Will your favorite superhero stand for Ozymandias had done?

#1 Edited by Afterglow (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Gee, I don't know about Batman. After giving it more consideration, I think he would've reacted like how Rorschach had. He has always been more about justice than the greater good. 

EDIT: Grammar error in the thread title, but never mind.

#2 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed...He was a beast in that movie lol. Rorschach was deff my fav guy in Watchmen. Movie had be from the Beginning. That fight scene was holy shit.

#3 Edited by PumpkinBomb (501 posts) - - Show Bio

Madrox would probably just get depressed and start drinking heavily. He doesn't handle immense ethical decisions well.

#4 Edited by Aronmorales (9735 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell No.
Hell No.

#5 Posted by Dracade102 (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man would probably cave into pressure of being the guy who ruined everything, and would remain quite like Nite Owl II.... 

#6 Edited by Afterglow (418 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb said:

" Madrox would probably just get depressed and start drinking heavily. He doesn't handle immense ethical decisions well. "

Sums the guy up in a sentence.  

@Aronmorales
said:

"

Hell No.
Hell No.
"
I agree that Cap would talk.

@Dracade102 said:

" Spider-man would probably cave into pressure of being the guy who ruined everything, and would remain quite like Nite Owl II....  "

Agreed, the 'I should have prevented it' guy.
#7 Posted by d0npierre (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would kill him ...

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit probably wouldn't have cared, lol. He'd be looting

#9 Edited by Deadcool (6944 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of my favourites Heroes, no, they would probably want to kick Ozy's ass
Some of my favourite antiheroes, no, they would try to kill Ozy after that.
But some of my favourite villains, would be agree with that, people like Lex Luthor, Mandarin, Norman Osborn, Dr Doom, Albert Wesker, etc.
Some of them have already done something like that, and it's true that was the easier way to finish with the war, but that wasn't the only way.

The Mandarin would be agree with that.
 The Mandarin would be agree with that.
#10 Posted by Deadcool (6944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
" Spider-man would probably cave into pressure of being the guy who ruined everything, and would remain quite like Nite Owl II....  "
Or punch at him in the face and call him:

IDIOT!! YOU SILLY PIECE OF SCUM!!! THAT WASNT THE ONLY WAY!

No Caption Provided
#11 Posted by Dracade102 (8452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
" @Dracade102 said:
Or punch at him in the face and call him:

IDIOT!! YOU SILLY PIECE OF SCUM!!! THAT WASNT THE ONLY WAY!

No Caption Provided
"
That's what Nite Owl II did... But he still didn't compromise Adrian's success
#12 Posted by Deadcool (6944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102:  No he did nothing, that was what Rorschach wanted to do even when he got his ass kicked twice.
#13 Posted by Loki9876 (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm what would iron man do. I think he would arrest him but not tell the truth. I think what do you guys think.

#14 Posted by Dracade102 (8452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: Wait... I think it was only in the movie, but Nite Owl II tried to beat Ozymandias senseless but Ozy didn't fight back.
#15 Posted by Deadcool (6944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
" @Deadcool: Wait... I think it was only in the movie, but Nite Owl II tried to beat Ozymandias senseless but Ozy didn't fight back. "
Nope, he didn't, all he did, is throw at Ozy a little "marble", and then Ozy blocked that and throw at him a  dish, and that was all, then he listened what Ozy did, and he said that was senseless, but that is all, he did nothing.
#16 Posted by industrious (521 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No way in hell.
#17 Posted by crackerjack82 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the pic of ol midnighter sums this up

#18 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle would kick his ass, but he might contemplate the situation first.

#19 Posted by allhailme (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you know i don't really have a favourite hero but batman is pretty up there. What would he have done , figured out his plan before hand,he already doesn't trust people,and would have figured out what ozy was doing before hand.So he would of probably stopped it,not the answer op was going for i know,but that's what i believe would happen.

#20 Posted by allhaildoom (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, I think Genis-Vell  would kill him.  But i know that the wolverine wouldn't who is one of my favorites.

#21 Posted by Afterglow (418 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876 said:
" Hmmm what would iron man do. I think he would arrest him but not tell the truth. I think what do you guys think. "
Would perhaps deal with him in his own personal way, but cover it up.
#22 Posted by Icarusflies (13288 posts) - - Show Bio
The Séance has never really been much into the political/ethical side of things. He'd probably be fine with Ozymandias.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
#23 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19151 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he would approve
 I don't think he would approve
#24 Posted by _Helix_ (95 posts) - - Show Bio

No way!
No way!
#25 Posted by Dark Noldor (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite hero is Wolverine, so sure, he would try to beat the crap out of Ozymandias boy

#26 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, couple people to pick from for me. 

Venom (Brock): 

"We're sorry. We cannot allow you to do that... too many innocents will be harmed." 

"But---BLAAAARGH!!!!" 

"Most delicious brains in the world." 

Joker: 

"That... why, that sounds like a terrific idea! I tell ya what, let's shake on it!" 

"Very well--GLZLALLGLLZLLGLLGLAAGHH!!!" 

