• 63 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Over the course of the next four days we will be seeing some more news from Marvel about some new things they have cooking up. Monday's live-blog event kicked off with a bang when Marvel revealed a new cross-over mini event titled 'Exiled' that will bring JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY and NEW MUTANTS together. The event will take up five issues and will launch with a one-shot book titled EXILED.

'Exiled' event teaser by Stephanie Hans
    'Exiled' event teaser by Stephanie Hans

The story will then bounce between the two titles and will be written by both Kieron Gillen and Andy Lanning. According to Gillen, the two books are connected because there is a shared history "between the New Mutants and Asgard." Marvel released a very cool spread illustrated by Stephanie Han (which can be seen above) to commemorate the 'Exiled' event. The book's interiors will be illustrated by artist Carmine Di Giandomenico.

Both writers agreed that the books share a common denominator: Asgard. According to Lanning, the New Mutants definitely have a history in Asgard which both writers felt needed to be expounded upon. However, rather than taking the story to Asgard, Lanning decided it might be best to bring it to Earth.

This developed quite quickly and quite easily given the long history of the New Mutants in Asgard. We wanted to bring that to Earth rather than take them back to Asgard. It's a little twist on how past stories have played out. There are some really cool reveals and surprises along the way that will hopefully play against type and expectation.

According to writer Andy Lanning, the five-issue event will act as a sort of "palette cleanser" for the Marvel Universe. If you love your Marvel books but are not very interested in reading the major "game-changing event" or you need a break from all the action promised by AVENGERS VS. X-MEN, then this mini-crossover might be right up your alley.

== TEASER ==

We are the palette cleanser for the big, universe-changing stuff and happy to be it. We're just telling some nice, fun, comic book stories...Trying to stop flesh eating zombies from destroying San Francisco is a riot!

Sounds like fun? The event will launch the month of May and will be a five-part weekly story that will start with the EXILED one-shot before moving to JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY, to NEW MUTANTS back to JOURNEY and ending in NEW MUTANTS. Be sure to check out the event this May!

Source: MARVEL

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MatKrenz

Well I guess im going to be continuing buying JIM even tough I want to but it in trade.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ganthetsward20

@MatKrenz: I know the feeling dude!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Hmm I'm not sure I like the sound of this

MarvelMan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By MarvelMan1985

Journey Into Mystery is a very well written and drawn comicbook and this actually seems like a very fun idea! Reminds me of the 1980's X-men and New Mutants stories in Asgard.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

Very VERY nice Stephanie Hans poster!

It seems that now the New Mutants can't cross-over with X-Men Legacy, they've branched out a little. Now that Dani hasn't got any powers, they've plumbing her Valkyrie connection for what... the third, fourth time in the last couple of years?

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Nudeviking

Cause of this crossover? My guess is Warlock's Asgardian hellhound puppy.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

This kind of feels like a desperate plea to up sales on both the books by pulling in respective audiences for the crossover. I haven't been following the sales of Journey, but I'm almost positive that New Mutants is starting to drop in sales (which is good, it should be cancelled).

HA. Look at that. Sales charts from January 2012

NEW MUTANTS #36

$2.99

MAR

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #633

$2.99

MAR

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

Journey into Mystery is an underrated book. More people should give it a chance.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WildStyle

I'm probably going to buy the trade for this. I like the concept a lot.

Boogiepop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Boogiepop

I'll be checking this out for sure.. Gillen's JIM series is way better than Fraction's Thor (which I refuse to read), and I'll read anything DnA write.

Despite sales numbers, I think they are both entertaining series. Unfortunately though because of the kinds of titles DnA write, they are forever cursed with low sales, despite their high caliber of writing, while thousand of people mindlessly buy every month's new issue of the Bendisvengers, just because it's the Avengers, and Marvel acts like you have to read it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_

@Boogiepop said:

I'll be checking this out for sure.. Gillen's JIM series is way better than Fraction's Thor (which I refuse to read), and I'll read anything DnA write.

Despite sales numbers, I think they are both entertaining series. Unfortunately though because of the kinds of titles DnA write, they are forever cursed with low sales, despite their high caliber of writing, while thousand of people mindlessly buy every month's new issue of the Bendisvengers, just because it's the Avengers, and Marvel acts like you have to read it.

