Follow

Norman Osborn

Character » Norman Osborn appears in 2559 issues.

The amoral industrialist Norman Osborn was transformed by an experimental serum into the maniacal Green Goblin, and has endured over the decades as Spider-Man's most dreaded archenemy. Osborn is known for being the killer of Gwen Stacy, the architect of the Clone Saga, and the one-time director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Willem Dafoe: 'Norman Osborn' To 'John Carter'

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_
    Willem Dafoe as 'Norman Osborn'
    I am a big fan of Willem Dafoe; I think he is a phenomenal actor and he portrayed Norman Osborn in the Spiderman film extremely accurately. It looks like the man in green is going to strip down for his next role! That's right the ' Green Goblin's' next role will be ' John Connor of Mars' in his next film, which will be directed by Andrew Stanton (WALL-E) and will be Stanton's first attempt at a live action film. The report, according to Variety, indicated that Dafoe will play alongside two actors that played in Wolverine Origins only recently. Taylor Kirsch wo played the role of ' Gambit,' and Lynn Collins who played ' Silver Fox' Kitsch will be playing the title character who is transported to Mars, and Collins will play the Princess. The film is set for release in 2012. Did you ever read any of the John Carter comic books? Are you looking forward to seeing this film? It seems to have a solid creative team and it should be interesting!
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I've never read the books and to be honest I'm not all that impressed with Kirsch's acting ability. But on the other hand I'm in total agreement with Babs. Dafoe is an incredible actor who only knows how to make hot movies. I am now curious to find out more about the comicbook series.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sora_thekey

If Williem Dafoe and Lynn Collins are staring I'm watching.... they are awesome actors....

I've heard of John Carter but I'm not sure what it is about...

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Aw man, I thought Dafoe was going to be John Carter (don't care if he's "old").  Had me all excited Babs. Kirsch? He did not impress me. (That Silver Fox chick didn't either.) Anyway, didn't know they had made comics of the novels. 

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedK
    even the goblin likes Dafoe

Knightwraithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Knightwraithe

I LOVED the John Carter books - they were my favorite by Edgar Rice Burroghs (Tarzan is OK, but the Martian adventures were so much better)...and Marvel's run on the comics was pretty fun to read. 

I'm going to assume that Dafoe will be Deja Thoris' father (though I guess he could be a Green Martian - hmmm...from the Green Goblin to a 9-12 foot tall, tusked warrior with 4-arms and swords - nice change)...

The idea of Taylor Kirsch as John Carter and Lynn Collins as Deja Thoris is great...this is a movie I will be watching out for...

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Media_Master

sounds interesting

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bruce Vain

Dafoe is just a phenomenal actor anything he's in I'll watch it. It's a shame he won't be returning for Boondock Saints 2. He was another reason why that movie was great.

Also, read that Thomas Haden Church will be in it but the role hasn't been specificed yet.

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

wuts this?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NightFang3

Cant wait!

Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Captain Cascader

Is it wrong of me to hope that this is an entirely campy affair? The John Carter stuff was always hilarious as far as the art style went.

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By TheSavageAssasin
    @RedK said:
    " even the goblin likes Dafoe

"
    Thats Hilarious
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By jefprice

Lol I just sold my set of these, they were pretty fun. I'll go see this gladly. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.