Follow

Naruto Uzumaki

Character » Naruto Uzumaki appears in 1505 issues.

Naruto Uzumaki is a hyperactive ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village and a member of Team 7, son of the Fourth Hokage and Kushina Uzumaki. Shortly after his birth, the Nine-Tailed Fox was sealed inside of him, but this was kept a secret from him for years. He has now achieved his dreams and became Konoha's Seventh Hokage. He also has a wife (Hinata) and two children (Himawari and Boruto).

I just realized something about Naruto

TheExcelsior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is not to undermine the Bijuu's role in the story, because Kurama is completely tied to Naruto's growth both in character development and in power across the series, it wouldn't have been the same if he was introduced as "just another Bijuu". But still, I realized something about Naruto I never noticed before: Naruto would have been one of the most powerful ninja anyway, regardless of Kurama.

Why you may ask? The answer is quite simple and it's been already established in the series: Because Naruto is Ashura reincarnated. Both Ashura and Indra were the most powerful guys in their era, not counting their father. They were both 1/4th Otsutsuki and they inherited their father's massive chakra and power. Indra was capable of using Mangekyo Sharingan, which allowed him to use Perfect Susano'o. And Ashura was so skilled with Six Paths Chakra he was capable of fashioning his own battle avatar.

No Caption Provided

So what's this gotta do with Naruto? Ashura and Indra's transmigrates have a history of inheriting chakra so powerful they become among the most powerful figures in history. One needs only look at Madara and Hashirama. One was considered "God of Shinobi" and was the greatest Wood Style user, to the point he could create a giant One-Thousand Arms Buddha to use in combat. He could also use Sage Mode. Madara, on the other hand, had an Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan and was capable of using Perfect Susano'o as well as being one of the greatest Fire Style users. They were both capable of taming Tailed Beasts.

No Caption Provided

Following that same line of thought, Naruto would have been able to become as powerful as them, perhaps even more, by virtue of being Ashura's reincarnation (and of course, by virtue of training and gaining skill). If you doubt it, just look at Sasuke. No Tailed Beast or outside source whatsoever and he's Naruto's equal in every way. Of course, I like Kurama, and the whole point of the series is Naruto being the Jinchuriki and learning how to cope with it. However, it came as a major revelation for me that, despite everything he went through with Kurama, Naruto would have been powerful anyway. Not thanks to Kurama, but rather thanks to Ashura.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
    deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep and his chakra pool is massive regardless of Kurama.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I know about this and Kurama is an additional power for Naruto.

Avatar image for deactivated-600f199354a16
    deactivated-600f199354a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for superiorsgbeast
    SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No without kurama he would be dead

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.