Follow

Odin

Character » Odin appears in 1371 issues.

Odin Borson, is a nexus being who is omnipotent and almost unrivaled in raw power . He is the son of Bor Burison, brother of Vili and Ve, husband of Frigga and the father of Thor, Vidar, Balder and adoptive father of Loki. Odin is the wisest and by far the most powerful of the Asgardian Gods. Alpha of the council of God Heads Odin is a name that is respected and feared throughout the Marvel Multiverse.

Odin's Galaxy-Universal Feats

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jigen879 said:

No is not a universe infinite. In that comic it is also Said that all that is in asgard is now on the Earth. So not infinite in doctor strange this is a pocket universe also confirmed by encyclopedia

This is a map of all realms, apart Earth

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/2/22/Map_of_Asgard.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070602232122

Not universe.

The gods are born from.the biosphere of the Earth so they not created the Earth but earyh created them

You understand what you are doing is denying vegeta was a planet by saying "vegeta is less than 6 feet tall according to his bio and planets aren't that old"

The map you're showing is of Asgard, the city. The realm itself is also called asgard. The first one obviously isn't universe sized, what the thread is referring to is the second.

IAmMorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either out of context, hyperbole or Classic/Silver Age garbage

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is ... weird.

Odin has multi universal strength, speed and DC in base. And this is me lowballing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
    deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2 said:

@asgardianbrony:

actually the true origin of the marvel universe is unknown but it has been claimed the aesir created it, these feats for odin are valid until absolutely proven false.

I don't really know what your talking about, but in Captain Marvel vol 4 it was revealed that Odin made a pact with two Storm giants to build Asgard iirc.

ill upload/ link you to the full issue if i can.

sure, but remember asgard (continent) =/= Asgard space (infinite universe)

Ill show you the scans because it looks like its the continent, it is however alluded to the fact that Asgard is separate from Asgard (the continent)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

This is ... weird.

Odin has multi universal strength, speed and DC in base. And this is me lowballing.

id say multi-galaxy destructive power and universal reality warping, how come you think its multi-universal if you don't mind me asking?

Nah i was joking here. Odin is op for sure, but I have no idea as to what is exact limits at his best are.

I've seen him knock down galactus, but I don't really remember odin fighting much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Oh, didn't read op just came here trolled a bit and left. Thx.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#410  Edited By ODIN619360

@dc-prime:

the writer clearly debunked it.

And It was debunked back by a Higher ranking staff member.

No Caption Provided

writer factual statement >>>> your opinion.

Ok then it's a fact that Thor beats Superman and nothing can change that.

No Caption Provided

Odin is planet level at best.

Even though he has several feats above that?

Odin has many feats well above this, what a ridiculous and laughable statement. LMFAO

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard realm is just that on the planetoid

http://i.imgur.com/gNFs3tN.jpg

this ruined hunk of rock that was once the realm eternal

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By Jigen879

The phrase, full and infinite, is not related to the realms but to alternative realities that are endless, although hyperbole. Not only that but it is only a theory of a human scientist who also clearly says that all that's there is now on Earth, categorically denying the infinitude. Not only that but the theory is wrong because the realm of Asgard and other realms are on planetoid and are not separated.Instead the doc Strange description is not a theory but the official description of the Marvel universe. So yes it is true that the space contains is simply a pocket universe

Uthana, king of Ano-Athox, his world, does not hold any universe to die with his power. He runs away from his world, dying, in search of other worlds to live in. He said to his will in the way, for His orders from the King. In fact, his son opened the escape door and he said to my will the doors are open. But all that he has done this is done by his son. Precisely he said to my will not to my power. They observe only the end of their world and they do this thanks to the gravitational engines.

the gravity engines are failing. We are the last three things alive in this sewer os spacetime. The power we have used to stave off the end now grands us the escape.

In the real Marvel comics universe is said very clearly and is called with Earth and a number, the rest are all pocket universes

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By Jigen879

@princearagorn1: https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11126/111260557/4916869-0002dkfd.jpg

Mobius_Solos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By Mobius_Solos

Alot of these feats and scans here are wanked and taken out of context. Odin is in the low range of multi galaxy level at best

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
    deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alot of these feats and scans here are wanked and taken out of context. Odin is in the low range of multi galaxy level at best

Like what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
    deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading through this thread was intoxicating.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then what is the context? Debunk them.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prove it then.

devilmoonlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
    deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dc-prime said:

The writer debunked it. odin isnt galaxy level.

No Caption Provided

So does this mean that Odin isn't as powerful as the Silver Surfer who blew up a planet?

No Caption Provided

I think statements like the above are why I'm not a fan of writer statements. And if you were to ask another writer the same question, you might likely get another answer. I'm actually okay with Odin being someone who can destroy a galaxy particularly given the language is as clear as it is.

No Caption Provided

Notice also that "RC" asks Jurgen's an open ended question, allowing for his personal perspective, "so you did not write Odin as a character capable of say killing galaxies?" The person that wrote the feat above, Tom De Falco, would beg to differ with Dan Jurgen's perspective, given the dialogue above.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa....Just whoa... So much Odin lowballing in this thread.

