Follow

Okaara

Location » Okaara appears in 42 issues.

A planet where masters of the complete art of war have trained beings from throughout the galaxy. Starfire, Blackfire, and White Lotus were trained here. Okaara is also home to the ancient and unimaginably powerful Orange Lantern known as Larfleeze.

Okaara inhabitants...doesnt it seem strange?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85

Initially Okaara were only home to the Warlords of Okaara, who trained Tamaranian young beneath its surface.
    Geoff Johns added another inhabitant to the planet in the shape of Agent Orange, who supposedly has been there since...i dunno centuries, or millennia even. (noting it was Manhunter robots that accompanied the Guardians when the Orange battery was handed over)

However, it makes me wonder; Larfleez, because of the orange light, is a being of boundless greed, everything he sees he wants for his own even if he can't use it. 
    Isn't it a bit odd that he would even share a planet with some else? (Let alone that the Guardians would risk his discovery by having a people that receives off-world visitors regularly?)

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Sinestro2828

@Outside_85 said:

Initially Okaara were only home to the Warlords of Okaara, who trained Tamaranian young beneath its surface.
    Geoff Johns added another inhabitant to the planet in the shape of Agent Orange, who supposedly has been there since...i dunno centuries, or millennia even. (noting it was Manhunter robots that accompanied the Guardians when the Orange battery was handed over) However, it makes me wonder; Larfleez, because of the orange light, is a being of boundless greed, everything he sees he wants for his own even if he can't use it. Isn't it a bit odd that he would even share a planet with some else? (Let alone that the Guardians would risk his discovery by having a people that receives off-world visitors regularly?)

Larfleeze does seem like a crazy hermit, i.e. someone who only wishes to be left alone with his riches and kill/possess anyone or anything that enters his territory.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Outside_85

@Sinestro2828: Which is why I find a little odd that he would even share the planet, even more so that he's remained hidden for so long on a planet that's seen a fair amount of travel because of the Warlords, the Omega Men were based there at one time, even X'Hal was kept subdued there for generations. On top of this he didnt act when the Citadel invaded the place.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Sinestro2828

@Outside_85 said:

@Sinestro2828: Which is why I find a little odd that he would even share the planet, even more so that he's remained hidden for so long on a planet that's seen a fair amount of travel because of the Warlords, the Omega Men were based there at one time, even X'Hal was kept subdued there for generations. On top of this he didnt act when the Citadel invaded the place.

True, but his behavior has always seemed more like that of Gollum from lord of the rings or a classic "Boogeyman," killing any who come too close to his treasures or who encroach on his property (his victims getting added to his Lantern Corps). He's not so much an intergalactic conqueror, as he is a thief gone mad with greed to the point that he'd rather stay hidden away in between heists rather than make himself known to the universe & risk unwanted attention.

He seems to be the main reason why the forest he dwells in became a no man's land, I mean, even Fatality of the Sinestro Corps and later the Star Sapphires seemed to fear that place even though she didn't know what was in there. He's basically a space troll straight out of a fairytale, tusks and all.

P.S. he's also a fairly recent creation so some retconning maybe involved in regards to why he never acted against invaders of Okaara, though it can at least be said that as long as you remain away from his forest and his lair and all the loot within, he has little reason to go after you or your loved ones. His mind, while cunning enough at times, is definitely deranged.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Outside_85

@Sinestro2828: True, true, and I am also only wondering if Johns was wise regarding basing Larfleeze on Okaara, since it already had it's own history before he was added to it. Like if he had been based on Okaara's moon rather than the planet itself?

Added I cant help but wonder why he wouldnt want to add the Warlords and their visitors to his collection. Also there was a time when the New Teen Titans went with the Omega Men to Okaara to rescue Starfire from her sister, while there the Citadel attacked them to get X'Hal. With all the fighting, bloodshed and death around her, Raven very nearly lost it and was described as suddenly being felt across the entire planet and high into its orbit...wouldnt Larflezz have wanted that as well? (Not to mention Raven, as an empath would have noticed him being around)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.