Follow

Odin

Character » Odin appears in 1373 issues.

Odin Borson, is a nexus being who is omnipotent and almost unrivaled in raw power . He is the son of Bor Burison, brother of Vili and Ve, husband of Frigga and the father of Thor, Vidar, Balder and adoptive father of Loki. Odin is the wisest and by far the most powerful of the Asgardian Gods. Alpha of the council of God Heads Odin is a name that is respected and feared throughout the Marvel Multiverse.

Odin's Galaxy-Universal Feats

• 427 results
    laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really enjoyed the scans from this thread for Odin's feats. Nice to be able to check them out in one source rather than google search individually. Thanks for posting!

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Where are you getting that from? I mean I think its possible to interpret it that way to some degree but I'm just curious why you think that is the right interpretation.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: ok. I've read that before but I don't think it really proves what you are saying. The similarity is just the artist drawing space panoramas. That doesn't equate to Tarene or the OF having their own pocket dimensions imo. Regarding the instance where Thor and the OF are talking it cuts to a few different locations and then ends with Thor awaking as though he had just awoken from a dream. I think it makes more sense that he had been taken on a spirit journey than a physical one. The whole thing of going to wells or pools from a literary perspective is usually to induce visions much like how we saw in AoU where Thor goes to that pool to seek answers about the Infinity Stones and has the vision he has. I mean you are free to interpret it however you wish to but I personally still see it as more of vision than a physical journey he went on. I don't think it changes the overall point is it much either way though. The OF was still trying to get him to grasp how his own mind was putting limitations on how he could use its power.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Jigen879

the moon is minimal compared to the Earth, not to say infinitesimal compared to the sun. You can not use a comic book by an author who clearly says that its level is global, that image does not prove anything. now I understand that a fanbo always see more of what there is, but the thing is insane.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

between earth and moon the difference is infinitesimal. to destroy the moon takes

30 million tons trillion megatons of TNT, to destroy Earth 11 septillion megatons ...

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

the thing is insane.

This image is from the Thor comic Vol 2 60 Spiral Part 1, and this is WRITTEN BY DAN JURGENS, not by you, and Dan Jurgens in an interview about his work and the character of Odin, he made it clear that he is at the planetary level, His words, not the fans. .

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Not only that, the story of the gardener confirmed to the level almost planetarium.

This is the Thor V2 57, also written by Dan Jurgens.

Volstagg tells the story, it is not clear whether it really happened or not. As you read to the end.

However key thing is Gardener wants to turn the Earth, and Volstagg says that one who can change the planet, not to destroy it nor devastate, it is a formidable enemy for Thor. In fact, he can not win, and then he closes the Gardener in the Moon, this shows that the simple matter and gravity of the Moon can imprison The Gardener.

Thor falls completely out of energy after this feat. But it never happened? The end leaves the doubt.

In full agreement with what Dan Jurgens said in the interview.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By monarch2016

It's great that odin's wankers chose to post irrelevant statements instead of posting any scans were that old weakling destroyed a solar system let alone a galaxy.

I haven't seen such a one sided debate in a long time.

I knew the skyfathers were overrated and not even close of galaxy busters but it seems that they are not even solar system busters.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Jigen879

It's great that odin's wankers chose to post irrelevant statements instead of posting any scans were that old weakling destroyed a solar system let alone a galaxy.

I haven't seen such a one sided debate in a long time.

I knew the skyfathers were overrated and not even close of galaxy busters but it seems that they are not even solar system busters.

Absolutely correct. The point is not that one wants to underestimate one, but one wants to show how the scan are handled without any context, however, if one reads the comics he can see clearly what is truth.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I I bet if the authors had said that he could then this was fine for them. Really ridiculous for the fictional characters. But the authors all say that he can not and then they say that this is not true.

However when we see something like that then we'll talk

No Caption Provided

Although not even the Beyonder destroyed the galaxy that time, it was said after that it was an illusion.

No Caption Provided

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great. Still, using these feats for current Odin is like using Silver Age feats for current Superman.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Spambot

@jigen879: First, if you are going to reply to people then just tag them. Second, you are completely stuck on using only Dan Jurgens as an authority on these characters mainly based on a tweet he sent out years after he wrote the comics. In Jurgens' mind there may not be any middle ground between planetary and galactic either so that answer he gave doesn't actually provide much context to the question that was asked. Your interpretation of the word minimal is also your own. More so given that the OF refers to the moon as a celestial body(which provides confirmation that the story Volstagg told actually occurred) and then calls it minimal while referring to its own limitless potential. Also, Thor's mastery of the OF in that comic was much less than what he would have later on which is still in turn much less than Odin's. All of which are just feats from one writer when over 20 have written these characters over the decades. Dan Jurgens is not some ultimate authority on these characters. We have 50+ years of comics to judge Odin by.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Goldchamp101

@comic_bruh777 said:

This is great. Still, using these feats for current Odin is like using Silver Age feats for current Superman.

