Follow

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Character » Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in 587 issues.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was a Jedi Knight who was instructed by Qui-Gon Jinn and he himself taught Anakin Skywalker. Both Kenobi and Anakin fought in the Clone Wars which led to Anakin turning to the dark side and betraying the order. Obi-Wan hid on the planet Tatooine where he watched over Anakin's son Luke, whom he began training to be a Jedi, like his father once was.

Did You Know Obi-Wan Had A Girlfriend?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Looks like Anakin wasn't the only Jedi with a love interest.  On Friday, February 5 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network, we'll get to see what she looks like in "Voyage Of Temptaion."  Obi-Wan is reunited with a former flame while on a mission of vital importance to the war effort.  In trying to defend his convictions and beliefs, he has to stand up against the woman he once loved. 

When traveling to Coruscant on the royal vessel of the Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, Obi-Wan and Anakin discover a plot to assassinate the political figure before she reaches her destination.  Anakin then finds out that his former Master has a history with the Mandalorian emissary and that he is not without personal attachments of his own. 

Series writer Henry Gilroy discusses the episode. 

“I always wondered what would happen if Obi-Wan had been put in the same position as Anakin – specifically meeting and falling in love with a woman. Would he be able to maintain his vow to the Jedi at the cost of true love? We know how Anakin dealt with this, but how would Obi-Wan fare against the same temptation? I think a lot of people have had relationships that never really got a chance to flourish, and there's always that ‘what if…’ sort of feeling. Even people in healthy, happy relationships ponder their old flames and think about what might have been. I think it really broadens Obi-Wan as a character. He's revealed as a man – someone we relate to because he has romantic feelings like the rest of us, even though he's a Jedi.”     

Here's a clip for the episode Lucasfilm sent over. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character, and I like how this story sounds. Plus I love the Clone Wars :)

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By speedlgt

can some one set the record straight for us.......are jedi like priest? i mean are they like holy men that cant have a woman but can slice and dice anyone in thier way?
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MrMiracle77

Satine, by no coincidence I imagine, was also the name of Ewan Macgregor's love interest in Moulin Rouge.  She doesn't resemble Nicole Kidman, though.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hamz

The thought of Obi-Wan 'getting it on' seems entirely absurd to me. I just keep picturing an old Alec Guinness....

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Isn't having a girlfriend against the jedi code?

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goldenkey
    @reaper2923 said:
    "Isn't having a girlfriend against the jedi code? "

yep,
    buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By buns134

Cool

In a book with Qui Gon Jinn he left the order to help a planet and he made a girlfriend there so its not that new

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This cartoon is corny.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

Okay, now they're just running out of ideas. As always, I'll pass.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Why would they do that way to ruin the character

The Prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By The Prez
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " Why would they do that way to ruin the character "
    that was part of his character bio, search it on wikipedia
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @The Prez said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    that was part of his character bio, search it on wikipedia "
    I never seen it in the EU and Wikipedia is no source I trust
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I had no idea Obi Wan had a lady. At least he could keep it in his pants. Unlike another jedi mass murderer and child killer we all know.
    I would like to get into this show, but I just can't accept watching Anakin being portrayed as a hero. Especially when this is basically a show for kids. Not to mention I have a certain level of disdain for prequels.

Isn't the fact that a group is called Extremist because they can't be reasoned with? The idea you can reason with extremists is kind of an oxymoron.

rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rein
    @speedlgt said:
    " can some one set the record straight for us.......are jedi like priest? i mean are they like holy men that cant have a woman but can slice and dice anyone in thier way? "
    Before the Ruusan Reformation, when the jedi were less organized, jedi were allowed to marry, and feel emotion so long as long as it wasn't hate, anger or other such feelings (negative emotions). When the russan reformation came about, all emotion was believed to be evil, and so No, under normal circumstances Relationships of a romantic nature were not allowed (there were exceptions, like a planet where the women outnumbered the men 10 to 1, but i can't remember their name). After the fall of the Empire, Luke skywalker reestablished that not all emotions were evil, and Jedi were allowed to marry again.
    Avatar image for sapphire_warlock
    Sapphire Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Sapphire Warlock

Didn't Obi-Wan and Siri Tachi have a "thing" going once?

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Psyentist

Obi Wan would have a love interest. He's too awesome not too. Bet the girls just fall over him.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
    very interesting...
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By Silver Knight75
    @Sapphire Warlock:  yeah he did
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iloverobots
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @The Prez said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    that was part of his character bio, search it on wikipedia "
    I never seen it in the EU and Wikipedia is no source I trust "
    Everything in the Clone Wars TV show is a lot more canon than any EU. Every single detail goes through Lucas so if it happens in the show, you can assume it to be true.
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By EisforExtinction
    @goldenkey said:
    " @reaper2923 said:
    yep, "
    That sucks. They should change that code up.
    Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Well for Kenobi it's not that new. He's had 2 Girlfriends in the books so far, one a former Jedi and one a freedom fighter. 

