undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By undeadpool

The Good

Jonathan Hickman writes this issue. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to quantify exactly why that’s a great thing, but here we are, here he is, and we’re now...seven for seven in terms of the quality of this event. This is the book where, more than others, we get to see the psychological toll taken on the heroes and big players of this event. Reed Richards momentarily forgets himself, Beast is unaware of the limitations placed on this group, Dr. Strange is most definitely not himself, Namor and T’Challa are having trouble seeing eye-to-eye and is Tony Stark even HERE any more?? Despite these guys being some of the biggest, heaviest hitters in the Marvel Universe, even their minds are unravelling at just how bad everything’s gotten and how much they’re being stretched to their absolute limits. Tonally this is definitely the darkest book of Infinity and this issue definitely reminds the reader of that with careful, nuanced portrayals of familiar characters.

Mike Deodato really was and is the absolute correct choice for this project. He and Frank Martin, on colors, match the darker, more bleak outlook that this book has. The characters communicate so much to each other and the reader without saying anything (and that’s not even counting Black Bolt). Some things are obvious, some are inferred but with the art being as top-notch as it is, both work equally well because there are ticks and tells behind the eyes of all the main characters. This is one of the most interesting books to read as well as just look at.

The Bad

Can’t think of anything. Even if you’re a fan of New Avengers and don’t care about Infinity, this is remarkably self-contained and could have just been its own arc in the series.

The Verdict

Whether you’re fully invested in Infinity or not, whether you’re a longtime reader of New Avengers or just love superhero comics in general, there’s not a single reason not to pick up this title. Grab the previous ones if you can find them, but rest assured that this is an easy book to follow and catch up on. I feel like how great it is might be getting swallowed up or overshadowed by the other Infinity titles because, as I stated before, this would have worked without the tie-in. Absolute highest recommendation.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Loved it. This supplements Infinity perfectly and it is a great book on it's own as well. Their interactions with each other are great, and I am very excited to see how this all plays out.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

Great issue indeed 5/5

Mutie199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

new avengers is one of the greatest comic book series out there and this issue proves it once again.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine008

Awesome sauce!

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@undeadpool In the whole Infinity series, when I'm reading this, do I read this one or Infinity 3 first?

Damian_Arrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By JamDamage

loving this book. lot of fun. Namor is a liar by the way.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE this book, and I LOVE Deodato. Infinity is amazing so far.

MINOREST of nit-picks, doesn't Beast look like Donkey Kong in the first panel?! He looks so cartoony compared to the others!

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really can't wait.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Did thanos kill Black Dwarf? Wow just great issue.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Did thanos kill Black Dwarf? Wow just great issue.

I dont think so, he says he migth "call on him again"

Just pwnd his orange ass lol.

Great issue just wish it was longer.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savagedragon: Oh okay maybe just punished him. Yeah it felt too fast.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really nice issue.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By nappystr8

This book is as good as it's ever been, but I can't help but wish this Infinity stuff would just end. I don't care about Thanos or his seed, or his henchmen.

Zumafire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how these Three books (Infinity, Avengers, New Avengers) can't be considered anything other than the complete Infinity story. You know Hickman wants to just write a giant 100 page comic every month for six plus months to tell this story.

Hello people. You are reading the one of the greatest Marvel Stories ever. And it's only half way through! Hell Yeah!

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity rocks. New Avengers rocks. Deodato rocks. 'Nuff said!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this book. I think I'm going to be disappointed if Maximus turns out to be the son of Thanos. I don't think it would make sense logically but there is a resemblance in terms of dangerously strategic minds. Maximus the Mad, the Mad Titan. I don't know dude. It could be cool or super cliche. Hickman hasn't let me down yet so I'm ready to have my brain explode.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.