J'onn J'onzz was made the leader of a Martian colony. When one of his people was murdered, he left to find out who was responsible. N'orr Cott followed him, thinking him a traitor for abandoning his people.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength - All Martians have strength levels comparable to Kryptonians and Daxamites that are under the effects of yellow sun radiation.
- Invulnerability - He has Martian Invulnerability.
- Flight - Like all the Martians, he is capable of self-propelled flight.
- Super Speed - Martians have speed similar to Kryptonians. This speed applies to running, flying, processing thoughts, and reacting.
- Telepathy - All Martians are skilled telepaths, capable of mind reading, illusion casting, limited mind control, and other mental manipulations.
- Shape-shifting - Martians have a high level of shape-shifting ability that stems from complete control over their molecular structure. They can alter their shape, appearance, size, density (to the point where they can move through objects), and even their chemical make-up.
- Regeneration - Martians have rapid powerful regenerative abilities.
- Invisibility - Martians can render themselves invisible.
- Martian Vision - Martians projects heat vision-like blasts from their eyes capable of harming Superman.
- X-Ray Vision - J'onn J'onzz described this ability colloquially as ionized particulate matter mapped to a variable density wavepacket. It allows them to see through objects.