frijolie's New Avengers #2 - All Eyes on Cage! review

Avatar image for frijolie

Keep This Going!

Synopsis

The Avengers have to wrestle with demonic possessions to get the Eye of Agamato back. Lots of action in this book which requires teamwork from everybody to get the job done.

The Good

Hands down the artwork! Stuart Immonen has a Gabriel Hardman look to him and that's definitely a good thing. There is hyper detail on everyone and everything in the book. Everyone has realistic facial expressions and seems to be more like a photograph or a motion picture than drawings on a page. I don't know who to attribute the most credit. It could easily be the penciler or the inker on this one so the award goes to the entire art team. I'll have to follow more of Immonen and Von Grawbadger's work. It would be nice to get some original art from either :P

Another thing worth mentioning is the dialog. I don't normally notice or point out when it is good, but I openly laughed out loud on some of the Spider-Man comebacks. You don't get this that often anymore so it's definitely worth mentioning here.

The Bad

The only drawback is that I have to wait a month for the next issue. It is also too bad that this team is not also doing the mainline Avengers title. Someone needs to replace JR Jr on that book, it's not cutting it.

Verdict (5/5)

With all the good things going for it I'll skip taking a point for the oral history of the avengers in the back which earns the book a perfect score from me. Keep this going guys, this is a top three book in my pile right now.

Other reviews for New Avengers #2 - All Eyes on Cage!

Is Dr. Voodoo incompetent? 0

The Story - Just in the mood for a new home party, the New Avengers are subtly disturbed by the appearence of Dr. Strange and Daimon Hellstorm, both dominated by a demon, and Luke Cage is possessed by an unknow enemy, who´s trying to steal the Eye of Agamotto. Then a huge fight takes place in the mansion, escalating to Central Park, where, after getting clear of the possessions, Dr. Strange, Hellstorm, Dr. Voodoo and The New Avengers watch a big, flaming rift in the sky being formed and also, pr...

Who will be Possessed by the eye 0

Cover The cover has great art and really shows the battle between Luke Cage and the rest of the New Avengers. Story The issue starts out where this issue ended where Luke Cage is growing and is becoming possessed because of the eye. The thing is ready to throw some punches but Luke punches him out of the mansion. Jessica Jones asks Spidey to hold her baby because she wants to help her husband Luke. Jessica tries to punch Luke to get him back to his sense but it does not work. Wolverine is fighti...