Follow

New York Comic Con 2013

Concept » New York Comic Con 2013 appears in 24 issues.

October 10-13 at the Javits Center.

NYCC 2013: All New Marvel Now! Information Reveal

• 166 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Marvel had even more announcements coming out of New York Comic Con today, as well as the rest of the weekend. It's almost too much to keep up with. Here's some changes to some series you already know and a few new book announcements that may blow your mind.

No Caption Provided

ALL NEW X-FACTOR. Written by Peter David (X-FACTOR) and art by Carmine Di Giandomenico (X-MEN: MAGNETO: TESTAMENT). Setting to launch in 2014.

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS UNDERCOVER, which features survivors and is a follow-up to AVENGERS ARENA. Written by Dennis Hopeless (AVENGERS ARENA) and art by Kev Walker (2000 A.D.). Hitting stores in March 2014.

Cover by Phil Noto
    Cover by Phil Noto

BLACK WIDOW. Written by Nathan Edmondson (THE ACTIVITY) and art by Phil Noto (UNCANNY X-FORCE). Debuting in 2014.

Cover by Leinil Francis Yu
    Cover by Leinil Francis Yu

CAPTAIN MARVEL, a new on-going series. Written by Kelly Sue DeConnick (CAPTAIN MARVEL) and art by David Lopez (NEW MUTANTS). Coming out March of 2014.

Cover by Frank Cho
    Cover by Frank Cho

LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD. Written by Al Ewing (2000 A.D.) and art by Lee Garbett (X-O MANOWAR). Hitting your LCS in Febuary, 2014.

Cover by Tradd Moore
    Cover by Tradd Moore

ALL NEW GHOST RIDER. Written by Felipe Smith and art by Tradd Moore (DEADPOOL). Debuting in March.

No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL: THE GAUNTLET, a 13-part, Infinite Comics mini-series. Written by Gerry Duggan (DEADPOOL) and art by Reilly Brown (CABLE & DEADPOOL). Coming to a computer or tablet near you in January.

Cover by Julian Totino Tedesco
    Cover by Julian Totino Tedesco

THUNDERBOLTS #20. Written by Charles Soule (SWAMP THING) and art from Carlo Barberi (ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN). Ghost Rider joins the team this upcoming January.

No Caption Provided

ELEKTRA. Written by Zeb Wells (NEW MUTANTS) and art by Mike Del Mundo (X-MEN LEGACY cover artist).

No Caption Provided

NEW WARRIORS. Written by Christopher Yost (RED ROBIN) and art by Marcus To.

No Caption Provided

PUNISHER. Written by Nathan Edmondson and art by Mitch Gerads.

There you have it. There's a whole bunch of new series and a few shake ups going at Marvel. For even more information on these books, check out the Marvel site. What series are you guys looking forward to? Which one has you super-interested?

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

i will be checking out Black Widow. Thats probably it besides new warriors. nothing super exciting for me this comic con. just have to keep reading SSM

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Trevel8182

Jesus Comicvine I know the site doesn't have 30 people working for it but your inability to report the news on a timely basis is ridiculous I've know about this stuff through Cbr, Newsarama and Bleedingcool all day and your just reporting on it, I love the site but come on!

No Caption Provided

You missed one or 20 announcements!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting all of them

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm looking forward to Captain Marvel (hopefully Monica Rambeau is a cast member and Carol faces apocalyptic space threats like Thanos and Galactus and the Skrull or Kree) and X-Factor.

Hopefully Black Widow also sells well.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may check out Captain Marvel, All New Ghost Rider, and maybe Black Widow if it gets good reviews.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

the bad: the last black widow series sucked. give up the ghost and give spider-woman an going please and for goddess sake storm!! if you're going to renumber captain marvel let carol be ms. marvel again please!!

the good: X-FACTOR TIMES TEN!! dont know who the other two are but glad to see quicksilver, polaris and gambit. will be interesting to see how this team comes together. avengers undercover looks cool solely by the cover. loki!!! but what about kid loki? does he grow up or will there be two lokis? (lokae?)

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Comicvine I know the site doesn't have 30 people working for it but your inability to report the news on a timely basis is ridiculous I've know about this stuff through Cbr, Newsarama and Bleedingcool all day and your just reporting on it, I love the site but come on!

