Oprah's farewell season......

• 64 results
#51 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

@riri4life said:

@pixelized said:

@riri4life: I can't wait to cry on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday!

Me too!

Patti LaBelle stopped mid performance and said, "Oprah, I love you" and I lost itttttttt! Then she kicked her Gucci's off and killed a couple of audience members.

OMG, I watched it TOO...Ms. Labelle TORE THE HOUSE DOWN!!!!! when she walked out, I immediately did the bird dance...

Also, Oprah got a forest
#52 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

@Slight: I bet Stedman never thought to buy her one of those!

BTW, I really like how neither of them need a last name for you to know exactly whom you're talking about.

#53 Posted by Phylos (3093 posts) - - Show Bio

The last time I fully watched Oprah on screen was when I first seen her in "The Color Purple"....over ten years ago haha.
#54 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: I mean, when Josh Groban came out there and started singing, I was actually Hoping to GOD, that Patti would come out, and when they said her name, I was HALLELOOOO!

Stedman is just there, hovering around until the Big O, bites the dust, and he's there to COLLECT
#55 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

The last time I fully watched Oprah on screen was when I first seen her in "The Color Purple"....over ten years ago haha.

You've got two shows left before it's gone forever!

@Slight said:

@pixelized: I mean, when Josh Groban came out there and started singing, I was actually Hoping to GOD, that Patti would come out, and when they said her name, I was HALLELOOOO!Stedman is just there, hovering around until the Big O, bites the dust, and he's there to COLLECT

I was sooooo happy she came out. She had Oprah sing back up for her YEARS ago on that very song and nailed it then too. Curse YouTube for not letting me find the clip.

#56 Posted by Phylos (3093 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized
Oprah is the Rapture.
#57 Edited by riri4life (7684 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:

LONG LIVE ELLEN!!!
I'm sorta sad to see Oprah go

I guess Ellen got her wish...she's daytimes new HBIC....I still watch my ladies @ The View though.

@pixelized said:

Patti LaBelle stopped mid performance and said, "Oprah, I love you" and I lost itttttttt! Then she kicked her Gucci's off and killed a couple of audience members.

YASS! She SANG so hard her Gucci's got the spirit an flew away!

@Slight said:

@pixelized: Stedman is just there, hovering around until the Big O, bites the dust, and he's there to COLLECT

LOFL....He didn't even have to knock her up to seal the deal, he still got it on lock.   ....she'd probably leave all her inheritance to her dogs though. XD
#58 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: OMG..... I was an emotional wreck today watching Oprah, when the College Guys came out (and Christen Chenowith, whom I LOVE) and then when Ms. ARETHA FRANKLIN came out there and BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWWWWNNNAAA, let me tell you I was sprawled out on the floor, just a mess...
#59 Edited by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

@Slight said:

@riri4life: OMG..... I was an emotional wreck today watching Oprah, when the College Guys came out (and Christen Chenowith, whom I LOVE) and then when Ms. ARETHA FRANKLIN came out there and BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWWWWNNNAAA, let me tell you I was sprawled out on the floor, just a mess...

I liked everything up to Aretha, she seemed a little out of breath (and that was before she tried to dance).

The Morehouse College guys + Kristin Cheneoweth had me and Oprah in the ugly cry. I was soooooo touched. It was amazing. Anytime Oprah cries, Michael (Me) cries.

#60 Edited by riri4life (7684 posts) - - Show Bio

@pixelized@Slight:

YAS! I was totally gonna say that! XD  
....When the Queen cries, I cry.

Like Jada said, she is my mother! lol

Of course Aretha slayed....but I started to giggle a little towards the end when she was wailing like a cat in heat.....but I was like "EAT. THAT. MIC. YOU. BITCH."    

HA-LE-LOO!

#61 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio

lmfao
#62 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

Moment of silence...

I wanted her last show to be 60 minutes of the ugly cry.

#63 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

Moment of silence...

I wanted her last show to be 60 minutes of the ugly cry.

Me too...But it was sufficient for me. She's such a great speaker.
#64 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

@Slight: She is but something about reading from a prepared speech takes away some of the emotion. Guess a 60 minute freestyle wouldn't have worked out either.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.