Follow

Owl

Character » Owl appears in 388 issues.

A power-hungry crime lord who has been a regular opponent of Daredevil and Spider-Man.

Wolverine Claws?

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stafax

I'm a very casual comic reader, so I'm not all that familiar with the history of the Owl.  I've been reading some Dare Devil comics, and in the more recent comics, Owl's appearance looks pretty similar to Wolverine (the hair). And now I'm reading Dare Devil #500 and Owl whipped out 3 wolverine style claws on each hand. Can anyone explain how and why Owl has these claws?

Avatar image for deactivated-6160b54a0f8e2
    deactivated-6160b54a0f8e2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Leland was a wall-street wizard and got the nickname Owl by his peers. The IRS started snooping and revealed his ties to the underworld. Depressed, he took a serum that gave him the ability of flight. He has had several clashes with Daredevil, Spider-Man, Black Widow, and even Doctor Octopus. Through the years, the serum has caused him to mutate further. He has recently resurfaced to take revenge on Daredevil. The Hood later killed Owl in order to gain respect among the figures of New York's criminal underworld.

lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.