Follow

Phobos

Character » Phobos appears in 93 issues.

Child of Ares and an unknown mortal woman, Alexander was a mortal boy whose godhood awoke from drinking the blood of Amatsu-Mikaboshi. He joined Nick Fury's Secret Warriors with the codename Phobos and became the new God of Fear. Later, he died at the hands of the Gorgon.

Case Files: Phobos

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

Edited By MrUnknown
    No Caption Provided

Back when we were receiving the teaser of Fear Itself, I wondered about the possibility of this event marking the return of Phobos, the God of Fear. Marvel events are not renown for bringing back characters but rather killing one, but there have been some exceptions such as Mockingbird at the end of Secret Invasion and Captain America at the end of Reborn. I thought about the possibility of Phobos working as a mastermind villain but the idea just didn’t sit right and I am glad that it didn’t happen. Still Phobos coming back and being a Scarlet Witch kind of danger would have made for a much more interesting storyline than hammers falling out of the sky.

Character Death 
    Character Death 

Another thing I would like to clear up is that I’m not a fan of characters coming back to life because usually it hurts the stories that went before it and makes them less meaningful. Captain America is perhaps the best example. Although we were later told that he didn’t actually “die” but rather was shot with a sort of magical bullet that sent him traveling through his own memories, his “death” at the end of Civil War only made the event that much more pivotal and consequential. His return later ret-conned Civil War to being just a cool concept. It’s no longer meaningful because almost everything from Captain America to Iron Man to the Registration Act were all reverse engineered. But Phobos stands outside the mortal realm whose life was cut short and there is a lot that can be done with him.

Clash of the ages
     Clash of the ages

Right when Alexander Aaron was killed by the Gorgon and the Godkiller sword, it was already alluded that he would return. Although, he was born a mortal Phobos was deemed worthy by Balder, Hera and another god and was ascended to a status of godhood. Upon completion of that ceremony, Ares told him that he felt proud of his son and Alex said that he felt great, but Ares told him that what he felt now was nothing. He said:

A Toast
     A Toast

So the question is not really if he should come back but rather of when. I think for him to come back right now, would be a bit of a waste of story and would downplay his recent demise. More importantly, with Secret Warriors currently disbanded and the series at an end, there may not be a proper place for him anymore. Currently, I think Alex should stay alongside Ares and take some time off to learn and grow (he’s only ten!) and then make a triumphant return together as father and son. 

Saved Fury twice and a pending rematch awaits
     Saved Fury twice and a pending rematch awaits
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Moved to right forum.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrUnknown
    @fesak: Cool thanks. I've trouble navigating through the forums here.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @MrUnknown said:
    Just go to the character you want to discuss and then click the forum tab to the left.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrUnknown
    @fesak said:
    @MrUnknown said:
    Just go to the character you want to discuss and then click the forum tab to the left.
    Thanks that should be better than my current situation.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RedK
    only ever read secret warriors because of him, really hope he returns. they should do some mission that involves time travel and in the future he see him on the Avengers taking up the God role instead of Thor
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrUnknown
    @RedK: Yeah it would be awesome for him to return, but I don't mind if we have to wait a few years. I think when he comes back he'd be a lot stronger so maybe he could be a little older too, maybe a teen? He's a really cool character, and I'd love to see him come back with Ares and team up with Fury again!
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By HellionVulcan

I want a god team with Ares Phobos & afew more non Thor level gods as a group for a mini or to replace secret warriors but Ares might come back a villain in Hercules current comics Herc ,so i doubt him & phobos will team or even have a father son moment sadly but i can't wait til he returns thou .

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrUnknown
    @HellionVulcan: You mean something like the God Squad? That could be cool! But I don't think Ares should be turned back into a villain. Only lately the guy had some good characterizations that I would like to see him work with some version of the Avengers again or better yet with Nick Fury!
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HellionVulcan
    @MrUnknown said:
    @HellionVulcan: You mean something like the God Squad? That could be cool! But I don't think Ares should be turned back into a villain. Only lately the guy had some good characterizations that I would like to see him work with some version of the Avengers again or better yet with Nick Fury!
    well not a god squad just a group of characters who are hardly used like Ares to shine for how great he truly is & not just used as a jobber but team name i dunno i just want it to happen .Ares might be resurrected by his son so he may be evil for a short time maybe even manipulated to do evil then later over comes it or maybe his son will help him out ...
    No Caption Provided
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrUnknown
    @HellionVulcan: I'm not sure if you realized it but Phobos is also dead currently. ;/
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HellionVulcan
    @MrUnknown said:
    @HellionVulcan: I'm not sure if you realized it but Phobos is also dead currently. ;/
    I know he died but i meant he comes back to life to save his father who is being manipulated by his other son Kyknos .
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrUnknown
    @HellionVulcan: Oh ok that could be a good story but I would like to see Ares and Phobos together most preferentially!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.