Classic Odin=Current Odin.

There was no retcon for Odin that makes Classic feats invalid unless specified unlike the COIE for Superman.

Not only that but over 7 of the feats used here were Modern.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Goldchamp101

@asgardianbrony:

I'll add the feat where Odin one-shots her.

Do you have the scan?

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

So now a statement from a writer is more valid than actual feat on panel? Ok. Then one day I go to DC and start writing Superman and say how he is slow and does not have greater speed than the speed of bullet. I mean yeah he has billions of feats which prove he dwarfs the speed of bullet but hey, I was writing him so my opinion/statement is more valid than decades full of feats. Why???

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Jigen879

@krleavenger: The problme is there is no one scan showing Odin destroy a galaxy. No one. Just one where all the power of Odin, Visnu and Zeus can take a Planet out of orbit.

Hela, Surtur no galaxy buster. All this is been debunked.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jigen879: Then I guess I'm hallucinating because I'm looking at my iPad and I have a clear feat of Odin not only destroying the galaxy but recreating it after being destroyed. If Odin really is a planetary threat it means Thor is more powerful than his father.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jigen879:

There are scans but you just say "lol hyperbole"

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dimension that Odin ripped from the world tree had a galaxy on panel.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Jigen879

@krleavenger: All have been debunked

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/did-o-din-never-destroy-a-galaxy-1675707/ http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/valfranx/blog/odin-is-a-galaxy-buster/110969/

He take away just the Planet of Angela.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jigen879: The link you sent me does not exist.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just show a feat like this. If there is.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114397/3270997-0868567354-32709.jpg

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Jigen879

The barrier around the ream of Angel is the same setup around Asgard, to destroy this, the Angels sacrifice all their ships, to destroy the barrier it only takes a few billions of megatons to make it wide open. To destroy the moon it takes 30 trillion megatons.

No Caption Provided

captured by ants...

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/valfranx/blog/odin-is-a-galaxy-buster/110969/ All have been debunke

Oh and never forget three skyfathers including Odin combined full power attack was only capable of shifting a planet out of its orbit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111134695/4232870-1702905911-38111.jpg

And even amped in Destroyer armor with Power of all asgard and asgaddian, his blows are merely planet shattering.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3319633-0+(28).jpg

This is the Battle against the ants

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

http://i.imgur.com/XBQdXqs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZWQEPiA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0rhGhf3.jpg

@monarch2016 @royal_warrior @speedster101@freefa11

Oh and never forget three skyfathers including Odin combined full power attack was only capable of shifting a planet out of its orbit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111134695/4232870-1702905911-38111.jpg

And even amped in Destroyer armor with Power of all asgard and asgaddian, his blows are merely planet shattering.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3319633-0+(28).jpg

This is the Battle against the ants

http://i.imgur.com/XBQdXqs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZWQEPiA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0rhGhf3.jpg

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11:

That troll is debunking all you're wankers so called feats.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Jigen879

Read the thread I posted. Surtur not destroy a galaxy never.

However in the comics everything burns, Thor says that Surtur is much more powerful than Odin.

For me Odin is more than planetary but no absolutely galaxy

As for the image of the mental journey, for me, it can not be used first because it does not say anything specific, and second it is written by an author who says that he is planetary. So what is the point that image?

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Spambot

@jigen879: The key word there is 'for me'. You are choosing to interpret all of these things the way you are because you choose to view him the way you do. You choose to see see Jurgens' tweet the way you do which doesn't not explicitly state that he saw him as planetary. He only says "He'd have to be..." which does not clearly state anything. He only confirms that he didn't see him as being a galaxy buster. So on one hand you are trying to argue him as planetary for days and then you come out now and just say you think he isn't galactic. Thor saying Surtur is more powerful than Odin(which I don't recall him saying but w/e) also means next to nothing when Odin has actually beaten Surtur multiple times as has Thor with the OF. Odin also stated on another occasion that he could kill Surtur but he chooses to allow him to live.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Jigen879

No tweet but an offical interview

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Jigen879

Debunked you are late.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/valfranx/blog/odin-is-a-galaxy-buster/110969/

However a core isn't a whole galax

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.