No Caption Provided

calm your beard man. dont piss and moan about having to look to other sites for announcements. did those other sites have the videos that comic vine did? no. and yeah they didnt announce everything but if you were looking at those other sites then you know all there is to be announced. so calm down. pull your foot out of your mouth and be happy. there are new marvel comics to look forward to.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@trevel8182 said:

We have two people working, from a convention center with no internet access and a hotel with "meh" internet access.

Congrats on knowing this information before I posted this. That makes you the best, right?

I'm going to bed.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

Breathe... breathe... when I heard Black Widow was getting a book I was happy but sad Elektra wasn't... bu-bu-bu. Plus a Ms Marvel book... New Warriors! Loki and X-Factor?!?! Okay I know like maybe 5 people will read this post but if you are one of those five people please beg everyone you got to school with, work with, family members, extended family members and friends to start buying all these books thanks please? I don't want them cancelled in 6 months due to low sales. Cheers in advance!

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trevel8182 said:

We have two people working, from a convention center with no internet access and a hotel with "meh" internet access.

Congrats on knowing this information before I posted this. That makes you the best, right?

I'm going to bed.

i love you mat. you are good man. i support all your efforts and greatly appreciate them! thank you for all you did this weekend!

NoahMcnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider and punisher are all im interested in here

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@trevel8182 said:

I'm going to bed.

i love you mat. you are good man. i support all your efforts and greatly appreciate them! thank you for all you did this weekend!

I love you all, no matter what anyone says. I'm just cranky as hell. I'm going to smoke and go to sleep.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TobenRacicot

@sc said:

Breathe... breathe... when I heard Black Widow was getting a book I was happy but sad Elektra wasn't... bu-bu-bu. Plus a Ms Marvel book... New Warriors! Loki and X-Factor?!?! Okay I know like maybe 5 people will read this post but if you are one of those five people please beg everyone you got to school with, work with, family members, extended family members and friends to start buying all these books thanks please? I don't want them cancelled in 6 months due to low sales. Cheers in advance!

im reading new warriors and will check out punisher and black widow. so i will do what i can to help

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Why I am the Bad guy hear this is fair complaint this a Professional Comic Site and every other Professional Comic Site reported on this news when it happened not 24 hours later. The site says Review,News,Videos,Forum, and Wiki, not yesterdays news today.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: And thank you for the work you put in this week I just want this site to be my one stop shop for comics everything and when this keeps happening I can't make it that.

marvelman2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

definitely getting all new ghost rider, thunderbolts #20 and PUNISHER YES YES YES hes coming back wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Kaine part of the New Warriors? I'm intrigued. As well as with Black Widow. I'm still on the fence about Thunderbolts, since with Venom getting cancelled that's the only title he's in, plus now with Ghost Rider that'd be pretty awesome. Can anyone tell me if Thunderbolts is any better than it was? Is Flash still a part of that team?

And did I miss something but doesn't Captain Marvel currently still have an ongoing? What's with the "new" Captain Marvel ongoing?

FrozenForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FrozenForce

Yes Ghost Rider LOVE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 SC  Moderator

@inferiorego said:

Your a beautiful person Mat with magnificent facial hair. Wait too far? Heh heh hope you get a good rest. Thank you for being Santa and bringing me an Elektra book. ^_^

@sc said:

im reading new warriors and will check out punisher and black widow. so i will do what i can to help

Heh heh thanks mate! I always get a bittersweet sense when I see new books announced, because inevitably they tend to lose numbers and get cancelled but I'd be happy if all these books get around 20 issues. X-Factor should definitely. New Warriors has done good in the past and I am excited for that since was so unexpected to me. Hopefully Widow can ride her Avengers popularity, I won't even care if they try and use that exposure to sell her. Zeb Wells Elektra writing is also really good so fingers crossed all around. ^_^

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By cobra88king8

@trevel8182: You do realize a majority of their team is at NYCC working and they are busy going to all of the panels that they can so that they can report on it. Besides I don't go to comicvine for their quickness I enjoy it because of the personalities, and CV's personalities stand out a hell of a lot more than any of those other sites you mentioned

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

And did I miss something but doesn't Captain Marvel currently still have an ongoing? What's with the "new" Captain Marvel ongoing?

