Follow

Optimus Prime

Character » Optimus Prime appears in 1059 issues.

The leader of the Autobots in their war against the Decepticons, Optimus Prime is a noble robot that believes freedom is the right of all sentient beings. He has fallen many times over the course of his different incarnations, but always returns in the Autobots' darkest hour. He truly believes that true peace may never occur until "All Are One". He has had several alternate modes throughout his many different incarnations, but is most renowned for his earliest transformation into a semi-truck.

Michael Bay's Live action Transformer films: Optimus Prime

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Deranged Midget

Assuming anyone actually cares about these movies anymore, I was watching both of them the other day and realized something. Why is it that in the first Transformers film, Optimus gets his metal behind handed to him by Megatron, but in Revenge of the Fallen, Optimus wrecks Megatron and multiple Decepticons during the battle in the forest. It would be safe to  assume he could've handled them all if Megatron didn't backstab him. 

Any theories? 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By MrDirector786

I though of it as he was holding back in the first film because he was in a city with people all around him and didn't go all out for fear of accidentally killing people whereas Megatron didn't give a crap about the humans while in the second film he was in a forest with no people around so he didn't have many qualms about cutting loose and so he was much more impressive.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By MrDirector786
    agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By agent9149

cause megatron was in a weakened state......i guess

RavenT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By RavenT2
    @MrDirector786: 
    I'd have to agree. The forest battle in Revenge, Prime was going all out but Megatron had to go behind because Prime was more ready for that fight than the previous one. In the first movie it had been what? Hundreds or thousands of years since he saw ol' Megs last? In Revenge, just a couple of years, and this time, Prime was ready to kick his behind.
    spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By spystreak

in my mind the forest battle was the best scene in ROTF the rest was complete crap and I agree with MrDirector786 it was because he didn't want to endanger the humans
    Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Prime wrecked Megatron 3 times in the films. I'd say their first encounter was Prime holding back trying to reason with Megatron. On another note: I'm not sure why Prime wanted Sam to push the Cube in his chest either, if that happened, Megatron would still be alive and dominate the Earth.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime wrecked Megatron 3 times in the films. I'd say their first encounter was Prime holding back trying to reason with Megatron. On another note: I'm not sure why Prime wanted Sam to push the Cube in his chest either, if that happened, Megatron would still be alive and dominate the Earth.

Basically this, it looked like he was barely trying in the first film.

Maybe Prime was hoping that Megatron would leave earth if there was nothing of interest to him there?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.