Follow

New Guardians

Team » New Guardians appears in 72 issues.

A team consisting of representatives from all 7 lantern corps: Green (Will), Blue (Hope), Red (Rage), Orange (Avarice), Yellow (Fear), Violet (Love), and the Indigo Tribe (Compassion). The unification of these corps is necessary to destroy Black Lanterns.

Interesting Query

Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
    deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Do you think this... 

No Caption Provided
    ...has anything to do with this? 

No Caption Provided
     Back in Green Lantern #20, the Zamarons realized the error of allowing the star sapphire gems to run rampant and began creating the Star Sapphire Corps.  They also saw how the denial of emotion had effected the Guardians and swore not to follow a similar path by focusing on one emotion.  The Zamarons were shown to be collecting rings from each corps.  To what end or purpose wasn't revealed, though it's probably because they felt they were better prepared to fend off the prophecy of the Blackest Night. 

With the Blackest Night over and the planet of Zamaron destroyed, the Zamarons plan seems to be out of commision but we now have a mysterious figure who has set up a similar looking design but on a far grander scale.  Instead of collecting rings, it appears this person is collecting the very Emotional Embodiments themselves.  To top it off, the mysterious figure claims to have written certain things into the Green Lantern oath and was a protector of the universe before the Corps and the Manhunters. 

Do you think the two are connected?  Maybe the Zamarons were attempting to achieve whatever it is the mysterious figure is working on.  Or is it just maybe they had an inkling of an idea of what collecting all of them could do.   It still begs the question:  what power does one have in controlling all the lights?     
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By warlock360

LOL i remember seeing the first picture and making this on MS paint 2 years ago 

my thesis of the white / black / and possible gray lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least I wasn't the only one not thinking Indigo would have any significance. hehe

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By warlock360

well i only got to see violet, green and yellow lol so i just thought about other colors from the spectrum and then to form the ultimate one put them all together should be white, but also to have a counterpiece, black. And then, maybe one in-between, gray. <.<

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good thought and after seeing Indigo Tribe, I'm thinking they work in enough gray area to cover that.  What are they planning with Hand, I wonder.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.