Follow

New Krypton

Location » New Krypton appears in 62 issues.

Now residing in Earth's orbit, directly opposite it, New Krypton is home to the residents of Kandor rescued from Brainiac by Kal-El.

March 2010: Last Stand of New Krypton

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Please tell me you're reading this book, even if you aren't a Superman fan. Recently, some craziness has happened in the Superman world. The real Brainiac came to Earth to collect cities. Superman beat the snot out of him, and he un-shrunk Kandor. Then the Kryptonians of Kandor made a whole new planet on the opposite side of the sun: New Krypton. Superman left Earth to train the Kryptonian military and to make sure they don't wage war on Earth. Right now, Brainiac and Lex are plotting their revenge, well, mostly Brainiac. This March it looks like we're going to see it. 

What is the LAST STAND OF NEW KRYPTON? Well, it’s basically New Krypton’s worst nightmare come to life, as Brainiac attacks the planet, determined to recapture the city of Kandor.

But General Zod has prepared for this moment since Brainiac first attacked the original Krypton. Only problem? Zod’s plan to save New Krypton will mean the destruction of the future.

So it’s up to Superman, Supergirl, Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes to save the people of New Krypton and ensure the Legion won’t be wiped from the future’s existence. Good luck! Or, to quote editor Matt Idelson:

“This is the story that ties together tons of threads that have run through all the Super-books up to now, clearing the decks for the war we all knew was coming. And I don’t know about you, but I’ve been waiting months to see Brainiac restored to his full, horrific glory. And at last, we’ll get to see Superboy interact on an ongoing basis with the rest of the Superbooks’ characters.”

This will be a three issue mini-series that looks like it will tie up all the loose ends in the Super-books. This is also the precursor to War of Superman, which I mentioned last week. Like I said before, I hope you guys are reading this. I am usually not a Superman fan, but I'm loved the Brainiac story earlier this year and I'm really enjoying the World of New Krypton book. Who else is reading this book? Are you guys as excited as I am for this upcoming series?

Brainiac and the Legion of Super-Heroes kicks off the event and then the 3 part mini-series hits shelves in March 2010.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Such an awesome picture *tears*

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Son_of_Magnus:
    Sadly, the picture related to this upcoming event was a broken link, so I used the best Superman picture ever
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

New Krypton.....? Still not into it!

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By drawme

No Superman for me!!!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

can't freaking wait!!!  The Superman Family has some of the best books by DC right now and I've been loving them

ElJuano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By ElJuano

I might pick up the trade but not the comic, way too many on my pull list already! looks great so far but I've been deceived b4 from DC, I'm hoping though this series will change my mind and prove me wrong I'm a huge Superman fan at heart.

wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By wordchallenge

Sounds like I need to catch up...

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NightFang3

Awesome!

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mbecks14

The Superman books are great! Really excited for War of the Supermen

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Bruce Vain

If I wasn't tight with money lately. I would've been buying this series. But I have to restrain myself from buying too many comics like I use to. So I only buy few issues now. 

DAMN IT
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Comiclove5
    @danhimself:  
    Agreed to a certain point. 
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xion

I read the 1st 2 issues, I really enjoy it until the comic shop here close so I haven't keep up with it

Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Archetype

*Obligatory Kneel before Zod*

seriously though kneel!

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

The Super books have been killing it. I'm sry, forget the Haters DC has been doing amazing this year, the world-building has been great. An while we know it'll be Status-quo b4 to long, the journey getting there is one hell of a trip. Geoff's vision for DC (and while he isn't spear-heading it anymore, he did start this ball rolling.) as far as the major franchises he's been allowed to get his hands on, (GL, Flash, Supes, Titans) has been great. Green Lantern's payin off right now, and he has more planned. While not my exact cup of tea, he's even managed to make bringing Barry (something i was almost as opposed to as Marvel's abysmal BND, which is why i still haven't bought a single issue with Spider-Man in it. Period.) interesting to read. But Supes? Come on, DC created a story that not only opened his world, and upped the stakes, but answered the biggest complaint he's not the most powerful w/o question on New Krypton. An he's still the man. So keep it coming, and the more S family love to be shown the better. I'll be waiting. 

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

I knew Braniac would have to come to destroy new krypton some time or another 

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By grimreaper1980

how come nobody has heard of it before? who will play superman then

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By KidSupreme

Its Great!!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @KidSupreme said:
    "Its Great!! "

I enjoyed it but after everything was all said and done, everything basically went back to where they were before Brainiac attacked for the most part besides Supes walking across earth, Kandor no longer exists, and General Lane is dead

@grimreaper1980
    said:
    "how come nobody has heard of it before? who will play superman then "

heard of what?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.