Shoutout to @asgaard for holding his own and refuting the lowballing.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Also was the writer Jurgens even writing the stories where Odin was destroying galaxies in his fight with Infinity? Because if not then his opinions are worthless. That's like using Hickman as proof to say Thanos can't destroy a planet because during infinity Thanos had to use a bomb to destroy Earth, meanwhile Thanos under different writers has consistently destroyed planets under his own powers. Its majority against one person.

This is why I say using writers can backfire. I say only use writers who WROTE the story to get better context of what happened. Other than that using writers is worthless.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#423  Edited By ODIN619360

Also was the writer Jurgens even writing the stories where Odin was destroying galaxies in his fight with Infinity? Because if not then his opinions are worthless. That's like using Hickman as proof to say Thanos can't destroy a planet because during infinity Thanos had to use a bomb to destroy Earth, meanwhile Thanos under different writers has consistently destroyed planets under his own powers. Its majority against one person.

This is why I say using writers can backfire. I say only use writers who WROTE the story to get better context of what happened. Other than that using writers is worthless.

well said. could not have put it better myself

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@odin619360:

Thanks. Trust me I like to use writers BUT ONLY to get context of a story that a panel did not explain well. Like Robert Reynolds saying "Thank You" after his fight with Hulk. Or Hickman confirming whether or not Black Panther is superhuman in HIS STORY. Other than that using writers can be useless but also backfire on you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a563432ea67a
    deactivated-5a563432ea67a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin wank has ended ahahahaha.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/valfranx/blog/odin-is-a-galaxy-buster/110969/

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
    deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatest skyfather tier badass lvl. In my opinion he is stronger than Rune King Thor

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Greatest skyfather tier badass lvl. In my opinion he is stronger than Rune King Thor

rune king is more powerful than odin its been established in marvel

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
    deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurcurry89 said:

So Odin is 2nd one

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@supermanthor said:
    @arthurcurry89 said:

So Odin is 2nd one

yup

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#431  Edited By Shinne

Woah, there were a lot of banned trolls from Church PM in this thread. Maybe this is where they used to hang out/?

Avatar image for kaiza_toshiyuki
    Kaiza_Toshiyuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
    ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: Goldchamp isn't here, and he ain't even got the Church behind him anymore to make these threads, smh

plus with Odin's jobbing, idk if anyone wants to cover all of that and not start breaking down in the process

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Both Multiversal feats and Infinity Feats are HUGE OUTLIERS. Also 9 realms are not Universes.

who are you to say the 9 realms are not universes when MARVEL the company that own this property says so.......you look stupid man stop reaching and reason like an intellectual

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Absol123

@lazarus4tempest said:
    @krleavenger said:

Both Multiversal feats and Infinity Feats are HUGE OUTLIERS. Also 9 realms are not Universes.

who are you to say the 9 realms are not universes when MARVEL the company that own this property says so.......you look stupid man stop reaching and reason like an intellectual

Marvel, the company, didn't say so. It was stated in a comic.

It was also stated that those "unviverses" were small pocket dimensions, several times.

When people hear the word "universe" they automatically imagine "A big universe", " A universe the size of ours".

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absol123 said:
    @lazarus4tempest said:
    @krleavenger said:

It was also stated that those "unviverses" were small pocket dimensions, several times.

When people hear the word "universe" they automatically imagine "A big universe", " A universe the size of ours".

the company owns the property and if the writer states that they are universes i'll go with that ,not someone who has no influence in the comics .And universe is a universe clear as day..

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By Absol123

@lazarus4tempest said:
    @absol123 said:
    @lazarus4tempest said:
    @krleavenger said:

the company owns the property and if the writer states that they are universes i'll go with that ,not someone who has no influence in the comics .And universe is a universe clear as day..

The company owns the proprety and and writer also said that they were small pocket dimensions.

Being called "universes" doesn't mean they are big. They can be endless just as much as they can be the size of a room.

You can call them universes if you want.. That doesn't make them the same size as midgard's realm.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absol123 said:
    @lazarus4tempest said:
    @absol123 said:
    @lazarus4tempest said:
    @krleavenger said:

The company owns the proprety and and writer also said that they were small pocket dimensions.

Being called "universes" doesn't mean they are big. They can be endless just as much as they can be the size of a room.

You can call them universes if you want.. That doesn't make them the same size as midgard's realm.

Ok you can stick to dimension and i'll so with universe .......case settled

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh enough with jurgens already. His word means nothing, but the feats have been countered by jigen(looking past his grammar)

Certain panels were indeed wrong posted in the op.

This has been

repeated many times, about those long dead galaxies and distant suns reignited(rip at that Norse reference comparing long dead galaxy to Seth and distant suns to rep Odin.

And it's not hyperbole, it's via power going thru the roots and that indeed busted galaxies (tho it's combined)

The 2nd rt was cool,but jigens refuted that as well(with scans,unfortunately)

I read through this whole thread and just felt like giving my conclusion to what I think happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.