harleyquinnhawkgirl's Power Girl #12 - The Little Things! review

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl

Wow an office party ending. YAWN!

Story
Terra wants to go swimming with Kara in her world. The waterfall is spiritual and Kara sees herself in Terra's perspective. Satanna slept with this guy Sivana so she can get this weapon that could kill Kryptonians and she gets screwed over. Terra rejoins with her family and Kara starts to miss her family. Kara returns to her regular life and Fisher calls off the deal. Galaxorg is fighting Vartox on Earh because Vartox had an affair with Galaxorg's wife or girlfriend whatever. Power Girl intervenes and stops the fight. At the end, Kara's assistant Alice is quiting and it ends with a party for Kara.
Writing: At first I thought this issue was kind of boring, but then I really liked it. I love Kara's personal life and the fight scene with Kara and the two guys was really cool. I am so glad that Satanna got what she deserved and I thought that was the perfect way to write her off.
Characters: Really my only favorite characters in this issue are Kara and her cat.

Dialogue: I love Kara's dialogue. It is funny and witty.

Art: I loved the art in this issue.

Cover: I didn't really like the cover for this issue. It was boring.
Penciling: Absolutely gorgeous.
Coloring: Simply perfect.

Favorite Pages and Why.
4- I thought it was a cool scene of Kara looking at herself from Terra's POV.
7- I loved how Satanna got screwed over in this issue.
9- I loved Power Girl's reference to her home planet.
11- I just love her cat.
16- The fight scene was awesome on this page.
22- I thought this was a good relaxed scene.

Reasons to and not to pick up.
Reasons to pick up:
The writing and story was awesome. I loved the fight scene. The art work is perfect and they show Kara's regular life perfectly in this issue.
Reasons not to pick up: I did feel like this issue did get slow at times and I feel that Terra is a little annoying.
Verdict: Pick it up!!!! 4 OUT OF 5.

Other reviews for Power Girl #12 - The Little Things!

Season Finale 0

12; it is a number that is synonymous with canceling a new comic book title. Fortunately this does not apply to Power Girls ongoing series, yet this brings little solace to the possibility that this is the last issue for the books founding members. On the flip-side, this has increased my expectations for an even bigger finish to this arc. Lets see how Palmiotti & Co. cap off their run.  Good Cast Work As the cover implies, major and minor players from past story lines are given varying amoun...

boob window gets traded in.. 0

I have been with this series from day one and my main motivation for following it has always been the creative team of Gray, Palmiotti, CONNER, and Mounts.  The writing is witty and has social relevance.  The art well what can I say that already hasn't been said about Amanda Conner.  She is a superstar!  The visual end of the book would not be complete if it wasn't for Paul Mounts.  His coloring made the visuals dance every month.  Cheers to all of you and you will be missed!    Well now my gush...