Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1111 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

Will Nova join the Avengers?

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jodez
    No Caption Provided

Well he's no Richard Rider, and he never will be but in issue 12 of AVX Sam Alexander proved he can be pretty badass when he has to...

I mean check it:

No Caption Provided
    Boom!
    Boom!

The Avengers were in a tough spot and thanks to Nova's efforts were able to save the day, earning him the respect of none other than The Mighty Thor, and an offer to be a part of the team:

No Caption Provided

So will he become a member? I know he has his own upcoming series by Jeph Loeb which is pretty cool in itself, but will he also be a part of Hickman's Avengers or New Avengers teams? Would be cool to see more of him but if not at least we'll have his ongoing.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

I hope so. Never got a chance to read AVX or his stuff, but he seems like a suitable candidate.

Nassirdada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nassirdada

Only Nova i care about is Richard.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crash_Recovery

It's very possible. Hickman's Avengers book alone looks like it may have as many as 14-16 characters rotating in and out.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back Richie, place him back in the Secret Avengers rotation and make him a mentor to Sam.

Allow Sam to blossom with the experience of someone who is well versed in utilising the Nova Force to a greater potential.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Hope not.

Probably the most superfluous character created in the last decade, and Loeb apparently has no idea who Nova is.

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jodez

Not really a big fan of Sam either, but I love Nova so I'll take what I can get

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Cap10nate

I just want an explanation on what has occurred since the Thanos Imperative. Rider and Quill sacrifice themselves to keep Thanos in the Canerverse as it collapsed around them. Thanos and Starlord are now back in action in Avengers Assembled (which I believe is cannon) and Sam has the Nova force.

Was it explained how the Nova Force came back online or how Sam became Nova?

Or how Thanos and Quill are alive?

Or if Rider is still alive?

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Greendevil

@Cap10nate said:

I just want an explanation on what has occurred since the Thanos Imperative. Rider and Quill sacrifice themselves to keep Thanos in the Canerverse as it collapsed around them. Thanos and Starlord are now back in action in Avengers Assembled (which I believe is cannon) and Sam has the Nova force.

Was it explained how the Nova Force came back online or how Sam became Nova?

Or how Thanos and Quill are alive?

Or if Rider is still alive?

This

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself

they definitely need to explain how Starlord and Blackbolt have came back but still no sign of Richard Ryder....doesn't seem right

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Iragexcudder

I honestly don't think Rich is dead. The writers just brought another nova into it just so when Rich does come back, AND HE WILL, there will be some tension and hostility. Richard > Sam

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.