Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1110 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

What do you think about the new Nova?

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sgu823

Personally, I don't like. He's a step backwards from what the original Nova was. Richard Rider was one of my favorite characters and DnA did a great job transforming him from a Spider-Man/Green Lantern ripoff into a respectable hero who could lead people like Ronan the Accuser and the Silver Surfer during Annihilation Wave and Thanos Imperative.

This new kid is just a way for Jeph Loeb to market his god awful TV show.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

This should be in General Discussion.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FuriousWeasel

However good he could be there is still the specter of the original Nova (An awesome character IMHO)hanging over him. Marvel should bring back Rider as a cosmic hero and maybe keep Alexander as the Nova assigned to Earth. (And yes the current Spidey cartoon in terrible)

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

He's the worst Marvel creation in recent years and I haven't read anything with him in it. That's how much I hate the fact that they got rid of Rider, and then stepped on his grave with Avengers Assemble. Hell, you could replace him with Batman and I'd still hate it.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Meteorite

The terrible thing about him is that his creation is unnecessary. I've just finished re-reading my DnA issues recently, and there was still a ton of potential for what to do with the character - and then they had to go and kill him off. The only reason I can think of is sales was causing his book to drop, so they decided to kill Nova off as an excuse to stop the book.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Degalon

@SGU823:

1) True with the TV Show.

2) It's just the fact that he's COMPLETELY Unnecessary. Rider was just left in space, and at least Star Lord has already returned. Marvel deaths don't last very long at ALL (at least DC deaths last a good 20 years, on average).

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However good he could be there is still the specter of the original Nova (An awesome character IMHO)hanging over him. Marvel should bring back Rider as a cosmic hero and maybe keep Alexander as the Nova assigned to Earth. (And yes the current Spidey cartoon in terrible)

mdamasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really liking Sam Alexander and the new Nova run. He has nothing in common with the Sam on the terrible Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. I read DnA's entire run on Nova and loved it but I don't see this new nova as replacing him and have no problem with more than one nova. I mean before the Nova Corp was destroyed there was hundreds of thousands of novas

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.