a break under Winick's writing. Don't get me wrong, Winick's serious approach to the series and making it a somewhat tie-in to Generation Lost has been great so far. This is no exception with this issue. Power Girl comes full swing when taking on Anthony Ivo and New Cadmus. What surprises me is the huge cloned version of Krypto teaming up with

That's one huge dog.
 That's one huge dog.

PG. Then comes Max Lord, the guy that continues to make Karen's life a living hell.

Sami Basri still gives Power Girl a fantastic look. Even after 8 issues, I still can't forget about Amanda Conner's work with this series, but I haven't grown tired of Basri style. It fits the kind of story Judd Winick provides with the action, and the absurd creatures New Cadmus has been experimenting with. Even the small appearance of Batman (is that Bruce? I think it is considering his tone) looks great under his pencil.

What's bad?

Nicco Cho is becoming very annoying.

A crossover issue. To find out what happens, PG fans will have to read the next issue of Generation Lost (And I had yet to really follow that series).

Overall: To buy, or not to buy? That is my debate for the next issue of Generation Lost. Regardless, this was a great issue overall.

Maxwell Lord, you devious bastard. Making me have to buy the next issue of Generation Lost.