Follow

Odin

Character » Odin appears in 1371 issues.

Odin Borson, is a nexus being who is omnipotent and almost unrivaled in raw power . He is the son of Bor Burison, brother of Vili and Ve, husband of Frigga and the father of Thor, Vidar, Balder and adoptive father of Loki. Odin is the wisest and by far the most powerful of the Asgardian Gods. Alpha of the council of God Heads Odin is a name that is respected and feared throughout the Marvel Multiverse.

Odin's 'fight' against the Celestial's was pure PIS

TripleA9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one who feels this way.

How could a man capable of knocking out Galactus with a headbutt, not so much as even put a scratch on a celestial?

Especially considering the fact that galactus was able to kill a celestial with ease.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"not so much as even put a scratch on a celestial?

"Especially considering the fact that galactus was able to kill a celestial with ease."

Scans of both of those please (if you have them).

TripleA9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TripleA9000
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@micah: Okay maybe the not a scratch thing was an over-exaggeration. But the fact that he needed the destroyer armor and still got his ass kicked is PIS

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweeeeeeet. I thought a regular Celestial was supposed to be on par with a normal Galactus.

TripleA9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TripleA9000

@micah: here goes another of him curbstomping a celestial

No Caption Provided

So if odin can fight on par with galactus, how did he lose. And why did he even need buffs?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triplea9000: Well I'd need more context on those fights to make an accurate answer, but for now I'm just thinking inconsistent writing.

TripleA9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Like most cosmic, Celestials have been watered down since their introduction. Originally, they were untouchable. As far above Odin as he is above a regular human. They were space gods of intergalactic influence compared to Odin who is mostly an Earth god limited to the nine worlds. It is only in the last few years Celestials have been watered down to being giant robots. Galactus on the other hand has had a bit of an up swing the last few years.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@micah said:

@triplea9000: Well I'd need more context on those fights to make an accurate answer, but for now I'm just thinking inconsistent writing.

Context would be, Galactus in anticipation of the said fight with the Celestials had feed on 4 planets. That's for the first scan. Then 3 Celestials merged and killed Galactus. He was revived and powered up by an orb that has the energy of the universe Franklin created and after that he managed to kill the next one.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 SC  Moderator

You are calling the writing that happened decades before the two examples you gave as PIS? Thats an interesting way of looking at things. Claymore1998 has already given context for the modern stories, and did an excellent job, another thing to remember that Celestials were Kirby inventions, Kirby is king, and unlike Galactus another Kirby invention along with Stan lee's help, the Celestials were totally his (well with a nod to Erich von Däniken) anyway Odin did more than scratch, he actually was pretty impressive in my opinion. However Celestials can heal incredibly fast, maybe if it was a one on one situation Odin could have keep going on the offense, but it was more than one on one, and it was in an era where Celestials were still still quite awe inspiring, I mean they always have been - but to put it in perspective those Thor stories are actually when Marvel started integrating Celestials into main 616 continuity, originally they weren't intended to be. There are a lot of other things to consider, role of antagonist, writer styles, artist styles, decompression versus fast pace storytelling.

Basically I do not consider it PIS.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Context would be, Galactus in anticipation of the said fight with the Celestials had feed on 4 planets. That's for the first scan. Then 3 Celestials merged and killed Galactus. He was revived and powered up by an orb that has the energy of the universe Franklin created and after that he managed to kill the next one.

Ahhh I see. Thanks bro.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Odin headbutt is badass!!

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yep

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By OmegaHans

Pretty sure it's already been more or less explained but for a few decades now Marvel had been seriously downgrading the original awesome power of the Celestials and in the modern era of these books, the readers who would study on them would find their depicted power levels have been all over the place since Kirby and Simonson wrote them in the Bronze Age.

Course, now Marvel's writers are doing the same thing to Odin and much about the Asgardians has been a mess for a while. Not to take anything away from the Odin/Galactus feat shown here since Odin could probably hang against him for awhile but written right he should eventually lose since plenty of past depictions can say a guy like Galactus is overall stronger than Odin, and again that's not lowballing Odin either. Just that well, Galactus is so scary powerful he could have drained the Beyonder with his tech in Taa II had not Doctor Doom borrowed it and did it first, that's how powerful and resourceful Galactus is supposed to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.