starkiller809's Nightwing #3 - Past and Present review

Avatar image for starkiller809
    • starkiller809 wrote this review on .
    • starkiller809 has written a total of 458 reviews. The last one was for HC/SC

Dick Grayson's Circus

Last issue was an amazing one that we got to see people for Dick Grayson's past come back into his life. Now we get to see what was happened before and what is happening now.

THE GOOD:
    The art is really good. It captures motion and emotion very well and I think that they have the perfect artist on this series because it gives it a tone and keeps it throughout the story. The story is really what got me liking this though. We get to see Dick Grayson before he was taken in by Bruce Wayne and before he became Robin. I also really like him seeing hallucination and him trying to tell himself that they aren't really. I am also really like the emotion part of this so far. I also really like his new supporting cast and I hope that they stay around for a while.

THE BAD:
    I'm not really sure if he is going to take the circus or is he going to just stay away. I would like to know because that would tell us where this series is going to take place.

THE VERDICT: 4.5/5 (Amazing)
    Nightwing has surprised me. I knew that he was an interesting character but I never knew how interesting he was until I read this series. What the writer is doing is interesting and it feels like it is covering new ground. I really like the art. I also really am enjoying the supporting cast and I really hope that they keep them around longer because I think that they could contribute to some great Nightwing stories to come down the line.