Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1102 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

nova suggestions please?

Carbon_Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i hope there's no rule against asking for help here? lol these forums are weird.

anyway! I've just finished Nova Vol.4 and I've started Vol.5 it's safe to say I've fallen in love, Nova jumped up there in my favorites pretty fast.

can anyone recommend something which follows/branches or was before nova Vol. 4? this story was so good, liked almost as much as i like invincible.

ALSO:

does it really end at 36? it felt like there was so much left! and the last page had a picture of Thanos i think, why? what's nova got to do with Thanos?

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By greenlucario

I'm not sure about prior reading but if you want to finish volume 4 read "The Thanos Imperative" It wraps up both Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy. You may need to read some of GotG in order to understand it better but it does wrap up Nova which is why I read it originally.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

@carbon_rod:

There are two main stories that I think you should read for more on Richard Rider. Annihilation and the Thanos Imperative. Annihilation immediately precedes Vol. 4 while the Thanos Imperative is the conclusion of it.

Annihilation is one of my favorite stories of all time. It set up just about everything in the modern Marvel Cosmic Universe and showed the change of Richard Rider from the wise cracking New Warrior of old to the intergalactic general that he becomes. Annihilation is a 6 issue story that is supplemented with a variety of prequels that show how everything gets to where it is when issue 1 of Annihilation starts. There are prequels for Nova, Ronan, Super Skrull, and Silver Surfer. Of these, Annihilation: Nova is the most critical and the best story in my opinion. If you don't want to buy them all, I would recommend the 4 issue Nova prequel and the 6 issue main story. If you want to read it all, it is collected in three volumes called Annihilation Book 1, 2, and 3 which can all be found on Comixology. I don't think you will regret reading this story if you enjoyed Nova vol. 4.

The Thanos Imperative wraps up most of what Annihilation started. It is more of a direct continuation of the events in the Guardians of the Galaxy series that is written by the same duo that wrote Nova Vol 4. It is a four issue story that has a prequel called Thanos Imperative: Ignition which should fill you in on what you need to know without reading the GOTG series and an epilogue called Thanos Imperative: Devastation. It is a fantastic wrap up to the Richard Rider story and is also one of my favorite space stories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.