Follow

Nick Fury

Character » Nick Fury appears in 4273 issues.

Nicholas Joseph Fury served in World War II as the leader of the Howling Commandos. He later became an agent, and eventually director, of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury is one of the greatest strategic minds in the world, a born leader and a master of espionage. He currently serves as a replacement Watcher.

Could Nick Fury Appear In The Marvel Movie Universe?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Hi Everyone.

I heard about Nick Fury Jr. a few days and it got me thinking. Some people seem to agree that he looks like Nick Fury from the films, and might have been written in to give new readers a Nick Fury they'll recognise.

So I'm wondering, is it possible that Nick Fury in the films could be revealed to be Nick Fury Jr.? If that was the case, that means Nick Fury Sr. could appear somewhere. Dum Dum Dugan exists in the movie universe, so it seems possible that they could make a Sergeant Fury And His Howling Commandos film set around the same sort of time as Captain America.

I don't know how likely it is, but I suppose it could happen.

Would anyone like to see such a film?

Scarlotte.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Anyone?

budonkadonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By budonkadonk

Would've loved to have seen it. I think that Mark Harmon would've been an excellent Nick Fury.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@budonkadonk: I had to look up who that is, but yeah, he looks like he could work.

Avatar image for darthdestructor
    DarthDestructor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love if original Nick Fury will appear in "Argent Carter" tv show as a father of Sam Jackson nick :)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

i dont really see the need for it to be honest.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I'm not sure if there really is a particular need for it, but it seems like he could be out there somewhere doing secret things. Watching events, and gathering equipment, etc. There could be a plotline somewhere that his presence could be useful for. :)

@darthdestructor: Now that that show has been announced, this seems like a place he could appear. I'm not sure how likely it is that he would be with the Howling Commandos, as they were referenced with out him in Winter Soldier, but he could be an early SHIELD person. :)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@v_scarlotte_rose: I don't really like the idea. It would diminish "Nick Jr"s role by just having him be the "son of the real Nick Fury". Is having a black man as the main Nick Fury in the movies really so horrible?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

1. Of course Jr. was made for readers who watched the film, how else do you explain Fury having a kid who looks exactly like Sam Jackson :)

2. I think it's possible, after all Sam Jackson may not do these films forever, so they may say that "Nick Fury" is a code name. We may also see classic Fury in the Agent Carter TV show that's coming up, they could use the code name or son excuse to explain that.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Yeah, it could be cool to see him in that. I hear that Nick Fury Jr. has also been known as Marcus Johnson, so a code name system could work.

@avenging_x_bolt: I would have thought Nick Fury Sr. would be regarded as "the father of the real Nick Fury", seeing as Samuel L. Jacksons Nick Fury is already established in the universe, but I suppose it could go either way. This isn't a question of race/ethnicity, I just thought it could be cool to add more characters to expand the universe a bit, and potentially create some more ties between the past and present.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Poor original Nick Fury..

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@v_scarlotte_rose: To be honest, I'd be surprised if we didn't see him in that. If Marvel loves us enough to give us Howard the Duck, then I think they're willing to give us everything they can.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

To be honest, I wish somebody thought of Nick Fury making an appearance in Agent Carter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.