atomicrobo5's New Avengers #4 - The Ancient One Throws Down! review

Avatar image for atomicrobo5
  • atomicrobo5 wrote this review on .
  • atomicrobo5 has written a total of 27 reviews. The last one was for

Oooooh look at those fancy britches!

Bendis delivers yet another enjoyable installment of New Avengers giving readers just enough to make them kick and scream (and call him several horrible names) when the last page comes.

With all heck breaking loose as the barriers between realities is torn asunder and New York is again caught in the crossfire the New Avengers are fighting a battle they can't win.  This is a story of two parts both wonderfully intertwined with classic Bendis style as you have the New Avengers on front street trying to save the citizens of NYC (and their own collective arses) and Dr. Strange and the magic brain trust in the background trying to figure out how to stop this and just who in the heck is behind all this magical shenanigans.

When issue four draws to a close we are left with more questions than answers and the recently returned Iron Fist (who has a fancy new set of super hero jammies) confronts Dr. Strange about his part in all this.  There is also enough wiggle room worked into the story to allow Bendis to either make Strange the biggest @#(% in the world or a victim of a nefarious plot.  Is there some one pulling the strings and distracting the hero's by pointing them in the wrong direction?  Did Strange cause all of this due to a past discretion?  Is it next month yet so we can find out?

Great story and as always Stuart Immonen's art is fan-freaking-tastic!

Other reviews for New Avengers #4 - The Ancient One Throws Down!

Review New Avengers #5 0

Cover the cover is awsome i like how the eye is blasting spiderman. I also like how Luke, wolverine, and Ms Marvel are trying to help   Review I like how it starts out that spidey points out the obvious and makes it funny. Then it gose to damion, Dr. Strange, and Dr. Voodoo trying to figure out who is doing this. Dr. Voodoo then opens a portal to see whats happening in new york and they see it's all going to hell in a hand basket. Luke gets overpowered by deamon and just when we thinks its the ...

"Who does this belong to?" 0

The Story - After a nearly endless battle with spawns from another dimension, the New Avengers cacthes a break with Iron Fist´s return (as a White Lantern??), who´s blaming Strange for all of this mess and appears to be on Ancient One´s side. The Good - In a short comment, only Immonen´s art is responsible for me buying this book, and even his art is not going to be a reason strong enough if this series doesn´t shift 180º. The cover was beautiful. Jessica acting as a heroine was ok too. The Baa...