Follow

Pixie

Character » Pixie appears in 1751 issues.

Pixie is a fairy-winged mutant who can cause those exposed to her dust to experience hallucinations. Her powers also includes teleportation. A former X-Men student, she is now part of the Legion of X.

Pixie's character gets more confusing.....

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PYH000

From the mini series "Pixie Strikes Back", her mother and sisters have the same look and abilities and her mother have stated their family can do magic (or something like that). Wouldn't that negate Pixie being a mutant? For a while, I assumed her parents were ordinary humans if you note the whole pattern relating to X-men: parents are homo-sapiens > their offspring become homo-superiors (mutants). I feel Kathryn Immonen could be retconning the whole thing or maybe it's still early to tell so who knows?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, not at all. 
    1. she has parents. whats confusing about that
    2. Scarlet Witch has both a mutant power and magical abilities, and augments her mutant power with magic. so does Illyana.

i dont see it as confusing, and her being mystical has already been implied, as has it with Armor.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PYH000
    @CATMANEXE: I know Pixie has parents but  I had assumed they were regular human.

I know Scarlet Witch has magical powers also but for Illyana, she's a character of both worlds: mutant and demon sorceress and she's a whole different story.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@244: wouldnt it more confusing if she had both mutant and magical powers and her parents were regular humans though? like i said i think it makes it less confusing. now we know we're her powers came from.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PYH000
    @CATMANEXE: If you're talking about Illyana, here's the info about her (she was kidnapped by Belasco).
     http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/magiki.htm

As for Pixie, before she got a piece of her soul corrupted by Darkchilde (Illyana's evil side), all she could do was use pixie dust as her mutant power. To my knowledge, the pre-corrupted Pixie never had any important plots or the ilk and she was just presented as a mutant throughout New X-men 2nd series.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@244: 
    nope, im not talking about Illyana.  (and no kidding)
    sorry i dont agree with you. i like the origin, and, i repeat, i dont think nor understand how
    its confusing. im not sure what wasnt clear about that when i said it either.

you could mail Marvel and tell them you want it changed.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PYH000
    @CATMANEXE: Oh well, at least I tried....
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@244: 
    lol. hardly though. trust me theres alot of people that dont like it, so your not alone.
    everyone's entitled to there opinion. just giving you mine. you weren't clear either because you posed
    this as a question born out of confusion, whereas your actually making a statement. 

" I wanted Pixies parents to be human, I dont like the origin they have given her. " 

that your opinion and im cool with that, though when you ask the opinion of others you get theirs, and
    they wont necessarily be the same is all.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By pixelized

I mentioned something like this in this thread or maybe it was this one, don't quite remember; it's been a while.

Anyway, her father is human, unless Kat changes that.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelized: lol.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PYH000
    @CATMANEXE: Oh no, I'm aware everybody's entitled to their own opinion and I know you mean well the way you were responding to me.

" I wanted Pixies parents to be human, I dont like the origin they have given her. "

I didn't wrote it that way but I guess you've translated to what I was saying. (hmmmmm, are you the resurrected Doug Ramseys aka "Cypher"?)
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@244: 
    //HAVENT0SLIGHEST0CLUE1WHAT0GAVE0IMPRESSION1MAYBE0EXCUTABLE0INSERTED1USERNAME
    0IT0SAYS?//
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PYH000
    @CATMANEXE: So you did read issue #6 of New Mutants Necrosha. I was in a fit of a chuckle when you wrote it (lol).
    pixie_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By pixie_child

I agree that I do not like the way they re-wrote Megan's family. Her mother is shown in the 2008 Free Comic Book Day issue and she looks nothing like she does in Pixie Strikes Back. It's a little anoying.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Erik
    @pixie_child: 
    Magic.
    pixie_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pixie_child
    @erik: 
    But for what reason would she pretend to look like that   in front of her daughter and brother? They were in their kitchen.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Erik
    @pixie_child said:
    " @erik: But for what reason would she pretend to look like that   in front of her daughter and brother? They were in their kitchen. "
    Who knows. But it provides an explanation for the differences in appearance and is feasible. I never said it was a great explanation, but it is one that covers all the bases. Maybe she did it to try to give Pixie some sense of normalcy. I do not know.
    pixie_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pixie_child

@erik: 
    Ah. I get it. I'm just causing trouble. ^_~    I guess I'm being argumentitive. Sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.