Eh. I'm a HUGE DnA fan. War of Kings, Realm of Kings, their cosmic stuff, it's all some of my absolute favorite comics. I am REALLY not a fan of New Mutants, though. I don't know why, but it's simply not up to their normal standard.

And for the record, I haven't purchased a single issue of Bendisvengers ;)

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

May sure is the month of crossovers I tell you what. Interesting.

Sky_Jokiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Sky_Jokiel

This title should read

"Marvel is scared $h!t less because they are no longer at the top of the charts so they announce another crossover event that will be as disappointing as the last"

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

@The Dark Huntress: I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that the New Mutants hadn't been the cross-over bee-yotch ever since it started: Necrosha, Siege, Second Coming, Heroic Age, Age of X, Fear Itself, ReGenesis & now this... Only 18 issues out of the current 37 have been non-cross-over stories! That means 19 issues are connected to cross-overs or events. Cross-overs are renowned for spiking sales, but how can they justify crossing over more than 50% of issues? :(

And that's not even counting the fact that the 'Fall & Rise of the New Mutants' was connected to a cross-over from the 1980's ;p

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_

@xerox_kitty: O________o holy crap. I had absolutely NO IDEA that it was that high. I don't understand how Marvel is justifying continuing this book?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xerox_kitty

@The Dark Huntress: To be fair, X-Men Legacy is also a cross-over war child. But that came in second place to New Mutants as it didn't have the Norse connection.

It does seem that they're annually plumbing Dani's Valkyrie heritage, to coincide with the non-X cross-overs :(

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_

@xerox_kitty said:

@The Dark Huntress: To be fair, X-Men Legacy is also a cross-over war child. But that came in second place to New Mutants as it didn't have the Norse connection.

It does seem that they're annually plumbing Dani's Valkyrie heritage, to coincide with the non-X cross-overs :(

The difference is that Legacy is an amazing book :P Or at least it was. Grumbles about Gage and f#cking Frenzy and Gambit AKA worse than Rogneto and worst couple EVER.

I'm not overly familiar with the characters (to be fair...the only time I read this book is during crossovers, so I guess Marvel's doing something right?) and I like that take on Dani.

I started reading the most current arc, with the poor man's Blink and as much as I wanted to love it (I'll take whatever Blink I can get), I didn't even finish the arc.

sinful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By sinful

Another event? ...I quit.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ReVamp

Interesting.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By frogjitsu

@xerox_kitty: I agree, this series is never given a chance to hit it's stride before it's commandeered for yet another crossover. And how many more times are they going to touch on the New Mutants relationship with Asgard?

I have 2 choices drop this book or buy the other. I guess I'll have to see what I do when the time comes.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xerox_kitty

@The Dark Huntress: I gave up midway the Fear Itself arc. Necrosha was the best this series got, and now it has taken to long to morph into a new incarnation that justifies the title of 'New Mutants'. It's moot and still doesn't make sense to split the team up, replacing members with X-Man & Blink. And while I like the idea of Dani using her Valkyrie connections, I'm sick & tired of them being wheeled out on an annual basis to satisfy the need for a leader with powers. Storm managed to lead the X-Men for several years without falling back on any other powers, so Dani's connection to Valhalla shouldn't be a cheap cop-out for yet another cross-over :(

I remember looking forward to this series so much, but now I just wish they'd cancel it before it gets even more embarrassing. Other titles have been even more short-lived when they had more to offer than this.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercy_

@xerox_kitty said:

I remember looking forward to this series so much, but now I just wish they'd cancel it before it gets even more embarrassing. Other titles have been even more short-lived when they had more to offer than this.

This is how I felt about Gen Hope when it got canceled.

VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VanAce

I think there would be less complaints if it wasn't called an event and was just called a crossover. Who knows it might actually be good and there is nothing stopping you from reading it or not.

