Follow

Peter J. Tomasi

Person » Peter J. Tomasi is credited in 1481 issues.

Peter J. Tomasi has been an Editor at DC Comics since 1993 overseeing numerous titles with the occasional writing job. In 2007 he transitioned into writing full time.

Interview: Peter Tomasi Talks BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Prequel Comic

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Batman: Arkham Knight from Rocksteady Studios is set for a June 2 release. We've been eagerly waiting for the game but now we can get an idea what to expect. DC Entertainment is launching a new Digital First comic for the game. The comic is a prequel story and is written by Peter Tomasi with art by Viktor Bogdanovic and Art Thibert. The first issue is available today and the second chapter is out Friday, February 27.

We spoke with Peter Tomasi to find out about the comic and what we can expect for Batman in the series.

No Caption Provided

COMIC VINE: This takes place before the Arkham Knight game but how long after Arkham City does it take place?

PETER TOMASI: The series picks up right after the last game but eventually will run parallel to the new game and continue building on the mythology that Rocksteady has so brilliantly constructed.

CV: What’s the state of Batman after everything he’s been through?

PT: Batman is in a determined state of mind to move on and get Gotham and its citizens back on their feet and build a better tomorrow even as a new darkness builds and threatens to undermine everything he’s working for.

CV: Did Rocksteady give fill you in on the story of the game or give any guidelines or restrictions?

PT: I did get several documents that laid out the game for me so we were all on the same page and didn’t trample or repeat any story beats. Understandably, some basic guidelines and very minor restrictions were put in place but I have to say they were very open, excited, and receptive to everything I threw at them and with Alex Antone leading the charge as my editor, everyone’s been a real pleasure to work with.

CV: Do you get a chance to play video games often?

PT: Yeah, my son’s got all the systems and we have a blast playing all the DC and Rocksteady games. Writing this series gives me a great excuse to tell my wife I’m doing research while zapping hours playing against my son and usually getting my ass handed to me.

No Caption Provided

CV: Nice. Is the Arkham Knight appearing in your story?

PT: Absolutely. He’ll be appearing in the first few pages. There’s a big story I’m developing for him and it grows as the series progresses, especially after the game hits and our ability to go crazy is given the green light!

CV: Is it a weird feeling writing this different version of Batman?

PT: Not as much as I thought. There are of course differences between the game world and comics world, but when all is said and done, in the end, Batman is Batman.

CV: Besides Batman, which characters are you most excited to write in this setting?

PT: All of them, actually. But I do have to say the villains are a real blast to write within the confines of the game world. There’s more latitude due to the fact that I don’t have to worry about other writers having them locked down in other Batman stories. The whole damn toybox is there for us to play with whenever we want!

BATMAN: AKRHAM KNIGHT Chapter 1 is now available for download via DC Comics app, Readdcentertainment.com,ComiXology.com, Google Play, Kindle Store, Nook Store, iBooks and iVerse ComicsPLUS. Chapter 2 is available February 27.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Can't wait until the game comes out!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By PunyParker

Read it,it's......it's good,well written,but weird, cause of the spoiler at the end.

It's a peculiar one.

especially after the game hits

Wow....that's a long series.
    Awesome.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I cannot wait to read this series. Been loving Mortal Kombat X and Injustice since they came out. Arkham Knight is sure to be another hit

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ugh, still got 3 months until this game hits :-\

Kgphil01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Kgphil01

Does any one know if this is digital only or will it be coming to print?

Edit* just found my answer looks like March 11th will be book #1 and it will contain the first 3 digital issues

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope the Arkham Knight villain isn't Joker. We've had 3 games of Joker being the main bad guy can we please do something different.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RustyRoy

Tomasi is awesome.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is gonna be a fantastic series.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope this will be a great series I trust Tomasi to make this good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.