Follow

Nightrunner

Character » Nightrunner appears in 34 issues.

Nightrunner is a well trained athlete in parkour from the Clichy-sous-Bois of Paris. He was recruited by Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson to be France's representative of Batman Incorporated.

Wait... WHAT?!

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fantasgasmic

So y'all remember the issue of Batman Inc. where both Batmen were in Paris, and they introduced Nightrunner? At the end of the issue they had a second feature about his backstory (Parisian muslim whose friend was killed uses parkour, or free-running, to… ummm… run and… jump and… did I say run already? Wait, what DOES he do anyway?!). Well it turns out crazy bloggers on the internet have a problem with this. You can read more about it here. Here too. Maybe I think this is asinine because I'm a crazy left wing pinko (except that I'm not), maybe its because I hate America (not that either), or want the terrorists to "win" (wrong again). Maybe I'm a secret Muslim like the president (neither of those are true, and if he was Muslim why do people get so mad about his former priest?) 

Alas, the real reason this story upsets me is twofold: One blogger states that he thinks the book will "CONFUSE" people about "what's really going on." Like he thinks comic readers will believe that there actually IS a Batman Incorporated? I mean who could forget that all comic book readers ACTUALLY thought there was a year when the VERY REAL PEOPLE Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman went missing after the ALSO NOT FAKE AT ALL Infinite Crisis?! Oh… that's not what he meant by "confused about what's really going on," Well that makes me even more upset. As racist or xenophobic or whatever you want to call it, as many of those comments are, the racists/xenophobes are ignoring the fact that it's obviously a world of make believe. 

When it gets down to brass tacks, the racism isn't even the part I have the big problem with. I can read a racist statement and be like "oh well they're racist, I don't need to listen to them." What really grinds my gears is when they try to make it sound like they actually relate to the people they THINK are being "deceived" by a comic book. If they think an Algerian muslim Parisian superhero doesn't jibe with their view of reality, all they have to do is be dismissive and racist and it wouldn't come off as so underhandedly asshole-ish. Just say "oh, a muslim who is a good guy, that's how you know it's a fantasy world," and be an obvious racist asshole and be done with it. 

And then there's the fact that some people write their opinions down on a web-based internet page and expect other people to CARE about them. I mean,. "blogs" come on. What kind of self-rightous, opinionated jerk thinks other people would want to read their opinions?!

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Oh wow. Seriously? I absolutely loved Nightrunner. Especially when Mr. Unknown became 'Batman,' and Nightrunner stayed Nightrunner. Ugh, it's times like this I'm reminded why I have no faith in the human race. 

Also, you do know it's kind of ironic to say ask what kind of self-righteous jerks think other people want to read their opinions on a blog ON A BLOG? Not that I have anything wrong with yours. It brought my attention to this yet another reason to hate the mass waves of stupid people out there.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    @The Mighty Monarch said:
    "Also, you do know it's kind of ironic to say ask what kind of self-righteous jerks think other people want to read their opinions on a blog ON A BLOG?"
    That was the joke.
    TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TheRedRobin

I think it's pretty bad how racist some people are 
    peregrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 56

#4  Edited By peregrine

Its funny that right-wingers are got nuts over Nightrunner, yet we have had a muslim superhero who wore a burqa called Dust, who even appeared a few times on the "Wolverine and the X-Men"cartoon on Nickleodeon and our kids haven't converted to Islam. I think Nightrunner is a cool hero with a wicked costume..he fills the Nightwing gap left by Dick's "promotion" to Batman
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By batmanary
    @Peregrine: Yeah I definitely want to see more of his adventures...
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Man Why can't people just see Comics are a form of art, and not take anything in it so damn seriously. racist just disgust me to the core. Great Blog by the way bro,glad someone brought this up,damn Rightwing Bloggers.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

I found it more funny that there couldn't be a frenchie Batman.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself
    @crazed h3ro said:
    " Man Why can't people just see Comics are a form of art, and not take anything in it so damn seriously. racist just disgust me to the core. Great Blog by the way bro,glad someone brought this up,damn Rightwing Bloggers. "
    I agree....Whatever happened to reading comics and enjoying them instead of hating everything
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crazed_h3ro
    @danhimself: Hi five bro!
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

lol I agree with everything you said 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.