dmstarz's New X-Men #143 - The World review

Avatar image for dmstarz

dmstarz's favourite marvel comic cover no175

Okay, was it just me or was Fantomex a really difficult character to get your head round? From what I can remember, his central nervous system was located outside his body and he was part of the Weapon X programme. It was just all very confusing. Still, how could you best represent this character? Well, I think Chris Bachalo nailed it. Playing on his ethereal nature, the above cover has him apparently appearing mystically before the reader in a beautifully clear portrait. In a run of covers featuring outstanding portraiture, this still really stands out.

I have ranked this cover no 175 as part of a long term project I am producing on my own blog 'marvel-ous' on blogspot.com re: my favourite marvel comic book covers. Please visit http://dmstarz.blogspot.com and check out the other covers that have made my top 250.