Follow

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Character » Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in 587 issues.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was a Jedi Knight who was instructed by Qui-Gon Jinn and he himself taught Anakin Skywalker. Both Kenobi and Anakin fought in the Clone Wars which led to Anakin turning to the dark side and betraying the order. Obi-Wan hid on the planet Tatooine where he watched over Anakin's son Luke, whom he began training to be a Jedi, like his father once was.

Where Kenobi's TK Stands

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By kbroskywalker

I'm teaming up with bud @supermanwithatan01 to continue my where x stands series. Expect a switch to some flash blogs.

I feel kenobi's force power has been lowballed to a great extent. People seem to mistake his lack of willingness to start force battles with force users(he has only only attacked a force user with the fore once against maul in order to save ventress.) for a lack of power. Lets start this out with some accolades:

The arrogant sob known as aotc anakin called kenobi as powerful as windu(not agreeing with it)

Mace called him the all time master of soresu.

Dooku called him luminous in the force.

Hoodlum spirits have stated only the most powerful force users can become force ghosts.

Dooku called him a worthy adversary.

In the start of the rots novel, the anakin vs kenobi debate was contested between boys and girls.

Now for tk feats

Kenobi has twice force pushed anakin, once against an unexpecting anakin, so we'll shelf that one.

The second time happened vs a hindered but bloodlused anakin who initatied the attack. Yes anakin was hindered, but he was still powerful. He forced Shaak ti into a retreat. This same Shaak ti was able to duel 12 manga guards at the same time and changed the force orientation of a planet. So I see matching a hindered anakin via tk very impressive especially regarding the fact that anakin started the attack and kenobi could have been slow to react(but he wasn't).

The one time kenobi has ever started a force attack with a force user, he overwhelmed maul's tk defenses, however he simply did this to save ventress and opted not to hurt maul.

above is the fight where this took place, I'm still looking for the actual picture.

Kenobi also had an extremely impressive tk feat here:

Here kenobi uproots and pulls down trees bigger than the freighter which are so dense that the freighter crashed just by touching the trees. What makes it really impressive is he did this WHILE ON A SPEEDING FREIGHTER, Thats an anakin level feat there.

Kenobi also knows tutaminis using it on these attacks:

Tutaminis can only be used by those extremely skilled and powerful with tk.

Of course kenobi's most impressive feat:

The hoodlum spirits(creators of the force) have told yoda that only the most true and powerful jedi can become force ghosts.

edit: kenobi acheived force oneness vs grevious

Thoughts? Opinions? Comment Below

@alextheboss @shootingnova @SilentBat @samjackson @rabumalal

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By alextheboss

Of his time the only ones above him are Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Mace, and Anakin/Vader.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of his time the only ones above him are Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Mace, and Anakin/Vader.

do you think vos's beating of dooku was a one time thing?

Also plo koon and shaak ti are just below kenobi

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Ya wasn't Vos amped or something?
    Ya, top tier masters like shaak ti, plo koon, and Qui-gon are right under Kenobi.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya, top tier masters like shaak ti, plo koon, and Qui-gon are right under Kenobi.

combatively qui gon is a little down

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who do you figure to have better tk, shaak ti, or maul, shaak ti has tkd a pre prime malek, but maul has tkd a near prime kenobi. what about plo koon vs ti

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Maul by statements and hype should of been above just about every jedi besides Yoda, Mace, Anakin, and Obi-wan.

Also which version of Maul? Ep 1 Maul probably has more raw power than Ti and Koon, but their experience might edge him out in a force only duel. By Rebels Maul should of have the experience and knowledge to beat them.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kbroskywalker

@alextheboss said:

@kbroskywalker: Maul by statements and hype should of been above just about every jedi besides Yoda, Mace, Anakin, and Obi-wan.

Also which version of Maul? Ep 1 Maul probably has more raw power than Ti and Koon, but their experience might edge him out in a force only duel. By Rebels Maul should of have the experience and knowledge to beat them.

perhaps though tfu shaak ti influenced a freaking planet

also maul hype should be discounted, the world has enough trouble without it

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By alextheboss

@kbroskywalker:

In terms of the force

ep 1 Maul<tfu Shaak ti<Rebels Maul

However I wasn't counting that since it isn't canon anymore.

Sidious seemed to be pretty confident Maul was better than all of the jedi and Sidious isn't stupid so it wouldn't really make much sense for anyone but Mace and Yoda to be above him at the time. Qui-gon was considered one of the best in the order but he still couldn't take Maul for long in a 1v1. However they didn't actually use the force so we really don't know how they would stand in a force battle.

