Powers & Abilities
As a conduit of power from the orange range of the emotional spectrum, the Orange Power rings have a number of abilities akin to those of other Lantern Rings. It can be noted that orange power rings can cause bearers (such as Larfleeze) to have insatiable hunger and can alter their minds and become consumed by their own greed for as long as they possess the power battery.
- Animation: An Orange Lantern can will objects to move how he or she wants.
- Artificial Intelligence: The ring acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer, which is why the Corps can communicate with each other.
- Burglar Alarm: An Orange Lantern can coat anything with the rings beam and thus, if anyone other than himself touches it, his ring will glow, alerting him to the possible theft.
- Communicator: The rings can act as a personal communicator between Orange Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time.
- Energy Projections: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. Sometimes, depending on the wearer, the beams and blasts make sounds.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people.
- Flight: The rings allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Invisibility: The rings can make the wearer or anything else invisible.
- Matter Manipulation: An Orange Lantern can use their ring to manipulate nearby matter, such as water, for various purposes such as a construct that acts like an energy construct but can block something yellow and may serve a purpose that an energy construct couldn't perform.
- Mind Control: The wearer of the Ring can use it to plant post hypnotic commands or influence a person's mind.
- Mirages: The rings can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The rings allows the user to go through walls.
- Probing: The rings can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring but will last only twenty-four (24) hours.
- Temperature Control: The rings can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero.
- Transforming: The rings can transform anyone or anything, be it into an animal, altering their state of appearance, or their size.
Unique Powers & Abilities
It appears that each new Lantern Corps Ring as unique abilities. For Orange Power Rings, these abilities include:
- Greed Spectrum Dynamo: He who bares the orange light becomes a living conduit to the power of greed. To that end they lack the need an orange Ring to use its power, much less recharge it due to acting as a living fuel source for the armament.
- Light Capture: The only known Orange Ring (in possession of Agent Orange) has the ability to drain the power of other power rings and lantern, in essence capturing the light of that range of the spectrum and transducing it into Orange Light. Blue Light is immune to the power drain and Indigo Light interacts in an unknown manner with Orange Light.
- Orange Avatars: The Orange Ring is capable of creating avatar Orange Lanterns of the beings Agent Orange kills, literally stealing their identity postmortem.
- Abnormally High Charge: As the sole wielder of the Orange Light and harnessing a direct link to Ophidian trapped within the single power battery. A ring wielder has all the power of a central battery held within his singular Power Ring that far outstrips that of the regularly finite individual ring by a huge margin. Larfleez's power output reading more than 100,000% power limit.
Log in to comment