It's just a renumbering and new direction (SPACE!) for the same book. Marvel renumbers their titles from time to time to make them more accessible and draw in a new audience

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@mercy_ said:

@granitesoldier said:

It's just a renumbering and new direction (SPACE!) for the same book. Marvel renumbers their titles from time to time to make them more accessible and draw in a new audience

Ok I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. I like Captain Marvel but am a few issues behind currently so I wasn't sure what was going on. Glad she isn't getting canned.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

ok all of those look AWESOME wonder if they will be as awesome as they look

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Ghost Rider and Punisher. Thats is all.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By 2cool4fun

Why is Ms. Marvel now called captain marvel? Didn't they already have a guy called Captain Marvel?

Also, another avengers book? Really? There avengers are almost as bad as DC's batman books.

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bunkerbuster05

@trevel8182 said:

@inferiorego: And thank you for the work you put in this week I just want this site to be my one stop shop for comics everything and when this keeps happening I can't make it that.

Ugh. If you knew anything about this site you would know it has the smallest team on the planet, and even then they give us so much content.

You do realize Tony is the ONLY person who works at the comicvine studio? Everyone else works from home, and goes to conventions to help out. It's Jen and Mat. That's it. It's hard to do so much work with so little help. The amount of news that comes out of cons is staggering.

If you're going to be a jerk, maybe you shouldn't come here. I for one am thankful for every piece of content I see, and how personal the editors are with us. Not many other sites have the editors actually comment on their articles, and talk to us like people.

Now I'm being a jerk. I just hate to see this place get ragged on.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh heh thanks mate! I always get a bittersweet sense when I see new books announced, because inevitably they tend to lose numbers and get cancelled but I'd be happy if all these books get around 20 issues. X-Factor should definitely. New Warriors has done good in the past and I am excited for that since was so unexpected to me. Hopefully Widow can ride her Avengers popularity, I won't even care if they try and use that exposure to sell her. Zeb Wells Elektra writing is also really good so fingers crossed all around. ^_^

yeah well since venom and scarlet spider are canceled there are some holes in my pull list and scarlet spider in new warriors automatically qualifies that book plus i want to support Marcus To. He is a great guy and i really like his art. And why not try out some other stuff. I have always liked Marvel and some of this stuff looks promising. Wish there was a Moon Knight announcement though...

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobra88king8: That's what I love about the site too but there owned by Cbs now a big professional company there not funded by Tony's mom in some garbage they've made it to the big time and as much as I'm complaining about the news I love people on the site, I love personalities, I love the podcasts, I love the video interview and the forum but this whole news thing keeps happening there's has to be something they can do to fix this also if they go to the panels why aren't reporting while they at the panel?

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trevel8182 said:

Ugh. If you knew anything about this site you would know it has the smallest team on the planet, and even then they give us so much content.

You do realize Tony is the ONLY person who works at the comicvine studio? Everyone else works from home, and goes to conventions to help out. It's Jen and Mat. That's it. It's hard to do so much work with so little help. The amount of news that comes out of cons is staggering.

If you're going to be a jerk, maybe you shouldn't come here. I for one am thankful for every piece of content I see, and how personal the editors are with us. Not many other sites have the editors actually comment on their articles, and talk to us like people.

totally back you up on this. i got your back jack!

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By saoakden

There is a number of things I'm interested that was announced at NYCC.

I'm thinking about checking about the X-Factor book mainly because Gambit is it and New Warriors since the Scarlet Spider is in it. Who knows maybe the series. I'm thinking about picking up Black Widow, Elektra, Captain Marvel, and maybe start investing in Thunderbolts. I'm looking forward to the Loki series, The Ghost Rider, and the Punisher.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

PUNISHER!!!! Feck yes!

Ghost Rider looks........really disappointing but I'll still check it out. Could surprise me so who knows.

Bout time Elektra had her own series again.

Nice hips Carol.

If it makes you feel better, CV is late with the majority of comic book news whether there is a convention or not. That's not why most of a us come here though. We have one of the best forums that I've seen and I could probably listen to G-Man read from the dictionary.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Sweet.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I. I am so glad we finally have a thread to talk about this. I been waiting all weekend.

II. I should be writing my essay right now... DAMN!

III. I am interested in Avengers Undercover because Anachronism and Bloodstone are definitely on it. I am also interested in this new Ghost Rider. CA all day! I also like that Punisher is going to the city of lost angels. HAHAHA!

