haydenclaireheroes's New Avengers #5 - Magic Gone Berserk(er)! review

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes

Woman are always painted in the background

Cover

I did not really like the cover that much. I just thought the eye on Wolverine’s head was kind of weird.

Story

Years Ago the hand was sent to get the eye of Agamotto from Doctor Strange, but kind of lost that battle. Hawkeye and Mockingbird unite and Hawkeye said he cannot be there to help because he had an emergency call from the other Avengers. Iron Fist said he does not Trust Doctor Strange because he is not telling the whole story. Then Agamotto shows up and he wants the eye back but, Doctor Strange and Agamotto fight and Agamotto fight. Agamotto goes away. Wolverine volunteers to take the eye and they have a ceremony and he is one with the eye.

Best Part

The story is moving a long and not dragging and that is good. Because sometimes with story arcs which are long some issues drag and I was glad that this issue did not drag. I also like that Dr. Strange has secrets and I like that we have a little mystery in this series.

Worse Part

The thing that happens in every issue of this series is that some characters have the spot light in the series and some just play as the background. I see that mostly then men in the series get more to say than the woman. I had to look back to even see if Ms. Marvel was in this issue.

Art

The art is kind of sketchy because there are a lot of people to draw in one panel. So, the art is not that great sometimes but, the magic on the pages is always good. So, the art had its faults but, also has a lot of good things.

Pick It Up or Not

Pick it up!!!!

3 ½ out of 5

Other reviews for New Avengers #5 - Magic Gone Berserk(er)!

New Avengers #5 Review 0

Brian Michael Bendis and Stuart Immonen continue their mystic in this month's New Avengers.This issue kicks off with a scence involving the Eye of Agamotto, which I actually liked that turned to Dr.Strange and Wong kicking ass. Stuart Immonen's art is really great here. We get a scence involving Hawkeye and Mockingbird and we get an answer as to who is on what team for the couple. Hawkeye has to leave because he is getting an emergency call for the other Avengers, but I'm wondering if Sp...

Review: New Avengers #5 0

The Avengers' struggle with extra-dimensional worsens terribly after they realize that the threat may stem from even before the Ancient One's time.  The Good If there's one thing I've appreciated about Marvel's output of late, it's their willingness to push their concepts and characters forward. This isn't the Avengers I grew up on - - it's got a different thrust - - and it's more exciting for that. Similarily, I'm glad to see them to Dr. Strange and his mythos in to new areas. Spidey's joke ab...