Like it says in the article it is for people who want to read a big story line but are not interested in AvX. Its like last year there was Fear Itself but if you were not interested in that you could read Schism or Spider Island instead.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty

@The Dark Huntress: Sorry, I was glad Gen Hope was cancelled :}

@VanAce: True, and I'm sorry for being bitter & jaded. I'm sure there will be many people who will enjoy it. But it is interesting that there's this event/cross-over while AvX is going on. One X-Men event isn't enough?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_

@xerox_kitty: By the time it was cancelled, so was I. Maybe now we can have her written competently.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26  Edited By x_29

@The Dark Huntress: She needs to quit the overly angsty, butch lesbo general attitude. When X-23 got cancelled I was bummed to holy damnation. When Gen Hope got cancelled I was like " meh."

Im at least hoping Zero kicks her ass in this weeks issue.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By John Valentine

Disappointed. I thought this would be a new "Exiles" title. No interest in this whatsoever.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skaddix

What New Mutants need is some actual character development and characters besides Dani to do something of note and be shown as competent and effective in fight scenes.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#29  Edited By pspin

This sounds cool.

@The Dark Huntress: sorry to snipe your conversation but when was Gen Hope cancelled?!?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercy_

@pspin: It was announced within the last few weeks that issue 17 (I think it was 17...) would be the last.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#31  Edited By pspin

@The Dark Huntress: Well that sucks, I thought it was turning around... I think this proves that having all of Team Cyclops' books based on drama and woe is a bad idea...

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#32  Edited By The Impersonator

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

May sure is the month of crossovers I tell you what. Interesting.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox_kitty said:

Cross-overs are renowned for spiking sales, but how can they justify crossing over more than 50% of issues? :(

I believe you just answered your own question. To me, New Mutants is the weakest out of all the X-Men ongoings and as much as I love JIM, it needs help. Any added exposure would be great which is why they have these types of crossovers.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By DATNIGGA

I have always wanted to see thor & nate grey in the same comic i just didnt want to see nate lose his powers in order to do so

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Skaddix

@pspin said:

@The Dark Huntress: Well that sucks, I thought it was turning around... I think this proves that having all of Team Cyclops' books based on drama and woe is a bad idea...

Yeah The Blue Books Lack Clear Defining Differences

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I love everything about Journey Into Mystery and I enjoy the New Mutants as well. But I agree with Xerox_Kitty. Bringing the Asgardian connection with Dani Moonstar back up is kind of stale. I really hope this brings sales up for both books though.

xscarletkittie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By xscarletkittie

Now this is something I can look forward to! I adore JiM and even though I'm not reading New Mutants right now, the group has always had a special place in my heart. I hope the crossover will help boost JiM's exposure... I don't want to lose yet another Marvel comic series I love because sales are low.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By JonesDeini

Sounds interesting, but I'll not be picking up another series. I love JIM but could care a less about New Mutants.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Solarflare32

This is bad 3/4 of the blue teams books are facing problems

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I love Journey Into Mystery...I do not love New Mutants. Ah well.

JIM is super underrated though, it's a very cool book and kid Loki and Leah and Ikol are entertaining as hel. (see what I did there ;) )

Avatar image for amazingspidey_707
    AmazingSpidey_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, at least marvel notices that they release to many big events.

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

they say five issues, a one shot, but let us not forget the .1 issue, then the other tie in issues, then the other .1 issues for those books, an aftermath issue. yeah, marvel when you say four issues, you really mean like 90. and variants.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gravitypress

@John Valentine said:

Disappointed. I thought this would be a new "Exiles" title. No interest in this whatsoever.

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#44  Edited By IronHerc

Why call it an event? is just a crossover like the ones that are soon to happen in DC. Event makes it sound important sure, but come one......it's just a crossovers

Mokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mokey

But I don't read New Mutants and have no desire to! Damn it!

Frozen_Eternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Frozen_Eternal

Cool

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By saoakden

I might read it cause of thr Journey into the Mystery. Not to sure about new mutants. The art looks good.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#48  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Solarflare32 said:
    This is bad 3/4 of the blue teams books are facing problems
    I agree. With Generation Hope being canceled, what will become of the other Blue books? And if the majority of the Blue books are canceled, then Schism will just automatically end because how can you have Schism without the Blue team?
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#49  Edited By Teerack

I see Thor! If this means hes back and I can start reading Thor again ill be happy.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#50  Edited By GothamRed

i hope the exiles show up

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.