IV. I am ify about AN X-Factor. I am not sure about it is all. I am happy for Elektra and Tasha but I'm not gonna pick them up. I am also probably not going to get New Warriors. I love Kaine... but ... look, I love Thompson too but I disliked his Secret Avengers title. I am not digging the T-bolts title so I do not want to be force to get New Warriors because Kaine is in the team.

If I was a spoiled rich brat, I would totally have the biggest pull list of all time. There are TOO Many good books out here.

I care not for Loki Agent of Asgard. I hope it does amazingly well but... I am just not THAT into it. Lastly, I hope Deadpool keeps doing well like his Good Bad Ugly arc did. I wish Declan didn't have to leave. He might just end up in my favorite artist list.

the bad: the last black widow series sucked. give up the ghost and give spider-woman an going please and for goddess sake storm!! if you're going to renumber captain marvel let carol be ms. marvel again please!!

the good: X-FACTOR TIMES TEN!! dont know who the other two are but glad to see quicksilver, polaris and gambit. will be interesting to see how this team comes together. avengers undercover looks cool solely by the cover. loki!!! but what about kid loki? does he grow up or will there be two lokis? (lokae?)

Forgive me but I am personally very interested in this new Ghost Rider, Roberto Reyes. From his name it sounds like he will be of hispanic descent and he will reside in EAST LA, MY FREAKING Neighborhood YO. This is the first time I feel connected to a hero in a different way. I hope he does well.
    If the Universe loves you enough maybe in 2015 Spider-Woman and Storm will get a series after they cancel some Avenger titles and/or All New X-Men (forgive me fans, I just think they need to go back to their present already.)
    IV.

Yes Ghost Rider LOVE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is actually a brand new Ghost Rider. I don't know if you are aware of that. I do wonder however which Ghost Rider will join the Thunderbolts will it be Blaze, Ketch, or this new Reyes.

( +)

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Puh, thought we were going to lose Scarlet Spider for ever. Why are they rebooting (or whatever) Captain Marvel? Do they want it to be Marvel NOW!? I hope they won't do that to Daredevil. Or do that, but keep the creative team.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaine...

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Welcome back, Frank, your new creative team looks good

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm still not sure how I feel about All-New X-Factor. X-Factor is my favourite comic but I think I'd prefer to see Peter David work on something new when he's been on X-Factor for so long.

I don't mean to complain though, I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

I'm so getting new warriors

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40  Edited By scouts1998

is captian marvel going back to #1 or will it be #x.1

also x-factor, captian marvel, punisher and elektra have great covers (or promo images)

and the deadpool one is funny

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By lifeboy

I just researced the images for the Captain Marvel artist. I can draw better than him.

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
    iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iragulasuperbia

When they cancel Avengers Arena, I'll start picking up Avengers Undercover. All-New X-Factor and New Warriors looks interesting, but I'll have to drop some other titles to pick them up.

It's been a while since I've read some X-Men stuff - I recognize Quicksilver, Polaris, and Gambit on that cover, but are the other two new characters? I also only recognize about three of the characters on New Warriors, but I'm eager to learn.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By patrat18

Punisher.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Ah man when is Songbird coming back? I can't believe the Avengers 'Murder' Arena and the "Murder' Bolts are being continued. Why does Marvel seem so confident in throwing away well loved characters for no apparent reason.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Glad that we have a new Punisher series. It's about time.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Trevel8182

@bunkerbuster05 said:

@trevel8182 said:

totally back you up on this. i got your back jack!

Well I'm grateful you have my back, also your making me out to sound like the worst person on the planet. Every comment Ive left end's in me saying how much I love the site, sorry I want to give my honest feedback on a real problem the site has and it's a real problem also Ive been on this site longer then both of you and love more then both of you!

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see X-Factor isn't gone forever! So much great stuff was announced. Is it a rule that something has to come out this week for it to be on the "Best Covers" section? Because if it wasn't, these would surely be up there...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@guttridgeb said:

I'm still not sure how I feel about All-New X-Factor. X-Factor is my favourite comic but I think I'd prefer to see Peter David work on something new when he's been on X-Factor for so long.

I don't mean to complain though, I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

If you're worried about the quality going down then don't be :P, remember, david has written hulk for like 12 years. he'll manage.

though i have to agree, would be nice if marvel gave him more titles.

I'm not at all worried about the quality, I'd just like to see him on something different :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.