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dementedtheclown

Lame, he wouldn't have a GF in clone wars, while on the other hand bitching bout Anikins relationship.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NightFang3
    @goldenkey said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    yep, "
                 And that's way Anakin  trunbed to the darkside.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @EisforExtinction:
    Well Obi-Wan's force ghost will get his chance maybe since Luke made it so Jedi can marry after the Empire fell
    vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vicsrealms

Now I understand why Karen Traviss is no longer continuing the Republic Commando and 501st series of books.  That episode was absolutely horrible and this series has gone World of Warcraft as far as lore is concerned. The previous episode has killed the entire series for me.  Mandalorians are supposed to be warriors, who are scattered across the galaxy.  Are they saying the Skirata and all those who helped train the clones don't exist in the Star Wars Universe anymore?

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By goldenkey

@vicsrealms said:

"Now I understand why Karen Traviss is no longer continuing the Republic Commando and 501st series of books.  That episode was absolutely horrible and this series has gone World of Warcraft as far as lore is concerned. The previous episode has killed the entire series for me.  Mandalorians are supposed to be warriors, who are scattered across the galaxy.  Are they saying the Skirata and all those who helped train the clones don't exist in the Star Wars Universe anymore? "

I obviously don't know have as much about the S W universe as you do, but isn't Mandalorian armor suppossed to be extremely rare not made in some facotory. 

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By speedlgt
    @rein said:
    " @speedlgt said:
    " can some one set the record straight for us.......are jedi like priest? i mean are they like holy men that cant have a woman but can slice and dice anyone in thier way? "
    Before the Ruusan Reformation, when the jedi were less organized, jedi were allowed to marry, and feel emotion so long as long as it wasn't hate, anger or other such feelings (negative emotions). When the russan reformation came about, all emotion was believed to be evil, and so No, under normal circumstances Relationships of a romantic nature were not allowed (there were exceptions, like a planet where the women outnumbered the men 10 to 1, but i can't remember their name). After the fall of the Empire, Luke skywalker reestablished that not all emotions were evil, and Jedi were allowed to marry again. "
    OK so we can say that emotions such as lust or love or hate are not allowed but dam man windu looks pissed all the time so i guess anger is ok?  and he is human so does he not have needs?
    vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vicsrealms
    @goldenkey: 

Yes, the Beskar, or Mandalorion Iron is only found on Mandalore and is extremely rare.  Its also extremely resistant to lightsabers and laser weapons.  There are plenty of books in the Star Wars universe where a Jedi or Sith gets a nice surprise when his/her lightsaber meets resistance instead of cutting right through.  I am obviously not happy with the way the Mandalorians were portrayed in this series.  If you want a better idea of what " REAL" Mando'ade are like then look up Karen Traviss's Republic Commando, Hard Contact, Triple Zero, True Colors, Order 66, Imerpial Commando 501st (which looks to be the last one in the series).

Ah, found it.  Karen Traviss last comment on her blog:  http://karentraviss.typepad.com/blog/2009/12/sooty-and-a-clean-sweep.html
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rein
    @speedlgt said:
    Like i said, it depends on the time period, but yes. During the clone wars love and lust were not allowed. And they are like monks. They have the basic needs, they just choose to repress them. That's why i love the sith.
    vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vicsrealms
    @rein said:
    " @speedlgt said: Like i said, it depends on the time period, but yes. During the clone wars love and lust were not allowed. And they are like monks. They have the basic needs, they just choose to repress them. That's why i love the sith. "
    At least among the Jedi following Yoda.  There was another group of Force Users at that time who did allow such attachments.  They may not have agreed with Yoda on those points but they were still allys of the Jedi and got involved in the Clone Wars.  Unfortunately, Order 66 took a huge toll on their numbers as well.  Calista who Luke would meet in on of the later novels was one such individual.
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rein
    @vicsrealms said:
    For some reason when you said castilla i thought you meant bastilla revans' girlfriend.
    Avatar image for deathdefyingdevil
    DeathDefyingDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's a stupid idea to give obi-wan a girlfriend obi-wan is a dedicated jedi and would never purposely break the code even if his life depended on it 
    I have now lost all respect for the Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Vance Astro said:
    "This cartoon is corny. "
    It has gotten darker though.  And Luminara makes it for me. 
    vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vicsrealms

Luminara is a great character, and she really shines in The Approaching Storm novel and the times she pops up int he cartoon series.  

Calista popped up in the Order 66 novel by Karen Traviss, and again in the Thrawn Trilogy...or was it the Hand of Thrawn (Its been a while since I have read these, as I just finished Rogue Planet so I have a ways to go before I reach that point again) and was kind of a short love interest for Luke.

KingKarate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He kind of deserves it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.