"Who does this belong to?"
The Good - In a short comment, only Immonen´s art is responsible for me buying this book, and even his art is not going to be a reason strong enough if this series doesn´t shift 180º. The cover was beautiful. Jessica acting as a heroine was ok too.
The Baaaaad - It´s oficial: Bendis has lost tracks on this book, he doesn´t have a clue what he´s doing or where this series is supposed to go. Bendis facts to prove this is a downhill book
1) Where are the good dialogues (like in issues # 1 and 2)?
2) Terrible two pages spread (if the artist doesn´t receive a good writing material, what´s he going to use as reference for his pencils?)
3) The "Magik Group" constant bablling and never reaching a solution or commom point (what´s the point in putting together three of the most powerful magicians in the Marvel Universe if they can´t figure out nothing constructive?)
4) Voodoo´s potion (so Jericho now is a mind reader, ´cause he was mixing a potion knowing that Daimon would ask him to take a look at NY; yeaahhh, that´s plausible)
5) Ms. Marvel going in the rift (what good did this do to the plot?? Absolutely nothing!!! That proves that Bendis doesn´t know what to write about in this series, he´s completely lost regarding narrative and dialogues)
6) "Gooyiha!" (no comments)
7) Punch first, ask questions later (that´s Bendis philosophy, so, when are we getting some decent answers?)
8) So now Strange is the bad guy (Bendis is trying to rewrite Dr, Strange´s entire origin, just because he can´t write about anything new and good; interesting how it´s easier to destroy than to create).
Guess that´s enough to show my point of view.
The Verdict - The New Avengers Vol 2 has nothing of the charisma and qualities of the previous volume, so it´s a complete disaster: no coherence, no writing and an artist that soon will ask to quit if this doesn´t improve at all.
2 out 5 Dark Secrets (wasn´t this a Heroic Age book?)