How fast is Ozymandias?

#1 Posted by GraysonIllo (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't find an answer. Can anyone just give me an example?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

He caught a bullet. That's his best speed feat. Aside from that, he beat the crap out of two street fighters (they weren't expert fighters).

That's pretty much it.

#3 Posted by GraysonIllo (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" He caught a bullet. That's his best speed feat. Aside from that, he beat the crap out of two street fighters (they weren't expert fighters).  That's pretty much it. "
That's good enough for me, thanks. I've read up on it, catching a bullet at point blank range is more superhuman some superhumans. It's cool, but I guess useless against an assult rifle.
#4 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@GraysonIllo said:
" @JediXMan said:
" He caught a bullet. That's his best speed feat. Aside from that, he beat the crap out of two street fighters (they weren't expert fighters).  That's pretty much it. "
That's good enough for me, thanks. I've read up on it, catching a bullet at point blank range is more superhuman some superhumans. It's cool, but I guess useless against an assult rifle. "
Yeah. He caught a single bullet. He probably couldn't catch multiple bullets.
#5 Posted by Mr_Jordan (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

Well let's do the math. The average hand gun shoots a bullet at about 1100 feet per second. In the book it looks like Laurie is about three feet away from Ozymandias. This means the bullet will reach him in about 0.003 of a single second! keep in mind that he did anticipate, but just barely. Really, he just turned around and slapped it out of the air. So that gives him a reaction and timing speed of about three thousandths of a second. Remember that most peoples is about one fifth of a second. So it is safe to assume that Ozymandias is well passed peak human. Even though a peak person can have a trained reaction speed of a twentieth maybe even a hundredth of a second reaction speed, this is obviously outclassed by Adrien. By the way, Rorschach and Nite Owl II are certainly expert level fighters. In their prime (which they were not in) they were capable of handling a few dozen thugs quite easily. That being said, Ozymandias crushed them like toddlers. In Before Watchmen it was also shown that Ozymandias calculated the entire defeat of a gang in a few short seconds and then pulled it off in a couple more seconds. He really is a very underestimated character on these forums.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.