dmc's Power Girl #12 - The Little Things! review

Avatar image for dmc
  • dmc wrote this review on .
  • dmc has written a total of 18 reviews. The last one was for Justice League, Part One

Season Finale

12; it is a number that is synonymous with canceling a new comic book title. Fortunately this does not apply to Power Girls ongoing series, yet this brings little solace to the possibility that this is the last issue for the books founding members. On the flip-side, this has increased my expectations for an even bigger finish to this arc. Lets see how Palmiotti & Co. cap off their run.

Good

Cast Work

As the cover implies, major and minor players from past story lines are given varying amounts of screen time in this issue. Palmiotti/Gray use this opportunity to tie up old plot threads and make a few adjustments to the supporting cast. I was thrilled to see that one character (from issue #4) was given a second chance. If what was implied here holds true, I hope that she will become a more recurring character in the series.

Art

Mounts color work caught my eye in the early parts of this issue. He really captures the ambiance of Sivana's room and the light affects on the waterfalls were a nice touch. But boy am I going to miss Amanda Conner's art. Not only because she draws the perfect Power Girl, but I've come to appreciate the versatility of her art style, thanks to this issue.

Other

Opening Up

I'll give them credit for coming up with a creative way to explore PG's feelings that's not cheesy or forced. The visual and therapeutic elements involved in the process were pretty cool, better than just talking heads anyway. But depending on the reader, the cheesecake involved might ruin the moment.

Wrap Up

Fortunately, Power Girl #12 did not meet my grand expectations and instead delivers a more ideal end to their run by taking a step back to show the results of Power Girls efforts at a fresh start. In the end, Palmiotti & Co. deliver an issue that stays true to the type of book they've created; a big, "over the top" comic that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Hopefully the founding team will be back to continue what they started.

2 Comments

Wiki Points

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 2

Edited By Mourgos

Nicely written.  Great how you organized this review.  With me, I just let my fingers do the walking.  Good job.  I might get this.

Avatar image for doordoor123
doordoor123

3817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Edited By doordoor123

yeah i love amanda conner's art.
I think after this ill read anything she draws.

Other reviews for Power Girl #12 - The Little Things!

boob window gets traded in.. 0

I have been with this series from day one and my main motivation for following it has always been the creative team of Gray, Palmiotti, CONNER, and Mounts.  The writing is witty and has social relevance.  The art well what can I say that already hasn't been said about Amanda Conner.  She is a superstar!  The visual end of the book would not be complete if it wasn't for Paul Mounts.  His coloring made the visuals dance every month.  Cheers to all of you and you will be missed!    Well now my gush...

Wow an office party ending. YAWN! 0

Story Terra wants to go swimming with Kara in her world. The waterfall is spiritual and Kara sees herself in Terra's perspective. Satanna slept with this guy Sivana so she can get this weapon that could kill Kryptonians and she gets screwed over. Terra rejoins with her family and Kara starts to miss her family. Kara returns to her regular life and Fisher calls off the deal. Galaxorg is fighting Vartox on Earh because Vartox had an affair with Galaxorg's wife or girlfriend whatever. Power Girl in...