But I think it is safe to assume Sidious wouldn't spend time training an apprentice unless he had extremely high potential.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

In terms of the force

Sidious seemed to be pretty confident Maul was better than all of the jedi and Sidious isn't stupid so it wouldn't really make much sense for anyone but Mace and Yoda to be above him at the time. Qui-gon was considered one of the best in the order but he still couldn't take Maul for long in a 1v1. However they didn't actually use the force so we really don't know how they would stand in a force battle.

But I think it is safe to assume Sidious wouldn't spend time training an apprentice unless he had extremely high potential.

i think its fair to say both sidious and maul overrated maul. What with maul saying only mace could rival him after being beaten by a battle master with a baboo stick. I can think of at least 6 jedi who of the clone wars era who could rival maul.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

In terms of the force

i've seen nothing that indicates rebels maul> tcw or tpm maul. I use tfu shaak ti as other than her duel with anakin, she hasn't combated force users of a comparable level. Her fight with 12 magna guards was impressive though. Plo koon has the same problem though stomping ventress inspite of an injured hand despite a style which requires two handed attacks was impressive.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alextheboss

@kbroskywalker:

i think its fair to say both sidious and maul overrated maul. What with maul saying only mace could rival him after being beaten by a battle master with a baboo stick. I can think of at least 6 jedi who of the clone wars era who could rival maul.

Wasn't that pre prime Maul?

Ya some jedi might be able to put up a good fight against Maul, but besides Yoda, Mace, Kenobi, and Anakin, I can't think of a Jedi that could beat Qui-gon and ep1 Obi-wan at the same time.

i've seen nothing that indicates rebels maul> tcw or tpm maul.

Not in power, but in knowledge and experience he should be ahead.

I use tfu shaak ti as other than her duel with anakin, she hasn't combated force users of a comparable level. Her fight with 12 magna guards was impressive though.

In terms of dueling Shaak-ti<Grievous<=>Maul

Plo koon has the same problem though stomping ventress inspite of an injured hand despite a style which requires two handed attacks was impressive.

Didn't Savage beat Plo koon in a comic?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

Wasn't that pre prime Maul?

Ya some jedi might be able to put up a good fight against Maul, but besides Yoda, Mace, Kenobi, and Anakin, I can't think of a Jedi that could beat Qui-gon and ep1 Obi-wan at the same time.

i've seen nothing that indicates rebels maul> tcw or tpm maul.

Not in power, but in knowledge and experience he should be ahead.

I use tfu shaak ti as other than her duel with anakin, she hasn't combated force users of a comparable level. Her fight with 12 magna guards was impressive though.

In terms of dueling Shaak-ti<Grievous<=>Maul

Plo koon has the same problem though stomping ventress inspite of an injured hand despite a style which requires two handed attacks was impressive.

Didn't Savage beat Plo koon in a comic?

you can't compare the grevious's that were fought. One solod 4 jedi council members, the other lost to kit fisto.

Opress won by taking of koon's mask, considering koon's showing vs ventress i highly doubt he repeats that. I see shaak ti and koon as on par with maul personally

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: True Grievous has been all over the place, but I'm pretty sure he is considered above Shaak-ti in saber combat for the most part, especially since they had him killing her in a deleted scene and he beat her twice in the old cartoon even with help.

Prime Shaak ti and Koon might be on ep 1 Maul level but they should at least be a little below CW Maul.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kbroskywalker

@kbroskywalker: True Grievous has been all over the place, but I'm pretty sure he is considered above Shaak-ti in saber combat for the most part, especially since they had him killing her in a deleted scene and he beat her twice in the old cartoon even with help.

Prime Shaak ti and Koon might be on ep 1 Maul level but they should at least be a little below CW Maul.

considering in the clone wars grevious lost to fisto and ventress, i think he's below here

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By alextheboss

@kbroskywalker: I don't think Shaak ti or Plo Koon ever got a proper lightsaber duel in the clone wars show if I remember correctly, which is disappointing.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kbroskywalker

@kbroskywalker: I don't think Shaak ti or Plo Koon ever got a proper lightsaber duel in the clone wars show if I remember correctly, which is disappointing.

Yea, they are underrated in my opinion due to their lack of exposure. Plo koon is one of my favorite characters. He was one of the few jedis who was competent and knew bs was going on with ashoka

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.