Follow

Nick Fury

Character » Nick Fury appears in 4272 issues.

Nicholas Joseph Fury served in World War II as the leader of the Howling Commandos. He later became an agent, and eventually director, of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury is one of the greatest strategic minds in the world, a born leader and a master of espionage. He currently serves as a replacement Watcher.

Removing Sgt Fury from the Howling commandos

sgtnickrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sgtnickrage

How are they going to explain the removal of Sgt. Fury from the Howling commandos in the new Captain america Movie? As you can guess, he is one of my favorite characters. I seen that they have the rest of the Howling Commandos. 

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Shadow_Thief

An excellent question. It seems like the films are drawing pretty liberally from both the standard and the Ultimate story lines, with generous doses of Hollywood "originality" thrown in.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Well Fury's going to be in the movie, but we just don't know if he'll be in the Howling Commandos  or not. He could play a big role and they could've not included him in the trailers for spoiler reasons

sgtnickrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sgtnickrage
    @Shadow_Thief: I seen in the avenger cartoon that they hint that there was a Sgt  who happened to be the modern African American Nick Fury's grandfather. I could live with that explanation.
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gravitypress

They could always make the name transfer to the new head of SHIELD

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

Yeah I could see it being his father or grandfather. I guess they could have Nick Fury being alive back then and his aging slowed down but that would kinda remove the uniqueness of Cap living since then.

sgtnickrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sgtnickrage
    @gravitypress: Like the CIA agent in the A team movie?
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gravitypress

Never saw the A-team movie but if they make the name inherited from a predecessor to protect their families it would make sense.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

They could play off of Mightiest Heroes and make Fury's grandfather white. It isn't so farfetched since they don't call the United States the melting pot for nothing.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
    @sesquipedalophobe said:
    They could play off of Mightiest Heroes and make Fury's grandfather white. It isn't so farfetched since they don't call the United States the melting pot for nothing.
    epic answer
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Gambit1024
    @sesquipedalophobe said:
    I'd be totally ok with this, lol
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Since the movie Fury seems to be more derived from the Ultimate Line I am guessing either they are going to remove Fury's grandfather from the Howling Commandos or they just haven't shown him in any of the spoilers. I am gonna go with the latter so as not to confuse the comic-illiterate public who are going to be going to see the movie. But maybe I am wrong and they're just saving him for the movie. I mean we haven't really seen much of HYDRA other then a few goons and Red Skull.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.