"Hah! Well, now that he's out of the way -- oh blue balls, would you mind blowing up that city? I've got better things to do than sit around staring at your junk."
#27 Posted by industrious (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Elijah Snow would be very, very angry with Ozymandias. That being said, he'd probably appreciate the effort while deploring its uselessness. He'll have recorded down the man's scheme in the next year's Planetary Guide.

Spider Jerusalem would shoot Ozy with his disruptor and break the story in return for a huge bonus.

And Aaron Stack would leap with joy at the deaths of the inferior fleshy ones.

#28 Edited by Nerd Of A Hero (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

If Rorschach  was properly trained -- by let's say Batman, Deathstorke, or Captain America  & carried some type of weapon -- he would've wiped the floor on Ozymandias with or without NiteOwl. No, my characters won't stand for what Ozy has done, despite the fact that it was for the benefit of mankind. Ozy should've teleported that "Alien" to a remoted area where people wouldn't get killed and still ended the nuclear threat.

#29 Edited by drf4u5t (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@industrious said:

" Elijah Snow would be very, very angry with Ozymandias. That being said, he'd probably appreciate the effort while deploring its uselessness. He'll have recorded down the man's scheme in the next year's Planetary Guide.  Spider Jerusalem would shoot Ozy with his disruptor and break the story in return for a huge bonus.  And Aaron Stack would leap with joy at the deaths of the inferior fleshy ones. "  

damn beat me to it, so I'll go with my second 

pic says it all
#30 Edited by JamesWest007 (384 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
If Boston didn't stop it in time he would probably just leave and never return. But before he did he would inhabit Ozymandias body and make himself kick his butt.
#31 Edited by Wise Son (1796 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
Yup, T'Challa would probably understand it and all. BUT he definitely wouldn't see any honor in it. So, Ozzy loses his head over it.

EDIT: I actually agree with Ozzy though. 
#32 Posted by Primmaster64 (21668 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Helix_ said:
"

No way!
No way!
"
#33 Posted by devilvert (39 posts) - - Show Bio

my favorite characters the sentry! could go so many ways!

1.  i think he would be manipulated into Ozzy's scheme someone with him being crazy and all. 
2. undecided, doesn't know what's right or wrong in it
3. the void be used instead of the bombs/squid

#34 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is a toss up, He is all about eliminating evil. But at the same time he doesn't want to do evil to achieve this goal. I think Batman would argue with the method, but approve of the result.

I for one think Ozymandius was right.

#35 Posted by Kairan1979 (27536 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:
Batman disapproved when Zatanna messed with the mind of one supervillain. Batman had beaten Vigilante when he appeared in Gotham and started to kill criminals during the gang war. Do you honestly believe that Batman approves mass murder?
#36 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" @Caligula: Batman disapproved when Zatanna messed with the mind of one supervillain. Batman had beaten Vigilante when he appeared in Gotham and started to kill criminals during the gang war. Do you honestly believe that Batman approves mass murder? "
where did I say that? read it again.

I said Batman would disapprove of the methods (i.e. killing). But agree with the result (i.e. Peace). please read my posts before commenting.
#37 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

If my favorite heroes had been involved that fight at the end of watchmen would've gone much different, of course Cap would just have a seat while Hulk ripped Ozzy in half

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#38 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23389 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" Batman is a toss up, He is all about eliminating evil. But at the same time he doesn't want to do evil to achieve this goal. I think Batman would argue with the method, but approve of the result.I for one think Ozymandius was right. "
I think this is a pretty apt description of Batman's reaction. He'd be rather unhappy with Adrian, but he wouldn't try to destroy the Utopia he created by exposing the truth either.
#39 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:
" Batman is a toss up, He is all about eliminating evil. But at the same time he doesn't want to do evil to achieve this goal. I think Batman would argue with the method, but approve of the result.I for one think Ozymandius was right. "
I think this is a pretty apt description of Batman's reaction. He'd be rather unhappy with Adrian, but he wouldn't try to destroy the Utopia he created by exposing the truth either. "
exactly he'd be in middle ground. Morally he'd see it as wrong, but he'd also not be the one to return the world to chaos.
#40 Posted by Kairan1979 (27536 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:

I think this is a pretty apt description of Batman's reaction. He'd be rather unhappy with Adrian, but he wouldn't try to destroy the Utopia he created by exposing the truth either.

He'll make sure Adrian Veidt ends behind bars.
#41 Posted by Dracade102 (8452 posts) - - Show Bio
bump. Interested to see if this thread could move forward some more...
#42 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. 

#43 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking of it now, isn't Cyclops like today's Ozy? Killing a lot, but saving more?

#44 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio
Batman? Nope. Thor? Nope.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#45 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
This Guy Would Just Kill Them All 
This Guy Would Just Kill Them All 
#46 Posted by Sheep-Kill (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Sons:

Ghost Rider would drag his ass. Bike and chain.

Morbius would suck his blood dry. Nothing but bones.

Blade: Cut the lower part of his body very slowly.

#47 Edited by VinoVash1234 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think most people are considering what their superheroes will THINK. my favourite superheroes (superman, batman, thor, cap, john constantine etc etc)- will all disagree with ozy and even beat him up, BUT they will NEVER reveal the truth to the world, they would consider the effect it would have on the world (global riots, hates, disaster), and would realise that its in the best interest to keep shut and not reveal anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.